It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEEDED: everyones theories, beliefs, facts on the bible...post here

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
let your conscience be your guide, do it your way, & last of all, don't complain about the results! i always thought "get the beam out of your eye" was a good one to go by. it was said by one of the apostles of chist that he said so much that if put into text it would reach the heavens when stacked up, but why not just go to the core...do unto others as you'd have it done unto you! how could we express our gratitude for life any better; what else really could matter in paridise???

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Numbers are used repeatedly throughout the Bible and each has a spiritual meaning. For instance, 40 is the number for testing, 10 is the number for law and human government, 12 is the number for God's people, 6 is the number of man, 7 is the number for divine perfection, etc.
I have a hard time believing the dozens of authors over the centuries knew this system (and some even writing books at the same time unaware of each other) all had knowledge of what others were doing. Once you examine the text, 10 is always shown in relation to government, 7 is always shown in relation to divine perfection, 12 is always shown in relation to God's people, etc. Just one of the many pieces of evidence I took into consideration before becoming a Christian.

I have heard of numbers being used for things like this. But I have also heard of numbers being used in the Davinci codes and what not. Honestly, I don’t know enough about it to make an argument. But to say they all have “spiritual significance” seems a bit of a stretch to me. Also, if these coincidences were of some significance I would think they would be preached more during church and known more widely.

The foreshadowing of the laws, rituals, and feasts in relation to Jesus also blows my mind.

If you are talking about the Jews prophesizing the Messiah....aren’t they still waiting?

Remember, no one has ever seen God in His divine form. So, this is only speculation on my part. I do not believe God has genitalia as I do not believe He is either gender physically. He has a mouth because He talks and there is food in Heaven (for enjoyment- not survival), arms to hold us in Heaven, eyes to see, etc. He probably doesn't have a digestive system, though. Maybe not even internal organs. Again, just speculation on my part. It's not like God is a big blob or light beam just because He doesn't need anything else.
But the "in His image" is actually a rather unique description, though, compared to so many other religions that saw their gods in a variety of shapes including animals, animal-human hybrids, and even abstract shapes or like orbs. God says He looks like us.

See, this is where creationists and Christianity/ Judaism will always loose the people with an objective mind and a rational mentality. Like you said “No one has ever seen God.” So to say he LITERALLY has arms and legs and a mouth comes off as a little naïve. It seems because you do not know what ‘God’ looks like you are quick to put an image on ‘him’ and personify the whole idea. Maybe this is because there is an element of fear. Fear of the unknown? This is a reasonable perception, but in my opinion a naïve one. If this were true it seems a reasonable question would be to ask...what color is God? Seems like an odd question to ask of an omnipotent being.... don’t ya think?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

No. 100% Immortal and infinite. No beginning, no end. He is not governed by the rules of this material realm where everything has beginnings and ends. He is in the spiritual realm. This dimension is not His primary dimension.

now here’s something we agree on...except for the ‘he’ part...lol

has traced all six billion people back to two through mitochondrial DNA and chromosomes in what their science has deemed "Mitochondrial Eve" and "Y Chromosomal Adam." Every human alive today (all six billion of us) has these folks as a common ancestor according to evolution. Although they say it is not evidence of a bottleneck and that they lived at separate times, I always found that tidbit interesting.

can you source this info? I did a quick wikipedia search and couldn’t find it.

Nope. In my 20's and kicked out of two colleges for bad behavior. lol But even if I was 80 and had three PhD's, please don't ever be scared to ask me questions.

Not scared at all. In fact, I enjoy reading your posts no matter how faith driven your replies are! And at least you can say you are a well read Fundamentalist. Most of the people I ask questions to about the Bible just say “its in the Bible, of course it is true!” or “because God wrote the Bible, so it must be true! It must have happened that way!”
At least you try to give credence to your claims. And I am under 25 myself. But never been to college, as I’m sure you can tell.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The Hebrew Law had not yet been created so incest was not forbidden.

This is completely irrelevant. Law or no law, incest is one of those things that seems to be wrong at a deeper level, at least in my opinion.

Also, the effects of sin and the fall had not taken a complete toll on our bodies (things did not start to decline heavily until after the flood) so it was not taboo nor would it have caused birth defects.

Only speculation. This is where your faith takes over your rational. I would recommend taking a second look at this part of your beliefs, and maybe looking at it a little more objectively.

