It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why need religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We Don't Need Religion

See what it does to us, with so many religions? Wars, murders, stealing/looting, people yelling at each other. When I tell someone god doesn't exist, and they are christian/muslim/jew they look down upon me and act like im so evil, when really I'm not. They won't speak to me either, but you know what? I dont care!

I don't make fun of other people. I always love to help others out when they need it, and would save another's life before my own. So why can't everyone be like this, and think like this instead?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Man, if anyone ever looks down on anyone, they are a hypocrite. We are all bad, we are all good. We don't need religion. We only need Christ. That is, if we would like to be in his presence. You don't have to choose that though. All we need to do is see ourselves in others, then you would not want to hurt. I understand you jca.

For every painting is there not a painter, for every program is there not a programmer, for every human being, is there not a father?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
For every painting is there not a painter, for every program is there not a programmer, for every human being, is there not a father?

I understand your point, but we have father's, mine is a worthless piece of sh1t that :w:
all day and night, but that's another story for another topic. But I still don't believe.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I plead one thing only! That, perhaps there is a God that is unlike any god you've thought of? Leave your mind open? The same thing can be asked of me though, so I will stop. You are my brother on this planet, and I love you.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think some people are genetically hard wired to need a higher power in their life. They feel incomplete if they don't participate in the rituals of religion.

We need to be gracious enough to cut those people a little slack and mind our own business.

It has been my experience that most people have an "ass saving God"; they only call on him/it/her when they are in some kind of trouble.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think human kind is in a transitory period as we move on to the next stage of evolution. People can live without religion, most are too afraid to. But others have stood up and moved on from the past. They live without fear, and are usually stronger because of this.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The fear of God outweighs all others. I have no fear. You think you are more enlightened than those who believe, you shouldn't just assume these things.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The fear of God outweighs all others. I have no fear. You think you are more enlightened than those who believe, you shouldn't just assume these things.

I have no fear of god. As I will never
to anyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That's cool with me. I don't bow down to anyone either. No human being on earth today deserves it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I've never assumed enlightenment. I actively seek it, yes, but I am far from it yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you look at the evolution of religion in America just to get a snapshot, it started out, say, like the pilgrims - keeping a close-knit community and bonding everyone together.

A lot of people think it 'tames the masses'. I figure if the guy with no teeth and a shotgun is in church, he's less likely to try and run me over riding my bike on Sunday morning. (just kidding, no stereotyping intended).

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
To be honest I am in complete agreament of you. I dont think we need the religion that controls the people, or make people believe in something that go away from what basis of belief teaches them.

Follow God is a way of life, not a ritual. To believe in the preacher is to believe what the religion believes. At some point we got to realize that believeing the basis of believe is more important. Becuause I am a christain I would mainly mean believe what god's word has tot them. The bible is the word of God, not the preacher nor the church. What the church says is not the last word, and what the preacher says is not always right. Try reading what God said unstead believe in what others say God said.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
" I dont bow down to anyone either "

Than you put yourself above Christ? He is God and is to be worshipped, but a communial worship of freinds. You have to know where you come from.

I see pride destroys this world.

Jc.

There are things called revealed truth. Not just people believing in fantasies. Christ worked miracles, you believe or you dont.

There have been 2000 years of miracles of the saints, I have seen miracles as well, but, you have to have faith to see Gods works. people choose to believe.

Also anybody who puts themselves over others are not living by Christ teaching of humility.

Pride is the worst sin to God, and selflove as well. Humility is the root of our faith.

peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ummmm ok jesusistruth. Christ is not a god, and never will be. I do have to say I read a little bit of the bible, and supposedly god made christ. However, I believe we basically just evolved. You can't prove god exists, and you can't prove he doesn't. And Im not going to believe in thin air. I mean, where the hell is he? In heaven getting head from mary?.

Do you even know why the last supper was painted? Because Leonardo wanted to give us clues. That's why he painted most of those pictures. Not because he believed in religion, but because he is trying to tell us humans something.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I'm saying I bow to no one on this earth, right now. Christ is in the heart currently. I fall on my knees for Christ only.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

First and foremost I just want to tell you to respect my religion and I will respect your beliefs. What I seen in another post is something very unethical let me show you:

Basically, it seems atheist and agnostics are the same. I don't see any difference. However, I do not believe in god or jesus christ. Mary in my opinion was just a whore that had a baby, and the three kings were her pimps, and Joseph was just an un-lucky guy that got cheated on way back in the day.

Now back to your question, well some people do not need religion and it is fine. I however want my religion I enjoy reading passages because since I was young it taught me to be a better person. If you are different then that is fine, as long as you respect me and my beliefs you will see nothing from me but as much respect. If a person looks down upon you just know they are wrong and walk away. Who cares if they look down upon you?

I used to work at Tim Horton's while I went to school and people looked down on me all the time. Did it make me a worse person? No. If you know whatever you do is good then forget about those people. They are extremists with the wrong agenda.

I do not get one thing though, how do religions bring conflicts, theft, and wars?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
To your main header...

Do we need religion?

I say yes but only to the weaker minded people who have to beleive in some sort of thing, Thats not really having a go at anyone but just an opinion...

The whole idea of a man/gods controlling earth or having ability to do things is pass me...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Rev
To your main header...

Do we need religion?

I say yes but only to the weaker minded people who have to beleive in some sort of thing, Thats not really having a go at anyone but just an opinion...

The whole idea of a man/gods controlling earth or having ability to do things is pass me...

So you don't believe in anything? Do you really think this world isn't under some sort of control?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

well, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that this world is under control... so nope, i don't think the world is under control

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I meant mili-political control.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join