It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials...Mistaken for Gods, Goddesses, Angels, and Demons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Maybe angels/demons being confused as extraterrestrials?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dOOBiE300E
Maybe angels/demons being confused as extraterrestrials?

I could respond to this in some way, but I don't want to bring us too off topic..

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
wierdalienshiznit, dude that same thing happened to me, I was walking from a friends house and then I crossed the street, then when I looked back, I saw a huge bright white light (I thought a nuke went off, lol) and it stayed for like 4 seconds

[edit on 1-11-2007 by nemesiswes]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Read ' The Many Coloured Land ' Series by Julian May, then 'The Meleiu Trilogy' , and the stand alone 'Intervention'.

Exactly what is being talked about here..... have fun!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnderCoveted
The few religious people who did accept that our ancestors were at a very low level of intelligence, but wouldn't accept that they would mistake more intelligent beings as Gods

People 1000-1000 years ago didnt luck of intelligence in so much diference like we today. Its a question how much we are inteligent then before and what inteligence real is and how te measure, so that we cannot talk so much about the inteligence, becouse we are not so inteligent eather, we only have more knowledge. If we were raise in the forest alone we will not know how to comunicate and only do for survivor, learning and gaining trust in other people will take longer time and of course we will bi like almighty god to them of course.

We are indeed quite stupid, becouse our mind can be manipulated and the luck of information or too much disinformation affect wery our way of thinking.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've thought this since reading the Bible as a child. I think there's a lot hidden from us as far as our true history. I think religion is just a means to control the population through fear.

I do believe this planet was seeded. For what purpose, I don't know. I don't think it's got to do with soul-catchers in the moon or a projection on a canvas that surrounds the earth or anything like that. We're a war-mongering, fear-ridden species. But, also we have so much potential to be compassionate and caring. Human emotion is very perplexing.

I find it halarious that those who don't choose to believe in modern day religion find it hard to believe in a "God". I, for one, do believe in God. But it's nothing like what's being passed off as religion. I think spirituality goes far beyond what is yet comprehendible by mankind. It will not be until science and spirituality combine that we understand more or what this life is about and what lies beyond.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderCoveted

you're living dangerously once you tell others you dont think the same way the majority do------i found that out the first day of school------they will have conformity---thinking outside the accepted norm is not permitted---here's your first lesson-- we will beat you just enough to shut your mouth----the story of my life.tell people the untaught truth they never received at school or in church and you mark yourself for the inquisition to come.i believe that supreme G-D Beings created us and for the purpose of making us part of Their family if we will prove in this test ground They have set up that we will not abuse the power with which we could destroy the universe if we "lost it".as far as aliens or other created beings on other worlds are concerned if the G-D family choses to make other lifeforms out there besides us----do They have to tell us or ask our permission----i think not.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree. Also, believing in the fact that what they reflected is for us to progress further. As to say their knowledge is indeed help for future civilizations. It's not to stay at their level, but rather to become Godlike by ourselves with spiritual progression.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

apparently green/blue is one of the stages of colour that dead bodies go thru before they turn into slime and bones -----you know like green mold you see on decaying things/cheese etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

sorry i rushed to fast to give a complete answer-----most of the translations of the bible we have do not do it justice thanks to our translators prejudices.if you read the interlinear bible the greek/english for revelation6:8 and i saw and behold a pale green horse and the name of the one sitting on it was death and hades(the grave)followed after him.and authority was given to them to kill over 1/4 of the earth with sword and with famine and with death and by the wild beasts of the earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I would be totally open to believing that various other worldly beings influenced our cultures on various levels, or gave us the needed nudge in the right direction or perhaps even a jumpstart.

We could use the same type of scenario of one of us going to some remote village on some desolate island and showing the people of our daily used items. IF we even knew some simple magic tricks and showed the people some of the tech toys and tricks and those people would assume that we were GOD's.

Not too sure if this is totally true today, but just 30 years ago, I believe so. But imagine people back in the bronze age or middle ages.

I also truly believe that those people were incapable of lying. Therefore, what they drew or wrote about is probably as true and genuine as they saw it..

Just my opinion.. Great thread by the way!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The OP is an excellent idea. As noted before, it may have been posited before. However, the problem, as with all other forms of belief systems, is that of evidence.

My own opinion is that if religions have infact noted actual events and personalities, AND if ETs do exist, then they are a more plausible explanation of what religious text describes as angels/devtas etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am a believer of The Supreme ,Jesus & Holy Spirit ,so i am talking "Christian" here for those who hate/despise or think i am trying to force God down your throat,i am NOT,i cannot,i have no right,you have freewill.. but skip this thread anyway

Apocrypha ,study Wisdom Of Solomon ,we should know that satan is just but one fallen angel,leader and strong?Yes,prince of air? Yes ,prince or leader of death/hell ..no he is not.He had to answer to many others when Christ went to hell.Whomever satan asked to keep Jesus bound in hell told satan straight what they thought of his work ..they do not answer to satan there are even bigger evil powers than him.