But essentially, Noah's grandchildren would have been mating with their cousins and not necessarily siblings. Sounds sick to us but again, no law and no harmful genetic effects at this point. It wasn't a social or legal taboo.

So what changed, after the flood, that brings a plethora of genetic defect with incest?

Although it is vague, the Bible does reference some genetic mutations as well as genetic degeneration.

Ok. So who do these genetic mutations apply to? And what would they concist of? I think this territory should be treaded on carefully. Again, I would take a step back and look from a different perspective at some of the things you are saying.

It would be like asking why do some people have big noses, thin hips, and wavy hair.

Maybe this is your opinion, but I don’t see comparing a black man to a Chinese man as the same as a difference in large noses and thin lips. Sorry, they are not even close to comparable.

Then who made the aliens? All it does is shift the problem of the existence of one set of finite beings onto other finite beings. How did the original finite being come to be? And if you want to know "then who made God," just check out the link I put earlier in this comment.

Like I said before, I am agnostic. And in no way do I see the Bible even begin to answer all those questions.

No! LOL! It's a common misconception. The pope is head of the Catholic church- not Christianity. There are over one billion Christians not associated with Catholicism, the pope, or Vatican. Including myself. We pay them hardly any attention.

I think you misread what I wrote. I said the Pope is the head of the Catholic church. And he is looked at as the head of ALL of Christianity. Why? Because there are more Catholics than any other form of Christianity. And... it was the first form of Christianity. I believe Paul was the first Pope in like 40 ad?..or something? And if you think there are 1 billion Christian that ignore the Pope you are diluting yourself into believing what you want and not what Christianity has laid in front of you. I could care less what you believe of him, but the rest of the world looks at him as the head of the Christian faith. And I think you know that.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Because even though we started out as one true religion, paganism started to seep back in after the flood. Abraham and his clan were some of the last righteous people still adhering to God. There's some other reasons, too, but my memory is going since it is so late at night.

Again, according to the Bible. Can you give one shred of archaeological evidence that Abraham existed the way the Bible says he did? Seems kind of odd there is none for someone so important in the Judaic/Christian religion.

There is an interesting movie you should watch. I know you will dislike it, but I found it interesting. It is very long and I actually have not had the time to watch the whole thing myself, but I would like to see you try and debunk it. Just to clarify, I don’t believe everything that is presented, but they do seem to piece together some interesting pieces of a seemingly large puzzle.

If my memory serves me correctly, Palestine was not a sovereign state like America, England, etc. It was international territory under the control of Turkey and Britian. Not an independant country known as Palestine. The Jews, through the Balfour Declaration, were granted the land in 1917 after a Jewish Scientist sold some of his research to the British government. Instead of asking for monetary compensation, he asked if the international territory could be returned to the Jews after it was taken by the Romans previously.

Wow. And this makes a difference how? In my opinion it is ludicrous to insinuate it is completely ok to just dismantle a society where millions of people and many generations have lived and grown together and just hand it over to someone else. This is where obvious conspiracy takes place. To condone it seems to me a direct contradiction to your religion and I hope you would consider the golden rule before you make that statement again.

I'm very pro-Jewish so you can say I'm biased but if Israel needs to give the land back after obtaining it through treaties, land purchases, international agreements, and battles, then we as Americans need to pack up our bags and head back to Europe, Asia, and Africa and give the land back to the Natives because we, too, obtained America through treaties, land purchases, international agreements, and battles.

This is utterly ridiculous. First. The Indians were systematically slaughtered. And I disagree with the way the whole conquering of America happened. But the Europeans had superior technology and know how to defeat a people in their own land. If the Jews had assembled an army and taken back “their” land by their own might (which they did anyway, with the help of America technology and weaponry I believe in the late 60’s) then so be it. Second. That is not the way it happened. The powers that are knowingly fulfilled prophecy and intentionally removed the Palestinians from the land THEY were raised and born in. Just a sad case. Even more sad is people can’t see beyond the holocaust and recognize what was going on right before their eyes.

And let me set the record straight. If the Jews had 6 million people slaughtered (if that is an accurate number, which in many cases it is very debatable) then there could have been many ways to compensate for their losses and suffering besides the automatic gift of “Holy Land.” And it would have my full unconditional support.

But my favorite: Israel also had to be declared a nation in one day (it was) and the return of Israel as a sovereign nation was prophesied in the Bible to the very year, 1948. This happened and is also something they could not control.

