It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghost in Plant B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have worked the night shift for a manufacturing company that has enjoyed tremendous growth in the twenty years that I have been there. In the winter of 1995, they purchased a vacant warehouse building that is adjacent to the main plant. The first machines that were moved to the new facility happened to be the ones that I ran on a regular basis. That meant that I would be working alone in this huge building.

Two weeks after Plant B opened, there was a terrible industrial accident in which one of my co-workers was killed. He was usually an operator in the main building, but was helping a shorthanded maintenance crew on this day. They were attempting to unload a machine off of a flatbed trailer to move into Plant B. A support strap broke, and the machines weight shifted to my co-worker (Tommys) side. He was crushed and was killed instantly.

A few weeks later, I would hear noises as if I was not the only one working in the building, but I knew I was alone. Every once in a while, I would see something moving out of the corner of my eye, but when I would turn and look, there was nothing there. One night I went to get washed up for lunch break. When I walked past the microwave, it started running on it's own. I spent the entire first winter by myself in there.

In the spring, I finally got some company over there as Plant B was starting to take shape. The new guys that came over were experiencing strange things also. The night operator on the machine that Tommy's brother ran during the day, was slapped hard on his back, but when he turned around, there was nobody there.

During that first spring, they moved the machine that Tommy had run in the main building over to Plant B. A few weeks afterward, that machine would just start running on it's own. This would happen on a frequent basis.

Thankfully, I got a promotion to work back in the main plant, but I still have to work over there occasionally. My worst experience came two years ago when I was working late one night. I stopped to go to the restroom, and when I came out, Tommy had finally manifested himself. He was standing right behind the machine that killed him, which was about fifty yards away from me, and he was staring right back at me. I jumped right out of my skin on that night.

I still have to go over there to work from time to time, but it scares the hell out of me.

join