It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop tasers man in eye

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
When a police officer tells you to stop, stop. If he asks you for ID, present it. Be polite, do not confront him/her, because in a confrontation, you are going to lose, period.

If you were wronged, do what I did, go to the proper people, the DA's office, or in the case of larger cities, many police departments have civilian committees that oversee police, then there is the IA, internal affairs, unit. Or if all else fails, sue the department. Confrontation is foolish, you're just going to wind up getting hurt, or worse.

I don't know all the details of this particular incident, it sounds to me like a one in a thousand freakish type accident. A wrong move at the wrong time, and the results are the loss of an eye.

It does seem to me that tasers are being misused, even abused, in far too many cases. Maybe this particular episode could have been avoided by giving the officer cooperation, instead of attitude. I don't know whether this was the case or not, odds are good that it was.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Looks like the Canadian cops are not getting good press with all there tasering activity. Its reported there have been 20+ deaths associated with this barbaric terror of innocents. The one that looks to break the terror is of the polish immigrant tasered to death a month ago. A fellow videoed the incident and now the polish government wants inquiry and action taken on the death.

The Polish government has sent two lawyers to Vancouver to investigate the death and raised the issue with Canadian officials and diplomats. After watching the recording, Piotr Ogrodzinski, the Polish ambassador to Canada, said he found the use of a Taser on Mr. Dziekanski to be excessive.

The link to above quote

In the United States there are 280 deaths by taser. This is not a means to help cops, rather it kills and victimizes people it is being applied to. Certain cops know this but still can't wait to deploy the treatment on people.

The taser needs to be repealed from law enforcements tactical arsenal or absolute strict guide lines and extensive training in taser deployment in place if they wish to keep it. Cops should be held to the same law as citizens and not terrorize the citizen with this device as they have been doing.

I hope the polish government can put an end to these taser horror stories.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The real issue here is tha the guy did not comply with the orders of the police and he was Tasered. Unfortunately for him, the Taser struck him in the eye.

Trying to purposely shoot a someone in the eye with a Taser is a near impossible feat because they are not as accurate as a hand gun or rifle. I bet the guy was moving, ducking, or attempting to evade his arrest when he was Tasered.

If he thought he was being wrongly arrested, he takes his fight to the courtroom not in the streets. I feel bad for the guy, but if the police wouldnt of had to use force if he complied which is the real issue here.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join