Easily controllable...IF (capitalized IF because it is, after all, a conspiracy theory) this was the culmination of an agenda. And, there is evidence out there to support it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Semites are the descendants of Noah's son, Shem. Shemites -> Semites.
[/quote]
Wait. I thought we we’re ALL descendants of Noah?

Like I implied before, I appreciate your posts. They seem to be intelligent and are easily readable, but again, when logic is applied and objective thinking is brought to the table, the Bibles flaws in its belief system glow. There are many unanswered questions out there, and it is ok not to know the answer to them. You don’t have to look up to see what the Bible or any other book tells you. If the universe is governed by logic, then not only Christianity, but religion as a whole doesn’t fit in. There is a link to a thread here that kind of gets at what I personally believe to be true. I don’t know how to post it or I would. If I find the Url or figure out how to post a link then I will post it here.

Oh..that movie is called ring of power...i think it is even on ats in the user video section..

[edit on 9/16/07 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
But to say they all have “spiritual significance” seems a bit of a stretch to me. Also, if these coincidences were of some significance I would think they would be preached more during church and known more widely.

Churches don't preach a lot of things that should be preached. Fortunately, I attended a church that focused much on apologetics, the study of evidence concerning Christianity. The symbolism of things in the Bible being one of them. Many churches also ignore prophecy, the Second coming, apologetics, and many other things that should help people know why they believe. Instead, modern sermons simply consist of telling people what to believe and not why to believe.

If you are talking about the Jews prophesizing the Messiah....aren’t they still waiting?

Yes they are. But see: The Messianic Prophecies. The main reason the Jews of Jesus' day rejected Jesus is because the Messianic prophecies told of two comings: One a suffering servant and another one of glory and authority. They were expecting a glorious king the first time around who would overthrow the Romans- not be killed by the Romans. Christians believe the first time it was supposed to be as a suffering servant (this happened) and at the Second Coming is when He will fulfill the "king" prophecies. We get this because this is how it is explained in the New Testament. But it is prophesied that the Jews will accept Jesus as the true Messiah so God has not "given up on them" like many Christians like to claim.

Like you said “No one has ever seen God.” So to say he LITERALLY has arms and legs and a mouth comes off as a little naïve. It seems because you do not know what ‘God’ looks like you are quick to put an image on ‘him’ and personify the whole idea.

We can logically deduce this, though, with the Heavenly descriptions of Jesus after His resurrection and ascension. Not to mention His transfiguration when He shows the apostles His "glorious form."

now here’s something we agree on...except for the ‘he’ part...lol

No, we can agree on that, too. I don't necessarily think that God is a "He," either. Not that He is androgynous or hermaphroditic but that "He" has both masculine and feminine traits of protector and nurturer, disciplinarian and mercy, strength and gentleness, etc.

can you source this info? I did a quick wikipedia search and couldn’t find it.

Here is a really even exploration of Mitochondrial Eve: CLICK HERE. The author admits what I said: It doesn't prove the Biblical account but it doesn't conflict with it either.

This is completely irrelevant. Law or no law, incest is one of those things that seems to be wrong at a deeper level, at least in my opinion.

See, not really. In our time, it makes us want to puke and rightfully so. But look at some societies in the world today where boys and girls are getting married at the ages or 10 or 12. It's shocking to us because our society says it is shocking. For societies that marry older, our "adult" age of 18 is shocking for them. So many things of this nature are a cultural thing (and yes, I know ages of adulthood have little in common with incest). I'm trying to make the point that cultures differ. Again, the genetic defects had still not surfaced from this and incest wasn't taboo or vomit-inducing like it is for us today.

Only speculation. This is where your faith takes over your rational. I would recommend taking a second look at this part of your beliefs, and maybe looking at it a little more objectively.

Again, not really. Secular modern science has proven the law of degeneration both through physics and genetic biology. It has proven this "dimension" is in a constant state of entropy and when you have two genes from the parents, almost certainly the superior recessive gene is canceled out for the inferior dominant gene. So, this matches what we are told in the Bible. I assure you, I have taken all of this into consideration rationally. If this was irrational to my very logical mind, I would not be a Christian today. I researched everything intensely before it became part of my "belief database." Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for many Christians.

