It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the time change is late this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hi everyone, it is halloween night and for the first time in my entire life it is still daylight outside. I have never had a halloween when the time didn't change the weekend before halloween.

Does anyone know why this has happend?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
because our enlightned presidnet thought it would be a good idea

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Same reason it started a week earlier this year.

President signed a bill saying so. Don't really know how much energy we saved, but oh well.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The question I have is, why do they say that the "NEXT" daylight savings time change will happen in 2038 ? Source
Does that mean we'll need to move the clocks again out yet another week in both directions, or just another ploy to give more tax breaks to the big chains?

Energy Policy Act of 2005

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I know one thing... it definately made halloween different and not as fun since it was daylight out. It isn't going to make that big a difference in energy concerns, if he is that worried about energy then why isn't he doing something more about it. Our planet is going through a global warming because of humans putting so much carbon dioxide into the air. Why isn't he fixing that?

Oh well... thanks everyone for the answer. I had no idea that was going on.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
I know one thing... it definately made halloween different and not as fun since it was daylight out. It isn't going to make that big a difference in energy concerns, if he is that worried about energy then why isn't he doing something more about it. Our planet is going through a global warming because of humans putting so much carbon dioxide into the air. Why isn't he fixing that?

Oh well... thanks everyone for the answer. I had no idea that was going on.

You THINK that's what is happening. I believe it's a natural cycle that the Earth goes through. Especially with the sun.

Does it help we put so much more CO2 into the air? Probably not, but I'm not going to point fingers and say it is completely our fault. The Earth goes through natural cycles as does every other planet in our solar system. Because if you look at the temperatures of Mars you'll notice they are higher than normal and well, we aren't there.

It's a law for daylight savings, just as it was just a law for previous times. Not every country does daylight savings. Energy concern or not, the president is just a puppet IMO, just a face. He signs what the rest of the behind the scenes people say should be signed.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Our planet is going through a global warming because of humans putting so much carbon dioxide into the air.

What?
Was it us humans that ended the last ice age too?
Like scooby said, its a natural cycle.
Every planet in our solar system is heating up right now, including the sun.
Are we to believe that our carbon emissions have an effect on Mars and Jupiter as well? OR are we to believe that our planet is warming from the same natural event that is warming every other planet?

As far as the time zone goes, I was thinking it was off this year but have been too busy to check into it.
Seems like the president just likes playing god for his subjects.
Yank us all around and manipulate the time of day in order to 'save energy'.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
it was dark up there...it gets dark really early

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I didn't know you changed the clocks over the pond as well! Ours went back last weekend and it's dark by about 6pm now i think

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Congress changed the day on which Daylight Savings Time takes effect with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. The Daylight Savings Time provision took effect this year.

According to reference.com, the estimated cost of this change in terms of the effort required to prepare and implement software patches is between $500 million and $1 billion.

www.reference.com...

Thanks, Congress.

Incidentally, Hugo Chavez has offset Venezuela's time zone by 30 minutes.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 1-11-2007 by America Jones]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah I just asked my buddy this a few days ago and he repield with a frown, "Bush".

My computer, cellphone and pager now has to be turned back or turned to ignore daylight savings.

Does this mean that the time change is ignored all year? If so, in a few years we'll be sleeping at 2 am and it will still be sunny outside!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What exactly does the time change have to do with it still being daylight out on Halloween?
If we changed the clocks back it STILL would have been daylight out on Halloween. All it is is us losing or gaining an hour, so we stay up a little later, and get up a little earlier. It doesn't change whether the sun is up at 8pm or if it goes down at 6pm.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by America Jones
Congress changed the day on which Daylight Savings Time takes effect with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. The Daylight Savings Time provision took effect this year.

...My wall calendar has a caption on the 4 November date, (Sunday)

which reads: " Daylight Savings Time Ends, 2am "

According to reference.com, the estimated cost of this change in terms of the effort required to prepare and implement software patches is between $500 million and $1 billion.

But....Prime Time television"....will remain at 9pm !!

I still go for the Arizona way of dealing with 'time'.
every local should adopt the standard time all year round.

DST was intended for the earlier America which was largely agricultural
the school year was also tailored on that earlier social need.
they are both outmoded models, the school year & the daylight savings time thing

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I’m sorry if I made it sound like humans is the only reason for global warming, it did sound like that after I reread it and that was not what I meant to say at all.

There are new findings that the whole solar system is going through a change. It is just that after watching the movie that Al Gore made on global warming I saw the stats way off the charts only once and that is now. It wasn’t off the charts back in the other ice ages. That should tell us something.

So even though this planet and more than likely the other planets in our Solar System as well goes through global warming every few thousands or millions of years it is at the worse now and it, in my opinion, has to be from humans. Yes that is only my opinion that we are at least contributing to the problem, but not the only source.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by America Jones

Wow, this is true, I didn't even think about that aspect of it. So where is the money savings then?

---------

Zaphod58 I live on the East coast so tonght it was dark at around 7'ish which means if the clocks would have been turned back an hour before Halloween then it would have been dark at 6 for trick or treating. Our trick or treating in my neighborhood is from 6-8 pm.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OMG I just read my reply and can't believe how stupid I sounded! Of course there will be a time change. The question is when? Well from what I understand is that it early this morning because when I turned on the newsradio they said the time and I had to readjust for it.

I still don't get how moving the time change a few weeks helps in energysavings.

Sound like another Bush plan to help large Corporations make money some how, like the patches on computers and electronic javaware as mentioned earlier.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I dunno...is there proper grammar is around here?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ahh, your right. It was late that night and I had to close at work, I was really tired. I would edit the title but I don't see the edit button. It must have been moved? Oh well. I found out why and that is what I was hoping for, thanks everyone again for the answers.

Please forgive the bad wording on the title.

top topics

join