It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARE you to shut up!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

How does it keep you alive?

I thought it was merely a pain reliever or at best a alternative treatment for Glaucoma? Both of which I have no issue with, though I don't see how you can really defend it, because people who tend to do it aren't sick and don't have glaucoma. They only reap the negative effects of marijuana.

Like I said before. One of my best friends swears that it's the only way she can think.. I think she's stupid, but I still love her, and don't mind people who smoke weed. Just as long as that dank ass skunk smeel is nowhere around me..

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by 1Crisis

Yeah, that's an irrelevant point.

Strong people don't need or see the need of those substances. Weed isn't exactly good for you.

Well, that's not exactly true. I mean William Shakespeare, John Lennon, Edgar Allen Poe, Bill Gates, Morgan Freeman and Jimi Hendrix were all notable figures in history and they smoked pot. And George Washington smoked hemp. Maybe they didn't fit your definition of strong, but they're definitely not losers.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
anyone remember the worst drug ever? NICOTINE!!!

and don't forget ALCOHOL!!!

why smoke something that is hugely addictive, doesn't do anything positive for you and makes you essentially a drag?

at least cannabis makes you feel good and is not addictive...

***NOT PROMOTING DRUG USE...***

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by funny_pom

Nicotine has a bunch of negative effects and is the worst and stupidest drug to get addicted to. People who are addicted to nicotine only think that smoking a cigarette clears their mind and makes them calm.

In reality all it does is clear and calm the addiction. But thats good enough for me. xD

Alcohol = :w:

And that = a piss load of fun.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

Very true, girrrrl.

But that's still only .000000001% of people who've done drugs. Jimi Hendrix gave up his life for an addiction. I don't think that sort of thing is admirable at all. How many change makers do you know that do drugs? From my experiences, drugs tend to gravitate towards those who don't make very wise choices. This being a punk rock and later on a graffiti scene, but still. I do know a few AMAZING writers who may or may not be under the influence of an plant...

To each their own, you know?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I heard nicotine was the single most addictive substance after heroin... I wonder if there's any truth to that.. Seems likely.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My little sister started out with the small stuff. Next thing you know she's doing something heavier, and finally ended up as an IV "H" user. I'm against drug use. And for God sakes, don't send me a u2u on the matter, because you'll never alter my opinion on this. It was a real eye opener to have something like this affect my family. The affect on my parents was horrible!

For my kids, DARE didn't keep my kids drug free. Seeing my sister the way she was scared the holy crap out of my kids and they never touched drugs. My sister has only been clean now for a couple of years, she's 36 yrs old now, lost all 3 of her kids 10 years back, and has to live with that for the rest of her life. So for half of her life she abused drugs.

Geez I'm scared to say the name of the substance for fear of the T&C.
I think there are strong willed people, and I think there are weak willed people. I think there are people that have led a fair life, and I think there are people that have lived a pretty crappy life, and substance abuse for them, is a way of escaping their problems instead of dealing with them.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

I heard nicotine was the single most addictive substance after heroin... I wonder if there's any truth to that.. Seems likely.

Im not sure if it is the MOST addictive substance, meth is as far as i know... But it is Definitely at the top of the scale.

Alcohol is a bad drug, only because it is so easy to get your hands on, and so easy to abuse. You cant die in a car crash because you had a ciggy.
In moderate amounts alcohol is fine, not just OK but good for you too.
1 standard drink a day is harmless (to an adult mind you) but to excess it is nasty.

So i would say to DARE, educate people about Tobacco and booze first, as they are the legal ones.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
You know some of those burnouts are professional athletes or popular musicians. And I am only talking about THC when I say that.

Mushrooms are a different story. The reason shroom users hallucinate is because it makes your brain bleed.

No, no they dont. Psilocybin (the main active agent in many mushroom varieties) is a psychoactive chemical in the tryptamine family that interacts with the brain, but certainly doesnt make it bleed.

This is the type of drug disinformation that groups like DARE propagate. If you want to educate kids do it properly and cut the BS, be honest.

