It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.I.J.O.E

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I grew up with G.I. Joe, the Real American Hero. It taught the kids, how to stand up for their country, and to stand up against bullies. And how Cobra La, was evil. Maybe they knew something we didn't at that time.
So when was Joe, European?

Here is the movie plot line from imdb.com

A European-based military unit known as Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.),
a hi-tech, international force of special operatives takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer.
Visit link for more information.
G.I.J.O.E.

Coming out 2009

Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity
Just another way Hollywood is frowning on Nationalism.
Do you want to know what Paramounts excuse was, "We feel that it will not do well over seas."

According to some sources, out there the movie plot line was been changed.
But this is something I will be following. If the plot stays the same, I will not see this movie.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wait what? G.I. Joe is European?! Those Liberal ninnies! I really don't care if Hollywood has an "Anti-nationalist" point of veiw. G.I. Joe, like you said is a real American Hero! Now lets break that down a little: Real American, now the way I see it the key word in this phrase is American. I will not be seeing this movie if they continue with their "Globalization" agenda! Shame Hollywood, shame on you. :shk:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Get a grip

Message to G.I Joe Fans

Hasbro’s G.I. Joe Team wanted to take this opportunity to clarify some of the facts regarding the G.I. Joe live-action movie that we are developing with Paramount Pictures.

First and foremost, we are not changing what the G.I. Joe brand is about. The name “G.I. Joe” will always be synonymous with bravery and heroism.

The G.I. Joe brand has enjoyed a successful 43-year history, spanning two key generations. The first was the line of 12-inch “realistic military” figures that were popular with kids in the 1960s and 1970s.

The second generation, was created in 1982, and is based on a cast of fictional heroes and villains that make up the “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra” fantasy. The premise of this fantasy is the story of the G.I. Joe team, led by Duke, and their “fight for freedom wherever there is trouble” against the evil Cobra Commander and his Cobra force. This storyline was an instant hit with kids in the early 1980s, spawning a highly popular 3-3/4-inch action figure line, comic book collection and animated series.

This movie will be a modern telling of the “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra” storyline and its compelling characters that Hasbro created 25 years ago. The G.I. Joe team will not be based in Brussels. Instead, they will be based out of the “Pit” as they were throughout the 1980s comic book series. And, in keeping with the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra fantasy, the movie will feature characters and locations from around the world. Duke, the lead character and head of the G.I. Joe team, will embody the values of bravery and heroism that the first generation of G.I. Joe figures established.

G.I. Joe is a very important property to Hasbro and we thank all of our fans for their enthusiasm. Without all of you, the brand would not be where it is today.

Thank you.

www.hasbro.com.../Item&newsid=F285F255-D56F-E112-46FAEBF95750D7E9

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
New pics of Ray Park(Darth Maul) as Snake Eyes. Looks pretty freaking cool.

With Ray playing Snake Eyes, you know he'll be a bad mofo. I'm just concerned with this Byung Hun Lee playing Storm Shadow. I'd rather have someone with a martial arts background playing a ninja. Donnie Yen?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

The Dude is Korean: Therefore he's done national service, his TKD will be a pretty darn good level.

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join