It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

camera detecting motion, but showing nothing..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Perhaps a faulty working camera.. I have a logitech camera that functions normally, it is meant to follow movement. When im talking to people via video+audio it follows me around the room. Well yesterday i kept feeling a strong presense and the camera was focused on me, it focused behind me (the lens changed position) and slowly panned the room moved up, then very quickly moved back near me, i set it to record, and it moved some more, then focused on me and stayed there. When i played back the video, i saw nothing but the room as it was.. Could this be another odd event in this insane house (crazy stuff happens here constantly.. things move, doors unlock, relock, open, closed when no one is home... generally odd things).. Not quite sure. I had a friend who is very in touch with these things, and she came in my house, turned pale, and got sweaty palms. She was sitting in the living room and jumped up and ran to the steps and asked me if she heard "that".. I heard nothing, She was deathly afraid of the upstairs bathroom and the backyard (in which NOTHING will grow, including grass).. Odd place, if i say so my self.

So this camera thing?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
nothing will grow including grass? so what is it just dirt?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weeman
nothing will grow including grass? so what is it just dirt?

No it's decent soil, and all dead #. One branch of this tree falls off occasionally, regrows, falls off again (#ing annoying if you ask me).. And the backyard just doesnt grow anything. And you look at the neighbors backyard, lush green, very nice, and it stops almost exactly at the property line.

The people who lived here before me left quickly. A middle age (45ish) couple and they packed up and left. Gave the house to their son to sell, we bought it and have had nuissences with spirits since we moved in. But i mean, these people left half their #. The garage still had #, the attic was SEALED shut, the office had a full bookshelf of brand new encyclopedias, a nice oak desk, beautiful executive chair.. It seems like they packed up real fast and scooted their asses out. They left their all gold door knocker with their name etched in it on the door. These people were here one day, gone the next. We didnt think anything of it got a damned good deal as well. We have had two fires in the basement (BIG fires) called 911, fire department gets there, not one burnt piece of wood, and no heat signature on the thermal. And the basement would be filled with water. This happened twice. Once the oven caught fire and didnt leave a mark on the wall above it (the oven is mounted in the wall at chest level).

There is also what looks like burn marks above the head of my bed, which can be wiped off (well scrubbed) or painted over, and come back within a week or two. Kind of odd.

Back to the backyard, nothing grows, its all dead grass and leaves now. Grass will grow for a week and die, wonderful flowers planted in their own soil die. Its a small wasteland. The only living things are the two oak trees and one of them throws branches around.

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by intrigue]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Have you ever been harmed by these "spirits"? A lot of the stuff you have mentioned is very eerie and if I was you, I would've left a LONG time ago.

You also never mentioned... do you live by yourself, or with parents, or other people?

I hope nothing of harm comes to you...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
Have you ever been harmed by these "spirits"? A lot of the stuff you have mentioned is very eerie and if I was you, I would've left a LONG time ago.

You also never mentioned... do you live by yourself, or with parents, or other people?

I hope nothing of harm comes to you...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

Nothing personally harmful.. But there are cold spots, and spots in the house you dont want to be in. The bottom of the staircase is creepy as hell for some reason. I get a really odd feeling standing there. The laundry room. And ESPECIALLY the formal dining room (lots of antiques, including a 200 something year old clock.) I can feel that room from all over the house, i can feel when im in it, just an absolutely overwhelming feeling of.. im not sure.. its just overwhelming. And when curtains are open to the backyard, you almost feel watched.