And he is looked at as the head of ALL of Christianity. Why? Because there are more Catholics than any other form of Christianity. And... it was the first form of Christianity. I believe Paul was the first Pope in like 40 ad?..or something?

No! lol Another common misconception. Contrary to what Catholics like to claim, they were not the "first" but have declared themselves to be "the first" and claim Peter (not Paul) as the first "pope" even though the office did not even exist at his time. Their church became dominant because Constantine declared it dominant. However, the "Jesus movement" and Christianity was well under way before a government-sanctioned official church was created. All Christians, unfortunately, were forced to join this "church system." Look through history- there were still many Christians who refused to be a part of their corruption. Sadly, many were even killed because they refused to assimilate into the man made system.

Can you give one shred of archaeological evidence that Abraham existed the way the Bible says he did? Seems kind of odd there is none for someone so important in the Judaic/Christian religion.

Well, some claim the bones in Israel are his, as well as the other patriarchs and matriarchs. I remain skeptical but there is actually a "tomb of the patriarchs" in Jerusalem and it is a major tourist attraction. But I remain skeptical until they allow us to examine the bodies with science to examine their DNA and carbon dating. See: The cave of the Patriarchs in Israel.

There is an interesting movie you should watch...

What movie? And please don't tell me Zeitgeist (just assuming). It has been thoroughly debunked. lol

Wow. And this makes a difference how? In my opinion it is ludicrous to insinuate it is completely ok to just dismantle a society where millions of people and many generations have lived and grown together and just hand it over to someone else.

But you see, that is not how it went. The Balfour declaration mandated that both Palestinians and Jews live in the land. Not that the Palestinians had to leave. As to what changed and why, I do not know. But that is not how it originally occurred.

First. The Indians were systematically slaughtered. And I disagree with the way the whole conquering of America happened...

That is exactly what I'm trying to tell you. lol The way America came about was far more terrible and filled with many more atrocities than Israel's rebirth. So, if Israel has to go, we should too because "we" (as in our ancestor) went about it far more terribly.

Wait. I thought we we’re ALL descendants of Noah?

We are. From Ham (the Hammites), Japeth (Japhethites), and Shem (Semites). Genesis 10 explains the "table of nations" and where these "forefathers" settled. Semites are only one group.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What movie? And please don't tell me Zeitgeist (just assuming). It has been thoroughly debunked. lol

no. no. not zeitgeist or however you spell it. I haven't watched that one thoroughly. Though I do know that they try to compare the story of Jesus with the story of horus. I don't believe that particular case to be accurate, but I do know there are similarities in other religions' "messiah" and that of Jesus. Anyway the movie is called "Ring of Power." I forgot to put the name in there when I was writing about it
. Gettin old at the ripe age of 23 I guess?

Anyway, it is like over 5 hours long. I have watched like 2/3rds of it. They drag it out a little by mixing in their opinions and a little comedy. And it pushes its views by assuming some things I think. But overall a well summed up overview of what may be actually going on. And they have a very interesting view of Jesus that probably can be debunked easily, but I have not had the time to really look into it. So, I will leave that to you!..lol

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Anyway, it is like over 5 hours long... And they have a very interesting view of Jesus that probably can be debunked easily, but I have not had the time to really look into it. So, I will leave that to you!..lol

Not to be lazy but I hate, as in hate, watching videos, T.V., and movies. Could you sum up what they claim about Jesus for me? Not that I am being closed minded or sticking my fingers in my ears while screaming La La La so I don't hear any opposing views. It's that I don't have the patience to watch a 5 hour polemic. lol Sum it up for me and I will give you honest answers from what I know.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I could do that, but it will be a while before I could get into the specifics of what they said. I don't blame you for not wanting to watch it, but it is more about the whole picture than just Jesus.