What we know is nothing ,what is out there we won't believe ..proof on ATS everything gets run down ,every pic,video,story nowadays is said to be faked...well most.We come to ATS to read about the "unknown" ..,conspiracies ,theories but only to disagree with what is written or told by others on here,everything we read/see we do not want to believe,we believe what we think..how have some people minds changed since visiting such sites.Too much info ,too many hoaxes ..who to believe ,who to run down ,who can we laugh at ..who can we catch out.

I don't believe all i read but don't run down on people either...do not judge.

Man only show(ed) us or taught us what they want us to know ,to get real knowledge is through faith and truth will find it's way to us no matter how man has hidden and confused us.

Evolve i read ? there are just as many flaws in evolution as in religion,both are man made or ideas/theories.

Even if i believe in The Trinity i do not follow churches ,life is for free,we pay for what we choose and the rest gets stolen by men who use God as an excuse ,so why are people angry with God ..or say things such as "imaginary friend"..sarcasm?..if man is the one who made us believe in not to believe,not to think ..why blame The Supreme for their wrongs.

I see that demons can very well be alien ,i also see a side where there was "good and evil" before the creation of the universe..but i will wait ,be patient.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderCoveted

This theory comes up so often on this website and from so many varying sources that its actually gained a sort of credibility with me.

I cant find the thread at the moment, but one that addressed it a while ago asked specifically about the ark (Christianity, bible book of genesis - for those of us who dont usually dabble in that kinda far out stuff!)

Seem to remember it theorised that the 'dead world' that we all escaped was not infact a flooded Earth, but a Mars which we had wrecked somehow (ringing any bells global warming believers?) and then kinda expanded into the rest of the religion - debating identities of 'gods' 'angels' etc.

i shall try and find a link, if it helps.

... i think there was even something about 'the apple' that got them thrown out of eden (God knows - if you'll pardon the pune - maybe a spaceship, i cant remember) was actually sex - as they were supposed to be in an isolated observation programme, and not multiplying to form a proper species... thus "explaining" the somewhat senseless denial of sex that exists in many religions - although i think this was discussed elsewhere.

Some of this stuff gets pretty far out, as im sure you've already gathered - but it makes a good read anyway, and has the cold hard logic of the interminably insane ( enter myself, stage left ) behind it - which is always fun to find. I confess im not quite sure what you'd search for on to find the relevant web pages though.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I'm always surprised by the number of people who think this is some revolutionary new idea. Like "Chariots of the Gods" hasn't been around for decades. There are quite a few old "Star Trek" episodes that also say exactly the same thing, 40 years ago. Super aliens with great powers being mistaken for gods and worshipped. It was a common theme in 1950's sci-fi pulps.

This is not some fresh, new idea. It's old and stale and rehashed a million times. ugh ugggghhh... I just died of boredom.

Yes, it is aware by many as an already thought up idea. And from the title of this subject you knew what it was about, so you deliberately came in here to be bored with something you've already known about. lol, be nice and don't criticize the posts.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
hello readers
I read through the posts and you all have interesting stories, facts, as well as ideas. For those of a religious follower, let it be known that I do not hate or dislike the religious communities, I dislike the people who use their beliefs as a reason to tell someone that they are wrong for what they think. The fact of the matter is we have no idea about our true creation or beginning. There are to many beliefs to be able to single out one as being true. I realized that years ago, and started down my path of spirituality rather than religious inspiration towards spirituality. As soon as a person or persons think they're better than another just because they believe something and others don't, than they have already broken their chances of enlightenment.

I had a somewhat similar discussion with my mom about how to many people use things but never think about it in detail. myself, I feel I'm obligated to learning the little details and think about how the things I see in everyday life became what it is. most people will look at a glass bottle that held their soda, juice, beer, (what ever is your poison lol) drink it, maybe read the label, and throw it away. Me, I see a bottle to. But I think "Where was the sand to make the bottle obtained? Where'd they get the ore for the lid? How many people were there when it was being made?(made with machines but still supervised by people), so on so forth. My parents think I'm going to drive myself crazy and die young because I think like this. My way of thinking is I'd rather know how to know how it works and make my own than to just know where to buy one.

I just recently came across an article of how a percentage of our genes are the same viruses that have been around for thousands of years, and that they may have been the reason for our evolutionary jump start of intelligence. It's plausible, the new method of getting skin cells to act as stem cells that create tissues is an example of how you can create something 100 times more useful and unique with something that does so little.

I've always had an "out there" kind of mind, just my nature. And yes, I have had the majority get on my case because I had different ideas than others that made more sense, at least to me. We need to stick with what we know to be true, not just a belief that something is true. And being a hypocrite about something won't help haha. I'm 100% content and am fine that my beliefs and ideas can or could be just are false as everyone else's beliefs, the only problem is the religions tell the followers that if they don't belief they're going to suffer for it. To me just sounds like more threats to keep people in check.