I Live with my mother, and sister, and my grandmother lives in the in-law suite. My mom hates the house. She absolutly hates it. She said something about a cat, a BIG cat (we're talking tiger here) once. Said she saw it in the dining room, and im like "Mom, there isnt any cat in the dining room"

Also, during the summer we saw a man walk across the backyard at around 1pm (could not make out his face), when i went outside, there was no one there aside from my mother who was grilling steaks.. , no one climbing the fence (and it would be pretty tough to run from the laundry room window to any of the fences, and then climb them, they are 7' wood fences). My mom said no one had been out there, but myself and my grandmother both saw the man and went out to ask him why hes in our yard.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My best guess would have to be that your house is haunted. Burn marks that come back are only "kind of odd"? Wow, I would hate to see something you would dub "Very odd"

Well, at least you havent been harmed or anything. Thats always a plus.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsionicGamer
My best guess would have to be that your house is haunted. Burn marks that come back are only "kind of odd"? Wow, I would hate to see something you would dub "Very odd"

Well, at least you havent been harmed or anything. Thats always a plus.

Well you got to figure, paint sometimes bleeds through, and stains can bleed through paint, so i figure a burn mark might be kind of odd coming back through paint.. well coming bak after scrubbing, is quite odd, but for some reason i brushed it off now that i think about it..

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hmm..keep us updated, sounds like there is something very strange going on, I'm very glad I dont live in your house!

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
dude sounds pretty freaky.
Have you tried to call one of those dudes who communicates with ghosts to find out what's going on?

Like Shoktek said... keep us posted on any new goings-ons.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Do you have a basement? I know odd question. I have a lurking suspicion I know what's going on. Don't worry. Get someone with a sesmograph to read the house, someone witha magnometer to do the same, and make sure your house is grounded. It soudns bizzare, but it works.

DE

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Boy I'd get an exorcist in there asap! I would absolutely hate to live with creepy things like that happenin on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
do you have HIGH voltige wires in near your house??

(they could be under the ground) ??

also can you make some video/pics and put it on the webfor us

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
my house was haunted but an angel came and helped me wif it. it was so cool seing one.no they do not have wings. (humanoid wif a sword)

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Can you get digital pics and post some for analysis? I would love to look some over for you.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Awesome information!

It really sounds as if you have some kind of supernatural activity going own there. Keep us informed.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First thing. The fact that your friend said she was "deathly afraid of the upstairs bathroom" makes me believe this 100%. Entities, ghosts, spirits...whatever you want to call them, seem to be drawn to areas with running water. A few links ---> 1 2

I would investigate the house's past. See what has happened in the years since it was built. A lot can be found in county records. If it's an older house, the library will have old newspapers on microfiche. Search for anything at the houses address.
My guess is that someone died in a fire in the
general area of your house.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrigue
Its a small wasteland. The only living things are the two oak trees and one of them throws branches around.

Take a chainsaw or an axe and try to cut the 2 oaks. I say " try ", because I don't think you'll be able to cut them.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
not to detract from the paranormal activity, but please have that "soot" above your bed tested to be sure it's not toxic mold. I recently moved from a home that had that nasty stuff, whole family was ill more often than usual- wasn't until after we moved that we found out about the stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
not to detract from the paranormal activity, but please have that "soot" above your bed tested to be sure it's not toxic mold. I recently moved from a home that had that nasty stuff, whole family was ill more often than usual- wasn't until after we moved that we found out about the stuff.

hmm could be, my sister gets sick often, but i rarely rarely get sick (but when i do its something like bronchitis, or larengitis
) It not really a soot, like from a fireplace. Its just a black mark. Like if you took a lighter to the wall, it makes that black mark, but its not soot.. Im not sure if that could be mold though?

Picture... of? I dont see ghosts, i just feel something, and wierd # happens. Ill show you pics of the walls with the black, and the lack of burns above the stove.

Also, you piqued my interest with grounding?

No, there are no high voltage lines, that i know of.

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by intrigue]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Do you know the age of the house? Is the house near a cemetery or boarders one? Check the old clock open it up and check if there are any notes or writing in it or even check behind it. Also try to find the name of the maker ( antiques roadshow baby sell the sucker hehe) Also check the desk for any notes or writing. Use your cam on motion sensor mode in the areas of the house where there are the most disturbing. Keep us posted. Also checking for mold is a great idea. I had a place where there was mold by the vents and it made me sleepy all the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join