I do remember them citing similarities between Ceasarian (Julius Caesar and Cleopatras offspring) and Jesus. I did a quick wikipedia search and din't find much in support of their claims, but that kinda sidetracks the point they are making anyway.
The other connections that they made strongly, in my opinion, were that of the Hebrew pharoahs of Ancient Egypt and Moses. And a continuing Hebrew connection with the Vikings all the way to the Royal Crown. They connect a lot of dots and have not heard of any debunking of these connections. So I guess you would have to watch it to give a crack at it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
S.O.S I'am a Human being, my home is called Earth its located in a small solar system on the out skirts of the Milky Way Galaxy. My family, the Human species, is dieing from a disease that at the moment seems incurable. The main symptom's of this powerful disease, FEAR, the rejection of unconditional love, disconnect from one another, disconnect from the Earth, and the lack of respect for the Universe. We are divided and at war with one another, each believeing they are right and the other is wrong, refusing to accept that, we may all be wrong. This disease that plagues my family is so strong, that we have forgotten that we are in fact, family. Being at war with one another should be proof alone that something is seriously wrong, but the disease has clouded our judgement to the point where we simply can not see. We claim to be everything but our selves, and refuse to except the fact that we are sick. When treatment is offered we decline it, and kill that which has tryed to administer the cure. Even though our world is dieing, we refuse to change. If any one can here my call please help!!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Instead, modern sermons simply consist of telling people what to believe and not why to believe.

And this is the exact reason why A LOT of people do not like religion, including myself.

Yes they are. But see: The Messianic Prophecies. The main reason the Jews of Jesus' day rejected Jesus is because the Messianic prophecies told of two comings: One a suffering servant and another one of glory and authority. They were expecting a glorious king the first time around who would overthrow the Romans- not be killed by the Romans. Christians believe the first time it was supposed to be as a suffering servant (this happened) and at the Second Coming is when He will fulfill the "king" prophecies. We get this because this is how it is explained in the New Testament. But it is prophesied that the Jews will accept Jesus as the true Messiah so God has not "given up on them" like many Christians like to claim.

When I was Christian I never even heard of what you said here, and I went to a Christian school from kindergarden through high school (about the order of the messianic prophecies). And why exactly would Christianity contradict Judaism? Christianity is Judaism except of course Christians believe in Jesus Christ and all the new testament.

We can logically deduce this, though, with the Heavenly descriptions of Jesus after His resurrection and ascension. Not to mention His transfiguration when He shows the apostles His "glorious form.

Sorry. Your logic stems from Bible verses and a written description from an imperfect translation of a story that may or may not have taken place. My logic is impartial to what I think. (I know splitting hairs of sorts, but still) And actually, I would like to think of a Savior that was sent here to die on the cross for our sins, but it just does not add up when things are broken down, unfortunately.

So many things of this nature are a cultural thing (and yes, I know ages of adulthood have little in common with incest). I'm trying to make the point that cultures differ. Again, the genetic defects had still not surfaced from this and incest wasn't taboo or vomit-inducing like it is for us today.

I completely understood that from the start. But, you are taking a contradiction and turning it to support your beliefs. Remember. God is all knowing (in your belief system) and all wise. So why would he up and change his mind about incest? If incest is ok then, don't you think it should be ok now? I would be interested in knowing what the Jewish law says about it. The thing is, if 6 billion people stemed from 2...or even 8 there was a lot of it going on.

It has proven this "dimension" is in a constant state of entropy

I don't understand your reference to "this dimension." But I do understand the dominant gene theory. This doesn't explain how other races came to be. It does not back up that claim at all I am afraid. To put it into perspective. No matter how many members an incestuous family of white people have they will never result in a black child. And if you look at that time table that you mentioned earlier... there is no way ALL the changes of the human form, culture and (not to mention) religious beliefs and all the migrating that would have had to take place could have taken place in 6 thousand years. Literally impossible.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Contrary to what Catholics like to claim, they were not the "first" but have declared themselves to be "the first" and claim Peter (not Paul) as the first "pope"

Well, wait a sec. was Peter one of the twelve apostles or not? If he was that means he walked with Jesus at the time when Christianity was at its grass roots, therefore, making it the first "official" Christian Church when Constantine made it so. There may very well have been other beliefs or inconstistancies in belief in the beginning, but I don't see how you can argue that the Catholic church was not the first.

Well, some claim the bones in Israel are his, as well as the other patriarchs and matriarchs. I remain skeptical but there is actually a "tomb of the patriarchs" in Jerusalem and it is a major tourist attraction. But I remain skeptical until they allow us to examine the bodies with science to examine their DNA and carbon dating. See: The cave of the Patriarchs in Israel.

ok. I am happy to see that even you, a die hard "bible thumper" can not provide much evidence in the way Abraham and/or Moses is portrayed in the Bible. I am not saying they did not exist, but it is possible they did not exist in the way the Bible portrays them. It seems odd to me the way God favors the Hebrew people so much over EVERYONE else in the ancient world. This plays into the theory from that ring of powers movie I have watched.

