It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Created Us! Who Created God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This question has always stayed with me since i asked my Religious Studies teacher years ago. Back then he didnt have an answer for me he just said hes God he doesnt need a creator.....????

This just made me more inquisitive and quite mad that a man who should of known this as it is his beliefs but didnt know or even question this himself!

So how about the good People here at ATS any Ideas?

Thanks
Sostyles

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I don't believe we were "created" by a god...

but to answer your question, "god" is infinite in everything, he has always existed and will exist forever, thats how the bible makes it out to be...

More acceptable to me is something leaning towards the egyptian believe system, as in horus and ra and anubis, they are gods yes but they exist through procreation just as us and so on, it does make alot more sense if you read up on it...

Also there is the believe that we were genetically created by aliens, some say lucifer and god are aliens who live on different planets,,,so much detail could be put into this subject

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It´s kinda like the chicken and the egg pardox, IE which came first. because if you assign a creator for God, then the creator of God would need a creator and so on.
Most religions will tell you that faith comes into play when speaking of where God came from. If you read the Bible for example, Genesis, it states, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
this raises the question where was God when he created heaven earth-

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

Good reply,

Where it says god created Heaven and the Earth, what about the other planets and Stars?

Thanks

Sostyles

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Humans have a tendency to put "God" in the equation when we reach the end of our current scientific understanding. During the ages when scientists such as Newton would come upon a hole in their theory they would stick "God" in it. This is a big problem cause if you place "God" as a factor you close your mind and the theory does not get solved, just gets passed on to the next bright scientist.

I don't believe in a personal god. I know of Energy, which can be neither created or destroyed only transfered. Thus the energy that we have in our universe may have come from another universe, perhaps parallel or extra dimensional.

I too started out asking these same questions when I was young. No priest, or religious teacher could give me answers. They told me not to question

always an interesting topic to me

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
God is not the same as humans. You can't compare God with humans. God is omnipotent. That means he has always been, thus not needing a creator because there was no time when he did not exist.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
remember
behind every great man, there has been a woman standing in the shadows.
i have no idea where that brings you but it would make you think twice.....

i think

chickenfeet

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I asked a priest that same question when I was 12 and pretty much got the same answer. That there is no answer.

Haven't gone back to church since then. I still believe in a God, I just think there's a lot more to it that what's in the Bible. I also have no hatred towards any religions or anything I still respect them completely. I just have a different take on the Bible than others do.

Only thing I hate is when people abuse religion or use it to force a belief on others. I have a different take on God, but I'll never force it on others. I made the mistake once of getting a few people to question their beliefs and I'll never forgive myself for that. They're the same people they've always been, but with a couple things I said I made them question their lives and faith and that made me feel sick to my stomach that I actually did that. Just because it's what I believe doesn't mean it's fact.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If there was no time when God did not exist, then why isn't the Earth twice as old as it is? Why didn't God create it earlier? Was he busy?

Why could it not be that the universe has always existed?

(I'm gonna get flamed about a dull blade now, aren't I...)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sostyles

If God Created Us! Who Created God?

We did.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I see your problem. You're hung up on that old chicken and egg thing. You need to stop thinking about it in terms of short-range illusory cause and effect. Space and time fold in on themselves, not just at huge distances and speeds, but also internally, from moment to moment.

So it's not really a matter of who created what. There's no immediate cause and effect at work, but rather an expression of potentialities.

I kind of like the idea that "God" is the eventual result of all matter in the universe being incorporated into a lifeform or life system. In the battle between chaos and life, life eventually wins in the very distant future, and as a result, everything becomes part of a lifeforce, which then automatically exists in both the future, the present, and at the very beginning of the distant past. Of course, that kind of thing is beyond our proof and comprehension, since we are stuck in our little monkey minds and tend to perceive the past as something that happens before the present or future. But that's our problem, I guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
you know you will eventually drive yourself crazy and go insane if you look for answers to all of lifes impossible questions, right?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Simple answer: God was created by an even higher God.

