It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SSSC Non Entry) The Collection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It had taken him years, no decades, to amass this collection. It was the greatest achievement in his life and he was about to put a price on it that would ensure his financial future and that of his children and his children’s children. Major Makon Marnare felt more excited and nervous than he had in his entire life. Would the Society like his collection? Would they want it? He was confident in the array of specimens he had collected but would the interest be there? The Major paced the room, fixed himself a drink and went back to pacing. They would be arriving now, congregating in the Great Hall, below being served the finest libations his staff could arrange.

He checked his appearance in the mirror, and ran a clammy hand through his silver hair. The years out on the field had taken it’s toll, deep lines wrinkled his forehead. He made an attempt to smooth them out with his free hand, shook his head and gulped the remainder of the contents in his glass. Walking to the steel door behind him, he punched the code known only to him and glanced at his impressive collection. The glass cases sparkled from the polishing his hard working staff had painstakingly cleaned and arranged for him. Under his careful supervision he had the specimens arranged by size and color setting the stage for what he believed would be the best display ever collected in history.

A sudden thought entered his mind, summoning the several staff members with the press of a button, he ordered the first palate to be guided in front of a steel door on the far side of the room. This door opened to the Great Hall and where his fat pocketed patrons would be able to glimpse a few of the treasures before being able to tour the expansive room behind. Pleased with his last minute idea, the Major took his place behind the podium and prepared himself for his presentation.

He would never forget the first day, when he came across these marvelous creatures, so many varieties in a single species, it was the most unusual thing he had ever seen. Black, brown, white, yellow, red, so many variations and combinations of colors. White skin and yellow hair, white skin and black hair, some natural, some upon closer scrutiny disguised to be another color. Oh and those things they call eyes. So beautiful, like jewels, each and every one. He missed studying the eyes most of all, but it was the hardest part of the procedure since the specimens could not be in a state of suspended animation for one to fully appreciate the jewel like quality of the eyes. Yes his collection was great, by far the best collection of the human species ever amassed in the universe. He had collected them all. Pretty ones, ugly ones, fat ones, skinny ones, some with scars and markings, tall ones, short ones, he had them all. But the pride and joy of his collection were the miniatures. The ones they called children. Rows and rows of cases containing these miniatures covered almost half of the room. Rubbing his hands with glee, the Major pressed the button to open the door. Let the bidding begin!

Happy Halloween, hope you guys like it because I'm feeling just a bit intimidated by the talent here.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Cool WW. I loved it.

Now im off to collect my own pesky brats.

mojo.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
thanks mojo, i'm just back from taking my boys around the neighborhood, announcement coming soon

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, I loved it! That was amazing!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
thanks Access

I enjoyed all your entries.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
WOW WOW WOW

That was short but with such impact. VERY impressive WW. Very!!

I bow before you in awe hehehe... Now if i can only find that button to award you 500,000 points - it IS a winner

Honestly, I loved it!!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
thanks shearder, I'm sure I could have embellished the story more, but it came to me so quickly and suddenly that I committed it to the written word and just stopped there. Upon retrospect, I think I could have taken the story to a different place and made it even more horrific..
...maybe next time

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh No! Remember anything you can imagine could be a possibility in an alternate Universe? I will tell you even with as tired as I am tonight, that was captivating and unpredictable, loved it, thank you.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I have to agree that this story could have been taken to some major places in the mind. It can be moulded into some very freaky sci-fi thriller!

Well, i think you need to make some time LOL and embellish just a LITTLEEEEEE ...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
thanks antar.

shearder, maybe I will work on it and post it for next halloween.

top topics

join