It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government taking advantage of our youth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok, we've all seen Toys, where the "evil" company head was using kids to play video games when they were actually flying combat missions.

My question is how valid do you all think this is? With videogames getting more and more realistic, and the controls becoming much less arcade and much more real, do you think this is a possibility?

Personally, I love flying combat games, and am fairly good at them. But could this be a plan sponsored by the government like Top Gun and many other movies were?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I never bought into the whole conspiracy in video games.

I've been playing video games since Nintendo first came out and I haven't killed anyone (Yet :lol
I stopped playing video games because it just got boring to me.

The games I do fear in our children is those wrestling games because those games have them actually killing each other.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Maybe the reason behind halo and halo2 is that there is a group of alien races that are coming to kill us all (covenant) so they are training the kids to recognise the aliens and know their weaknesses... but then again maybe not... video games are just for fun... and possibly brainwashing but thats really it

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh no, you misunderstood! I'm not saying the games are going to inspire you to do anything wrong. I've been playing video games all my life, and still do today. And other then that one guy, who looked like Wario, I haven't killed anyone

I'm just wondering if they may be a training tool the way Top Gun was a recruitment tool. The Army released it's Massive multiplayer online combat simulation as both a tool to teach officers how to manage a combat situation, and to get plebes (like us) to download it and help those officers learn to deal with how people may react in a real combat situation, rather then a simulated one. A friend of mine is addicted to that game, and loves to (in his mind) get the commanding officer in trouble at the base
(Likes to shoot his officer in the head when an order is issued)

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure this has anything to do with your intended topic, but I recently noticed something on Vice City for PS2. There are aircraft circling the sky leaving 'trails'. I was cruisin' in the speedboat trying to reach my goal and this plane was flying just above me with a thick trail following behind. I know many of you are skeptical of the topic, but I strongly believe something is going on with these trails. I thought it was interesting to see this happening in the video game. I can't figure out if they are in the game for subliminal purposes ('normality') or because it's VICE City. Nonetheless, I thought it was interesting. I apologize if this is way off topic.

[Edited on 1/29/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
maybe they are making the games so that the kids will want to become soldiers, fighter pilots when they grow up.
imagine, they grow up thinkin thats its awesome to be a pilot and it becomes their dream and then they go to the airforce.
the government gets its soldiers...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There was some movie where this adolescent beat some arcade game and aliens picked him up left a body double here and he had to fight for the aliens, the game was a test of skill and since he beat it they came and got him. I wish I knew the name of that movie.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, it the future, it's well established that planes will be flown remotly. Although the aircraft is capable of incredible manuvers, humans are not. So could these games be a form of training so that when kids join the USAF or Navy, they'll already know how to fly a plane with a controller or joystick?

jrod, that was the Last Starfighter. Good movie!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Last Starfighter was a great movie. I would like to be the hero for just playing Gradius or something

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
who cares? those games rock!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
they are probably just preparing us just incase we are needed

new topics

top topics

join