It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Cop cited for DUI, then let go, in his cruiser!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wherever they are in the world, law enforcement people should immediately expect themselves to be held to a higher level of scrutiny than the general public....

don't like that ? Don't take the job...simple really...

I agree 100%. A cop getting caught for doing something illegal is not unusual , it is when they are not held to the same or higher standard. Many assume they are not held to as high standard because indicents are investigated thorughly and they may not read about the punishment within the same article as they read about a crime. It takes time and incidents are investigated on a criminal level and internal level. It needs to be done cautiousely because when a cop is charged and convicted the judge will be much harsher and you are likely to get the max sentence , which is rarely handed out to standard offender. On the other hand an arrest may not occur because upon investigation it is determined not to be a criminal offense, but that does not mean he /she will not loose her job (and retirement) as a result of it.

In the area i live in cops are held to a higher standard and it is evident when you watch the news or read the papers. A deputy that stole money out of a wallet while on a call is still in jail and will do a total of 364 which is the max amount the judge could sentence. How many criminals do you know of that do a complete year minus 1 day for a 1st degree misdemeanor with no prior history ?

Sorry Rilence ... may sound like i was going off i really wasnt. Just trying to say i agree and i am proud of where i live because they are just as fast to arrest there own and harsher with the conviction.

Stomp ... I know agencys are different but due to my experience i find it hard to believe your hole town is part of a grand conspiracy. Is there anything you do take in an trust it as it is presented ??

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
how is this not normal, i mean this world and america especially is a hypocritical black market phallacy in which the dregs of humanity dwell daily stirring up the bottom dirt for more food. In this case food equalls cover-up.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Gary Wall is a very nice man, very enjoyable, (and that's coming from a person who cannot stand our police) but I don't think there was any conspiracy with this. Dude liked to drink and smoke weed, he got busted.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join