It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Defense Researchers Create Invisible Tank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

British Defense Researchers Create Invisible Tank

www.foxnews.com

"This technology is incredible," an unnamed soldier was quoted by the Daily Mail and Sun. "If I hadn't been present I wouldn't have believed it. I looked across the fields and just saw grass and trees — but in reality I was staring down the barrel of a tank gun."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This article is actually confirmation of an earlier post on ATS that detailed a members experience at a UK military tank testing ground. Both ATS search and Google are not working right now, but I'll keep trying to find the post and update this thread asap.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well that tank in the pic is the Merkava. Of course its photoshopped just so they can make a dramatic effect for viewers to see how tanks could "look" like while invisible.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
WOW, this is going to bring loseing your keys to a whole new level.Do you have any pictures of it? Great find.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Do I have any pictures of it??!! It's invisible!!

I don't know if the pic up there is photoshopped, could be I guess.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's a pic I found. Really... it's not just a photo of a field.. honest.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting, but I don't see it being very good to be honest. Firstly, this is going to be hugely expensive and the slightest bit of damage would probably throw it off. Maybe for buildings, but tanks?

Early days though I guess.

CX

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong but has'nt the weapons forum had many a post about this for ages now?

I'll take a look, i'm sure there has been much talk of this having been developed in the US before.

CX.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok, here's the report from ATS member PaulStar1 back in July 2006.

Weird Tank Sighting

CX

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Heres a thread in Weaponry that i posted a few links in back last year, same sort of thing.

Adaptive cam thread

CX.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
well i hope they dont let the secret get out like howto make a nuke got stolen this could be very bad if terrorists get their hands on it or if we get into any sorta NWO thing

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My awareness of this subject matter centred on the use of "fields" rather than "matter specific" invisibility.

In effect, the field creates a bubble around which light rays are redirected in an arc, leaving the arc at a point opposite to the entry point (i.e. travelling 180 degress about a spherical field bubble). The result is that any object within the field is hidden from view as what is behind it is actually seen instead. Anything entering the field is "hidden" so to speak; however, it appears to have issues due to the EM barrier effect it produces (e.g. no radio unless the appropriate aerial pierces the field) and ground usage causes a "black hole" at the point of intersection since it does not provide "X-ray" capabilities if you will. It has been conjectured for use mostly with aircraft.

As i understand it, the effect it produces is not perfect; imagine a photograph on a rubber sheet that has a cylinder end pushed into it from behind for a centimetre or so. The resultant image is "distorted" due to the interactive effect of the introduction of a seemingly "2D" background image over the natural 3D image as perceived by the eye.

edit - clarification.
This "matter specific" invisibility appears to be something else entirely.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by SugarCube]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I hope this becomes a large debating thread i'm loving it already, what a world we live in? invisiblility thats just way way cool i wouldn't begin to think of what has to be developed now security will need to be scrapped and return to the drawing board, what is to stop bank vaults being ripped off ? fort knox will need brand new infra red detectors, the prospects for invisibility are incalculable.

and yes i do understand that this is a tank however everything starts off pretty much obsolete before it hits the stores just look at computers 20 years ago we where all bragging about our super cool amiga games console now its only cool with an ebay account, the next generation of this is going to have to be personal cloaking and that creates a bit of a problem for security of every kind, you could even end up with someone sitting in your home on your couch watching tv without you being aware.

Sheepishly looks around and puts on clothes

GREAT THREAD

[edit on 31/10/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
you could even end up with someone sitting in your home on your couch watching tv without you being aware.

Sheepishly looks around and puts on clothes

[edit on 31/10/2007 by azzllin]

It's a bit late for that

all I have to say is

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You have to know that they've had this technology way before now. This is just a little bit of a much bigger picture. Everything that comes out of the military has been used, tested and sometimes held back for a long time even after they've come up with new technology to replace it. If it were me and I came up with the technology, you think I'd just show it to the whole world without having something that could defeat that technology. Cloaking technology is real and coming to a store near you.

Really though, what else are they cloaking?
Poor PaulStar1 was scared to death when this technology came driving by him. People didn't believe him and that he was just lying. Well he was right, he definetly saw what we're taliking about today.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Now this is very, very interesting - especially given the experience that PaulStar1 talked about. Sounds like the MoD were seeing if they could get away with using the tank in a semi-public place.

I'm intrigued - a big concern, however, is who will Britain give the technology to? We're selling Eurofighters and (possibly) Type 45s to the Saudis, for instance. After all, this project sounds fantastically expensive and time consuming. Not something we should just hand out, at any rate.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I thought about this years ago, when I first saw one of those fiber optic Christmas trees.

have a grid of fiberoptic cables on the side surface, run them around the tank, then have them lit by ambiant light coming from the other side of tank.

ambiant light(picture of hills) ....... tank ....... viewer sees the hills not the tank
..............................................\____/.......

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Redge777]

new topics

top topics

join