See how easy it all is? Dont concern yourself with such worries.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Like many of you, I became disillusioned when I was turned away, chastised, or ridiculed for asking this question - but I commend the OP and all others for continuing to ask it. It was especially disheartening to be scolded by people I had a real strong respect and love for when they became very uncomfortable with my asking this question. Grandparents, teachers, clergy - no one had nor has the answer.

Also disconcerting was the huge number of theological perspectives by a great variety of human cultures around the planet - many seemingly contradicting each other. Is there one God, several, an infinite number? Is he all powerful, all knowing - and does he/she/they "feel" or intervene whatsoever in their handiwork or do they remain indifferent for eternity?

In the absence of a satisfying answer, I was eventually led to my present day of thinking - I can't help it: I'm just an inquisitive, but hopeful Agnostic. I don't know the answer to your question, and I don't think there is a single human being on Earth that does. We just do not have the knowledge, the empirical evidence, the capacity to know the answer. Perhaps one day we will be enlightened. But not today.

That does not mean I do not believe an answer exists. It is just that we have no way of knowing the answer. A similar cosmological corollary I'm always grappling with regards the Universe itself: If God created the Universe - what existed before that?

Somehow all the repeating Big Bang, Steady State and other cosmology theories don't ring true either. I don't think anyone knows the answer to that one either.

Maybe the answer to both questions are related. We just need to evolve further - perhaps substantially further - for the answer to manifest itself for us...

Thanks - always a pleasure to contemplate the question yet again...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If we view God as our creator then He/She/It must have had a Creator as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

nice answer, the bible is the greatest story ever told

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
42 created God. Didnt you read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
I don't believe we were "created" by a god...

but to answer your question, "god" is infinite in everything, he has always existed and will exist forever, thats how the bible makes it out to be...

This made me think.
Along the lines of this thought process..
What if God was the big bang? I know it sounds silly. But indeed it created life, light, mass, planets.... etc etc..kind of like God in Genesis. To quote Tool: "The universe is hostile..So impersonal" Quite like God in a few instances. Of course this is all my thoughts and opinions. I could be wrong. Guess I'll be going to hell for wondering where god came from, or what god is, was...
-B

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

I think the big bang is a false theory actually. You can probably find many sites discussing it, but here is one I found just now.

We live in a time where every truth has to be challenged since there is lies everywhere. The site above even has a good Einstein quote:

"When forced to summarize the general theory of relativity in one sentence: Time and space and gravitation have no separate existence from matter. ... Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended. In this way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning. ... The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. ...
The free, unhampered exchange of ideas and scientific conclusions is necessary for the sound development of science, as it is in all spheres of cultural life. ... We must not conceal from ourselves that no improvement in the present depressing situation is possible without a severe struggle; for the handful of those who are really determined to do something is minute in comparison with the mass of the lukewarm and the misguided. ...
Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've always been firm in the belief that 'GOD' is actually a colossal machine that exists on the edge of the universe.

It is responsible for processing stars and suns and is operated by beings of light or 'angels' that live and dwell within its cavernous body.

The machine called 'GOD' was built many, many, many years ago (probably before the second or third stage of the current universe) by a race of entities that toiled and toiled and toiled for millenia.

'GOD' is a semi-intelligent machine that creates galaxies by breaking down and reprogramming sets of data (Stars) and flings them out to 'empty' plots of the universe, whereby some of them due to freak chances of quantum coincidence accidently create life.

Unfortunately, one of these 'angels' called Lucifer attempted to hijack 'GOD' and ended up being banished to the centre of the earth, along where he or precisely 'it' now broods in a fairly large cave system with no water.

You can read about 'GOD' and some of its adventures in time and space, in some very popular books like the Quran and the Bible (although admittedly they got it slightly wrong in both books).

At least, that's what I've been lead to believe and my opinion is exactly equal with everybody elses (wrong) opinions on this planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join