It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two cops shot in 12 hours in Philadelphia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Two cops shot in 12 hours in Philadelphia

www.cnn.com

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A police officer was shot in the head at a Dunkin' Donuts shop Wednesday morning, a day after another officer was shot in the shoulder during a chase.

The officer injured in Wednesday morning's shooting was taken to a hospital, but his condition was not immediately known, according to Officer Raul Malveiro, a police spokesman.

Police did not know whether the suspect fled in a vehicle or on foot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is there a serial killer targeting cops in Philadelphia now? Maybe the cases aren't related but this latest one is clearly a case of cold blooded (attempted) murder -- the perp apparently walked up and shot the guy while he was eating his doughnut.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/31/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am sure they will place a memorial to the cop at the Donut shop..probable was where the cop spent most of his paid time when we wasn't harrassing minorities and busting kids for pot. I don't shed any tears for cops: they shed none for us when they murder US and abuse US and falsely arrest US and illegally search US..they get paid to take chances just like a soldier. We don't get all worked up every day when the latest deaths from Iraq come in..unless you are related to them..

We need to stop deifying the cops and realize that they will get their just desserts at some point : If you add up all of the innocent civilians murdered by cops in a year, it is a staggering number. The number of cops killed is nowhere near the number of US killed by out of control cops, so when the playing field is level I will start to look at it; until then those cops probably abused many people in their lives, and lied on the stand hundreds of times, and flasely arrested many people..maybe killed some.

If the cops cannot stand the heat, let them get an honest job flipping burgers or washing cars: With their mentality they are good for nothing else. Too bad too sad..Two less jerks to deal with.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here's the craziest part about that Killadelphia article:

The gunman in that shooting apparently jumped into the Schuylkill River, where searchers later recovered a body. Police said Wednesday morning that they had not determined if it was the suspect's body.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well violence against anyone is not cool and even though I sort of hate the police I know this will only mean more harm comes to civillians. Now these cops buddies will have an even meaner attitude and I suspect will think even less of the people they are supposed to serve. Tit for tat violence is never good for any problem but and I am not advocating this, if lots more police were targeted then maybe the overall problem would be adressed. IMO the #1 problem with police is they are trained to be thugs and not police.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
DJ conSidering the amount of guns in circulation in the US i'm suprised that the figure is not much higher especially given the attitude and tactics of said police.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Any moron who dares to condemn cops after an incident like this should be ashamed of himself. Yes, there are police officers who abuse their power. The police force is not a robotic entity - they can't be sure that 100% of the people joining are going to be stand-up individuals, but at least they try. Yes, there are going to be bad apples that abuse their power, but does that mean you have to hate every single police officer in the force? I know plenty of people in the force, and they're good, honest, hard working people who really want to make a difference in the world. This was a terrible act of violence committed against two individuals sworn to protect the citizens of this country. We don't know if this was "one of those" police officers, and more than likely he was not.

eyewitness86,

I have absolutely no respect for you after that comment. I know that this will more than likely land me in trouble, but anybody who would make comments like that after a man was murdered is the scum of the earth in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
justice has long been dead in my opinion thats why everyone is so worried about a police state, i dont condone killing but i dont like the police either

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Wow. Unbelievable. This post actually disgusts me. I have a number of VERY close friends (and family) who are cops. They are very good people and have never killed anyone (but have been shot at) or are NOTHING what you have just spewed. I support cops, but I would never support anyone like you who is so filled with hatred towards others.

You have no idea what kind of people those 2 men were. Yet your hate unjustly judges them and applauds their killings. You are no better then the bad apples that infiltrate any part of society....including law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Take an Alka Seltzer and get a box of Kleenex and weep your little heart out if you want to..I have a right to my opinion and have not denigrated anyone else for theirs. You are calling me names...sticks and stones..nonsense.

I have no sympathy for them as they have no sympathy for us..we are pieces of meat to them..victims..at the best just civilians..so the fact that them getting evened up doesn't bother me is a feeling shared by many, believe me. Sure, there are a FEW decent cops..very few, the rest will kill you and lie about it do go preach to the choir.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

I have no sympathy for them as they have no sympathy for us..we are pieces of meat to them..victims..at the best just civilians..so the fact that them getting evened up doesn't bother me is a feeling shared by many, believe me. Sure, there are a FEW decent cops..very few, the rest will kill you and lie about it do go preach to the choir.