Oh and getting back to the whole thing about the world being populated by 8 people...there is A MASSIVE amount of evidence that there were Homo Sapiens far far before 6 thousand years ago when the great flood took place.

Anywho, its too late for all this serious religious stuff. There are too many threads about creatures from other planets that are in dire need of some serious seriousness and logical aptitudeness that are awaiting my attention. Actually I believe if you can, by some chance, get to the bottom of any of this you will find the answer to all of it! Anyway here's to denying ignorance and the search for truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
S.O.S I'am a Human being, my home is called Earth its located in a small solar system on the out skirts of the Milky Way Galaxy. My family, the Human species, is dieing from a disease that at the moment seems incurable. The main symptom's of this powerful disease, FEAR, the rejection of unconditional love, disconnect from one another, disconnect from the Earth, and the lack of respect for the Universe. We are divided and at war with one another, each believeing they are right and the other is wrong, refusing to accept that, we may all be wrong. This disease that plagues my family is so strong, that we have forgotten that we are in fact, family. Being at war with one another should be proof alone that something is seriously wrong, but the disease has clouded our judgement to the point where we simply can not see. We claim to be everything but our selves, and refuse to except the fact that we are sick. When treatment is offered we decline it, and kill that which has tryed to administer the cure. Even though our world is dieing, we refuse to change. If any one can here my call please help!!!!!

Nope,, sorry,, after reading that post,, the prognosis is terminal.

Here is why.

we refuse to change

Next?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I could never go to church with ashleyD,,

Dinner would be ok,, I could hit on her sexular ,,err I mean secular side

I love when you talk religion babe lol.

- Love Con

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

If this were true it seems a reasonable question would be to ask...what color is God? Seems like an odd question to ask of an omnipotent being.... don’t ya think?

See, this is where creationists and Christianity/ Judaism will always loose the people with an objective mind and a rational mentality.

You mean,,, of course,, someone like,,

YOU

Little disingenuous of you isn't it? I mean to lump all of us together as if there are no "objective" "rational" thinking Christians.

Like you said “No one has ever seen God.” So to say he LITERALLY has arms and legs and a mouth comes off as a little naive.

We are created in his "likeness" some interpret that in ways of personality ie; if we have an emotion called love, it is because we are in his likeness or because he does. Then still others take that to mean "Visage" . It's majoring in minors however when you have to split hairs over things the bible assumes you would have the common sense to know. Then again that is where "Faith" comes in. You see we ALL have faith in things and usually it's predicated on history or a series of consistent events that one can have faith, they will happen again. Like Old Faithful of Yellowstone fame. That kind of faith is what People like ashleyD can rely on because faith doesn't diminish ones intellectual understanding of God,, it enhances it. She knows if God says it she can have faith in what he says and will find it is more reliable to have faith in what God says then to accept the unsupported opinion of someone suggesting she is Naive.

Your assertion she is naive suggests YOU are not and that YOU know something about God that she is to naive to know.

That is just one of my pet peeves about this post in that you misrepresent her by manufacturing conflicting contextual arguments then "as if she actually said these things you exploit her logical fallacies as if she owned them.

It seems because you do not know what ‘God’ looks like you are quick to put an image on ‘him’ and personify the whole idea.

Did you actually think she could pick him out of a line up? You say she is quick to put an image on him when just before this sentence you suggest how naive it is for anyone to suggest he has arms legs and a mouth, which by the way,,she never said, you did, then accused her for being naive for that reason.

Maybe this is because there is an element of fear. Fear of the unknown? This is a reasonable perception, but in my opinion a naive one.

Perhaps but so far this is all you talking and then suggesting your own solutions to postulates you formulated,, Not Ash. You call it a "reasonable perception but again you must see that you are talking to yourself here when agreeing to the reasonable even though your Sybil other person labels it yet one more time,, as "Naive"

what color is God? Seems like an odd question to ask of an omnipotent being.... don’t ya think?

Yes I agree,, it would be wiser to ask to get to know him.

Seems a lot of the rest of the questions get answered better that way.
I see so many make this same argument about "fear" yet they won't come as a child to know god the only way he gives for those seeking him.

Then they call us afraid or without proof lol.

It's as if they think we all believe in something we KNOW doesn't exist when the FACT is WE KNOW God exists and Humanists claim he doesn't.