Seriously, overhaul the whole system, dish out nothing but scientific evidence and established fact, and teach them this info at a reasonable age (when they can understand it) instead of trying to brainwash you when your young.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So just because someone is famous means they are not a loser?

I beg to differ. Look at Sid Vicious, I am a Sex Pistols fan and I think Sid Vicious was a loser. He was a Junkie. I have the same oppinion about Jim Morrison, great artist, major junkie and sort of a loser if you ask me.

Edgar Allen Poe, great writer, but he was extremily neurotic and you could probably consider him a loser too.

It's all based on perspective.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Psilocybin is like serotonin does serotonin make your brain bleed ??? no

In fact Psilocybin like '___' dampens the activity of the Raphe cells at the back of the brain
these cells are "inhibitors" and they inhibit some of the oldest most important parts of the brain and when '___'\Psilocybin comes in (this is the trippy part) '___' or Psilocybin dampens the Raphe cells
Inhibiting the Inhibitors

or put simply to a moron, " Psilocybin lets the oldest parts of your brain go out and .....play... by telling the Raphe cells to cool their interference.

It's been a myth for quiet a while now that shrooms makes your brain bleed, and even science won't bust the myth to some ignorant users. You really shouldn't take what I say very seriously, I was only joking. Maybe I should have put this
little icon after my joke.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
So just because someone is famous means they are not a loser?

No, not at all. But some of these famous people have assured that weed has enhanced their performance or thought process. Making them better at what they do. Some of them have even relied on it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

Hey sorry, didnt realize you weren't being serious. Its hard to determine sarcasm online.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ive never taken the DARE program, I have taken similar programs, and whever that happens, I find myself in heated arguements against the officer telling us whatever they have to say, when it comes to meth, heroin or coke, T wont argue thats it not bad, but like, when they say weed causes people to kill people, no, the person already had the intent to kill, stuff like that, but I remember the last arguement, and it was then that it became very clear to me that it really is all about money, they dont want you doing drugs because they cant make money off of it, well, for things like weed and shrooms, heck, they are even illigalizing salvia in most places, probably because they cant make money off of it, and when I say they, I mean generaly, whoever could make money off it, like nicotine, lots of money to be found there.

I also do think that people need to watch them selves, more then once I have heard "Oh, I only smoke weed" then it goes to "oh, I only do natural drugs like weed and shrooms" then it goes to "oh, well i dont do really hard drugs, only weed, shrooms, E, salvia, acid" amd twice have I had friends end up doing heroin and meth, as much as most people would like to say weed isnt a gateway drug, it really really is.

and me? well I am a caffeine junky.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm going to wrap this up by saying I used my brain to make the decision for my lifestyle and I didn't need DARE to force their beliefs down my throat to make these decisions. Neither do you. Neither does anybody.

Your words are so true. It's alway nice to read your point of view on life, the universe, and everything. I hope these are not the last days in which we still have the right to our own beliefs and thoughts.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

Green is a whole different ballgame. I'm talking about the famous people who get on the H and stuff like that.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was always a fan (read: not a fan) of the Stand Tall organization. What they do is come into schools and try to coerce you into joining their "Stand Tall" group. At my school, the teachers gave us pamphlets that we had to take home and have our parents sign that they saw it... I don't think every school does that though.

Anyways, once you join Stand Tall you have basically agreed to allow them to randomly pee test you for drugs and alcohol whenever they see fit. To hell with privacy, drugs are bad, m'kay?

Man I hated high school. Glad to be rid of it. Mine was full of stupid ape jocks, pregnant 15 year olds, and burned out stoners anyways... my motive to not do drugs is I would rather have ran those kids over with a semi than do "business" with them.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

I'm going to wrap this up by saying I used my brain to make the decision for my lifestyle and I didn't need DARE to force their beliefs down my throat to make these decisions. Neither do you. Neither does anybody.

Your words are so true. It's alway nice to read your point of view on life, the universe, and everything. I hope these are not the last days in which we still have the right to our own beliefs and thoughts.

Aw, that means a lot to me. Thank you. And I agree. I really hope people start to question conformity - especially when conformity means being ignorant to a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join