Sticking to the past will make history repeat itself. Racism, hate crimes, killing, and wars were mostly because of bad things that people did to another person or country until societies started using religions. Religion is the #1 all time automatic attack. Why? Because every country has their own unifying religion. So immediately when the idea of religious persecution came along, every person, country, and race were on alert from other countries. The Christians were the most feared since they said "convert or die!", (the people who weren't killed in their evil blood lust at least) and they'd kill and raid and kill. What makes the Christians any different from the Vikings who raided towns and villages? The Vikings killed some, looted, and than left. The hypocrite Christians killed for power (and those who think they didn't, who was in charge after the Christians raided? DING DING DING! The converted leader who had to do their bidding or they killed the leader and put in one of their higher church representatives).

The world is moving to slowly when it comes to advancing. We'd be way farther and smarter if religions didn't hold us back from pushing forward. Let's just be nice, do what we gotta do to survive, and learn everything from scratch. peace

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
or maybe we are mistaken the angels, gods, and demons to be extraterrestrials??

maybe in fact, this phenomona is none of the above.....
but rather just another unexplained event that it takes superstitious reasoning to understand...

our ancestors saw what they interpreted as gods and angels and demons.....with themselves being just pawns of these heavenly powers with no hope of breaking free from their power...

we've grown, we understand how the sun and moon travel across the sky, and know no one is pulling it by a chariot. we've learned alot of the God's tricks. they have been explained.

so, now, we're seeing something else- aliens from the stars. and we're not just unwilling pawns to be used by these forces anymore. movies like armageddon, clearly shows that in our concious mind, we believe we could overcome these powers if they tried to take over our planet. we've learned, we've developed and these "gods" have become a little more like long lost brothers or something. they're a little closer to us.

everything is energy.....what we see, hear, and feel, is just what our minds interpret this energy to be and sometimes, the mind runs across something it's never encountered before. then, it is free to interpret it however. in the case of this phenomena, our ancestors, with the deep god centered existance, interpreted these things to be Gods, or angels, or some other type of heavenly thing...
us, with our technologically centered lifestyle see them as visitors from the stars...
but, still, it's just an unexplained phenomena.....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
or maybe we are mistaken the angels, gods, and demons to be extraterrestrials??

True, but the whole angels, gods, and demons using spacecrafts means they aren't superior in any other sense but technology and knowledge. That would take away their divinity of not being able to survive without it. People who say "angels" look human are just people who see what they want to see. Anyone can be a god given the circumstance, and all through history there were supposed Gods and goddesses, demigods, god-kings and queens, soon to be Gods, and every other combination. All through history people have claimed they were divinely powerful and ignorant people bowed to them because they didn't know that they were all full of themselves wanting power. So, there is maybe 0.5% chance that Extraterrestrials are angels, demons, Gods, or Goddesses since history has proven over and over again that later on, what people WANTED to be divine were dictators, tyrants, and greedy proclaimed warlords of the divine world.

Thanks for reading
good day

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
0.5% chance huh......
are you sure that they are extraterriestial?
or is the chance of them being that about 0.5% also.

all that I am saying is that mankind plays just as much a role at defining our existance as the creator does. the energies are there, but we play a role into forming it into something understandable to us. maybe the energy is the same when it comes to angels and the visitors, we're just forming it differently to suit our present needs. neither is seeing it as it actually is, neither is actually 100% right.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by dawnstar]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

right, neither is 100% known fact. And just because there's a large majority for each belief (extraterrestrial or divine) doesn't mean that they're even plausible. Distant relatives from the future with time travel capabilities, coming back to see how horrid the planet Earth was before there was actual peace, or maybe just a school project "Earth in the 21st Century:Earth History Class". That's just as plausible as Extraterrestrials or Divine reassurance.

The problem that people will set their minds to one thing, not knowing if it's true or not, and than telling people who belief otherwise "You've got problems". [Ex.] Religious follower: "The lord shall cometh! for he is real and shall save us, he is our only savior." Believer of being created by other non-divine lifeforms: "I'm waiting for our creators to come back and enlighten us with their techno-knowhow". Religious follower: "Aliens? They don't exists only GOD exists besides us and the life on this planet. Stop believing in something that's a lie and belief in God! He's real!!"....See, sounds selfish and hypocritical for one person to say their's is true, but something just as deep in the unknown as being false.

(nice info to know) I read an article that was written a few days ago. They found that "space dust", the stuff that makes up planets and living things are created in the winds of black holes. Here's the link.

www.sciencecentric.com...

To me it sounds like they suck in as much as they can, than creates the space dust that gets scattered about that create life and all. The universe will continue to be sucked in and spat out, over and over and over forever. New lives comes at the cost of others', now you tell me, is that not the way it has always been? And that just gave me an idea for another topic
thanks for reading.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join