It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemicals Flow Unchecked From China to Drug Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Chemicals Flow Unchecked From China to Drug Market

www.nytimes.com

Other Chinese chemical companies made the journey to the annual show as well, including one manufacturer recently accused by American authorities of supplying steroids to illegal underground labs and another whose representative was arrested at the 2006 trade show for patent violations. Also attending were two exporters owned by China’s government that had sold poison mislabeled as a drug ingredient, which killed nearly 200 people and injured countless others in Haiti and in Panama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Four page article goes onto mention many other companies cited in problematic drug ingredients.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

"The Changzhou Kangrui Chemical Company in Changzhou, China, is one of a number of concerns selling uncertified drug ingredients. It sent representatives to a trade show in Milan this month."

[edit on 31-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a very important topic. I am glad you have brought it up. Hopefully my professional career can shed some insight. Finally I will have something useful to post!

I own a Global Inspection company and operate in mainland China. I have seen first hand the manufacturing and production facilities through out the eastern sea board. I have also seen many of these facilities in the U.S.. For the most part, a majority of these factories would never be allowed to operate in the States. The value we put on sanitation and cleanliness in the US is just not reciprocated in China. It just is not a big deal to them.

Now having said that, what this is really all about is culture in my opinion. Many business owners there would not hesitate to do something that might be questionable, maybe even dangerous. The goal is to make more money. The reason that this is possible is that you can pay off just about anyone you need to in China. This is not always the case, and sometimes people do get caught between a rock and a hard place. But believe me when I say this, pay -offs and bribes are the norm there. This occurs on all different levels too, not just factory owners, but everyone down to employees and back up to state officials.

I hope this does not come off too negative, because that is not what I am trying for. I love China. I love to visit, I love the people, I love the culture, I love the countryside. I just hate the food. I just wanted to give a real life account of what it is like there. I cannot really convey the difference, as I never understood until I actually saw it.

One thing I will speculate on though, none of this is going to change any time soon. IF it does, it will not be because anyone demands it. Eventually China will surpass being a manufacturing based economy and evolve into a service industry and someone else will be the "new" China. The take of a white face.

P.S. if anyone is importing give me a U2U ill save you some money on your PSI!!

new topics

join