Typical "us, them" mentality, bigot.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
When you sleep at night, and the crackheads do not break in, it is the police keeping you safe. You that state the police will get their jsut desserts need to walk a minute in their shoes and get out of the recliner you wimpy bastards. I am sure that those who are condemning the police also wear Che gueverra t-shirts and think Ron Paul is the best candidate for our future.

Anyone killed in cold blood is a victim, whether it is a 15 year veteran cop or an innocent 9 year old bystander.

There are bad teachers, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, It professionals, etc in the world, it is not only the police. If you are ever in a situation where the persons is in authority, don't act all Malcolm X or you will, YOU WILL, get the short end of the stick. Common freakin sense.

Tale that box of tissues and stick them in your ass so maybe you can dry the part of your brain that resides there and you can go on blaming all of your problems and the people sworn to protect you.

To be honest, you sound like one of those with some kind of complex that would eventually become one of those bad cops you describe because you have no friends and you want some power.

You my friend are the reason that the US is taking a quick ride down the #slide to insanity. Peace this....

[edit on 31-10-2007 by esdad71]

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
cops can be prix but at the same time they can be decent people.
I can think of 4 or 5 specific events where a policeman has let me off with a warning and some advice, rather than pull out the tickets.
At the same time though, I can think of a specific few times when the policeman has given me a ticket and a stirn dressing down, when a warning would of been adequet.
Regardless,

this man has a mother, a father, possibly a family of his own.. friends.. .colleagues...

for you to focus on your 'beef' with completely different cops is shocking, especially when so many people are suffering because of this absolute scum piece of............

Here's hoping eyewitness you end up cornered in some dark alley with a posse of homee's staring down yo' punk face ready to throw some smackdown on you.

Bet you'll be feeling differently about cops then huh

apc

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Officer shot attempting to secure pastries

That's too funny.

All the shootings look unrelated. I always find it amusing when a cop is killed and the police go no holds barred after the perp. Seems the victim's employment matters.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I have reported to the Mods this outrageous personal attack on me. I have a right to an opinion the same as you do..but you have taken it too far now. If you cannot respond without personal attacks and vile language, maybe you should resign from ATS and find an outlet for your immaturity elsewhere..I will be suprised if your post remains more than another hour or two.

No one insulted you over this matter, so you are not justified in attacking me personally.

Crackheads are NOT being kept away from me by cops..they are eating donuts and abusing teens..My AutoMag .44 keeps me safe,,thank you. Cops get called AFTER the real hassles to write reports and then go back to the donut shops..so quit making them out to be some kind of heroes..they are not.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

" Here's hoping " that the Mods warn you or suspend you just like your compatriots who make personal attacks and ' hope ' for violence to be done to other members..play nice or go home.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
doesn't it make a change from reading a headline:

person dies from being tasered?

Anyhow, it is terrible for the police to get shot whilst doing their job. Who knows really though, perhaps they were crooked cops who were doing drugs while on the beat?

Perhaps they were good cops killed by bad cops?

We will never know really find out.
Perhaps they had uncovered some inside corruption and were killed because they were going to blab.

This could be not just your run of the mill cop killing, it could be a real conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Howdy folks.

Just wanted to remind y'all that we here at ATS don't enjoy reading one member's wishes of harm or danger for another member. From this point on, you shall all refrain from wishing harm to other members or their families. If you cannot find a way to get your point across without adding the raped mother or dark alley smackdown scenario, don't post.

Plain and simple.

Thanks you.

Now, back to the discussion of two cops shot in 12 hours in Philly.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just heard on CNN that the officer shot in the head has died. The manhunt continues. There was also mention of 3 shootings in 4 days. Sounds as though a third officer has been shoot.

Story Link

Map Link

Edit: The map shows an officer wounded on the 28th. The others were 30th and 31st.
[edit on 11/1/2007 by roadgravel]

[edit on 11/1/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I always find it amusing when a cop is killed and the police go no holds barred after the perp. Seems the victim's employment matters.

Of course it does, killing police officers is something that they want to make very clear will likely result in your death, either on the street or in death row, best case scenario, life without parole. I personally see no problem with this policy. I live close to Philly and remember a few years ago a good section of the city was on lockdown when police were going street to street looking for a suspect on the run who had shot a police officer the day before. Everyone was told to stay inside and lock their doors, eventually the guy was caught but not before getting shot twice, he managed to survive. If the body in question is not his you can expect a similar search to be conducted. As for violence in "Killadelphia", it really depends on where you live, some neighborhoods you will rarely see a police car and never have any problems, others it's like a war zone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join