That we have to see him to prove him.

You know why I believe AsleyD knows GOD?

Because she wanted to

she asked

- Con

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
First of all, Thanks Con.

reply to post by abelievingskeptic

And this is the exact reason why A LOT of people do not like religion, including myself.

I don't like religion either. In fact, many Christians don't. Which is why they are not a part of any official church but instead focus on a personal relationship with God and His Word.

When I was Christian I never even heard of what you said here...
And why exactly would Christianity contradict Judaism?

That is really sad. Not a blow against you but whatever church you attended at one time. The Messianic prophecies are extremely well known and fascinating. Also, Christianity does not contradict Judaism. It is a fulfillment of Judaism. In fact, we were all called "Jews" in the beginning before the term "Christian" became popularized. We were simply Gentile converts who accepted the Jewish Messiah according to the Jewish prophecies. That made us Jews, albeit not Orthodox Jewish law abiding Jews.

But, you are taking a contradiction and turning it to support your beliefs. Remember. God is all knowing (in your belief system) and all wise. So why would he up and change his mind about incest?

The fact that it had now become harmful through the degeneration of sin and human genetics whereas it was not before.

I don't understand your reference to "this dimension."

This material "realm" and life. Our finite universe, planet, and existence. This physical "dimension" verses the spiritual "dimension." I hate using such terminology but that is pretty much what it comes down to. We are governed by physics and entropy. The spirit "realm" is not.

there is no way ALL the changes of the human form, culture and (not to mention) religious beliefs and all the migrating that would have had to take place could have taken place in 6 thousand years.

For one, I'm not a YEC. I could be wrong but the 6,000 year old earth theory is just one man's opinion who did the math and jumped to a lot of conclusions.

was Peter one of the twelve apostles or not? If he was that means he walked with Jesus at the time when Christianity was at its grass roots, therefore, making it the first "official" Christian Church when Constantine made it so.

Exactly my point. He was made pope in hindsight. There was no such position as "pope" in Peter's lifetime.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Oh and getting back to the whole thing about the world being populated by 8 people...there is A MASSIVE amount of evidence that there were Homo Sapiens far far before 6 thousand years ago when the great flood took place.

Indeed, for hundreds of thousands of years. Why just recently a kettle was found some one thousand feet or so deep in a mine in the layers of dirt and rock...they figure it may be something like 250,000 years to a million years old...sweetness, human kind has been on this rock for a very very very long time...a few thousand to 4 or 5 thousand years as to the mythology and biblical folklore ain't nothin' in Southern speak!

There's so many holes in Christianity that thank god it's not a boat and we are all out to sea, else...guess what? we all gonna die!!!!

[edit on 3-2-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi,
I think that the old testament is ignored because people don't like what is said. Today people just like to hear things like, God wants you to be blessed and rich, and anything that conflicts with that is ignored or written off.

The facts are that the Bible is a book of prophecy and much of it is yet to be fulfilled. The Book of Revelation is a summation of the events to happen, but they are also spoken of in many of the Old Testament chapters. People use to be aware of these things, but what's happened is the churches have now signed agreements with the government to be tax exempt organizations, which means they are businesses although nonprofit. God says to be separate from the world and bringing in any type of commerce is an abomination to Him, as He knew that the focus and worship would switch from Him to money and finances. As a result of that agreement, the government also reserves the right to control what's preached in the pulpits. Ministers are more concerned with drawing a large membership, selling books, etc., having their own "charismatic" personalities worshiped, keeping people happy with soft words, and looking good to the world and conducting themselves as business men, instead of being separate from the world and preaching the true Word of God.

Unfortunately, the end times will catch them unaware, or they will just assume they'll be the ones to be raptured, false doctrines in all.

AnaA

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by time4chg07

www.yahweh.com

The House of Yahweh, in the section for their published Booklets, you can find most of the answers you want. The origin of the Bible? 2 Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

If you really don't understand the origin of the Bible try researching the fulfilled prophecies and then compare those to those predicted by 'prophets' not in the Bible.

The U.N. Sanctions on Middle-East countries prohibiting trading is a direct fulfillment of Rev. 13:17 that they may not buy or sell unless they accept democracy. Democracy=mark of the Beast because it's a government of the people, buy the people, and for the uplifting of Satan - there is no room for Yahweh's Law

www.yahweh.com

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join