It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?Wow. I just stepped outside and everything feels different!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
DG, not tonight. However, about three years ago, during the spring of the year, it felt as if a new earth was being born right before my eyes. Everything just looked different, The grass looked different. The trees had more of a vibrancy to them... It lasted all that spring and then things just seemed to take on the same dull, uninteresting appearance as it always, at least to me, had before.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well DG I'm in beautiful Woostah! Worcester for those outside of New England and I'm sorry to report all feels the same to me. Do you have a fever, allergies, or anything like that?

Becker

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well i did notice something this morning.

Since the moment i woke up it really feels like friday, but it is only wednesday. And i knew that too.
And I still have to work the next 2 days like normal.
Why does it feel like Friday?
My co-worker says the same thing which was weird, and then your post made me think of that.

As far as the whole world feeling different?
That happened to me back in April this year. and it had nothing to do with the weather. Still feels like I slipped into another dimension that night. Might be happening to everyone at different retes, but I think something is definitely happening.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MonoIonic_Gold

MonoIonic, that is precisely how I felt, but it lasted for me during the whole season...It was weird.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I usually feel like that during a hangover!
Nothing two aspirin can't take care of.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Woostah! I love it- I was there to see "Dancing with the Stars" on tour...
Had a great time!!!
Seems the only time i go there is to see a show!

Everything seemed ok today. Someone put it perfectly when they said it feels like you're in a vaccum or bubble and everything is compressed.
That was weird!!! I didnt know i had so much company!!!
What a strange world this is!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

My other thought based on your original post is it could have been nicotine depravation. A very grave condition!

Beckah

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Has happened to me before in the past, having a cigarette outside, just stargazing and feeling perfect clarity of everything around me, its like you really are part of something and has meaning, it is very strange but enjoyable, i wish i could have it again but i think certain mechanics in everything have to be attuned for it to work.

Or it could be some random phenemenon, but its bizarre nonetheless

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That happens to me sometimes, but lemme put it this way, I am an alcoholic, and I have smoked pot a time or two. But it does happen when completely sober sometimes. So I suggest you just remember the feeling. The reality we think we live in, is only the surface, and our mentality and upbringing helps to skew it for us. There are moments of clarity, sometimes referred to as an epiphany. Enjoy it when you feel it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I used to have several moments like these in my high school years, mostly during football practices, and other completely random times. It's a feeling of not being there, but you are there. I would be fine, and then all of a sudden, I would space out, maybe a daze, but still focused on what I was doing at that time. Things would feel fuzzy, and possibly a bit distorted. You could look around at everything, but it's like someone slowed down time, and you were in a different motion as well. It's really hard to describe. Sorta like your brain thinks you are watching a movie, but you are in it, and your brain gets confused. I dunno. I snap outta it anywhere from 15 sec, up to an hour or 2.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpadeofAces
I used to have several moments like these in my high school years, mostly during football practices, and other completely random times. It's a feeling of not being there, but you are there. I would be fine, and then all of a sudden, I would space out, maybe a daze, but still focused on what I was doing at that time. Things would feel fuzzy, and possibly a bit distorted. You could look around at everything, but it's like someone slowed down time, and you were in a different motion as well. It's really hard to describe. Sorta like your brain thinks you are watching a movie, but you are in it, and your brain gets confused. I dunno. I snap outta it anywhere from 15 sec, up to an hour or 2.

You summed it up right there. I get these feelings all the time. I'm not a big drinker or do drugs. These feelings just as you described happen to me most of the time while I'm driving. It's the most uncomfortable situation, due to the fact it's really hard to keep concentrating on the road while trying to "get back into my body" so to speak. They can last for hours at times and are really scary. Sometimes, they even bring on anxiety attacks for me.

This is something that does need an explanation for, it's quite puzzling.

A_L

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
First of, i want you all to know that i am drug free, and dont drink but occasionally. Tonight is not the night.

I just went outside to get a pack of cigs from my car and things felt different!!! I cant explain it but it didnt seem "real"...the lawn, the street, the car, the truck, my deck...it all felt different.

Has anyone been outside and experienced something similar tonight?

Please please let me know. I am totally freaked out!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sorry I hit reply before I had written it...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
some of you seem to be describing a more euphoric experience, which i can't relate to.

for the others who are describing an unexplainable, confusing type of experience... i would guess it's a chemical imbalance. lack of serratonin, too much, i don't know?

i had the same issues before. dizzy, light-headed, nothing seems real, everything is a dream or a thought, sweating, rapid pulse... i had been physically evaluated a few times by different doctors to no avail.

finally one prescribed me paxil. 2 weeks later the symptoms were gone and i was back to life as usual. i tried getting off before but the symptoms came back. paxil doesn't seem affect me in any noticable short term or long term way.

if these feelings are affecting productivity in your life, i suggest an anti-depressant. if you are against it for whatever reason, perhaps a change in diet (low stimulants, no caffeine) and some physcological therapy could help alleviate these symptoms. drugs do not work for everyone, as these symptoms are probably not all caused by the same thing...

just my input.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
for alot of people (like me), just taking a good multi-vitamin every day has the same effect as an anti-depressant because our (my) brains are not running with .. all the necessary bits, heh.

[edit on 10/31/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Was there by chance a powercut?

I have had this feeling a few times.
It is a small dose of natural euphoria, it is the brains natural release of endorphins, sometimes we feel it.
Drugs can fake this but its just a false version and obviously a bad thing.
Total natural euphoria is hard to find but is much better than the fake drug induced version and only gives you good, no bad.

It sounds bizarre but I bet you felt anything was possible, you felt confident, secure, almost like you just had a weight lifted from you and that feeling of realisation and satisfaction.
Like all problems where gone and that for that one moment you was totally free from burdens, problems and stresses.
A complete sense of self awareness and wide eyed and not tired, not hungry, not thirsty, no pain, just total relaxation and happy.

[edit on 31/10/07 by eagle32]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, it happens to me very often.
(That's assuming we ARE talking about the same experience, which is not a given.)
It's been like that for quite a few years now, but it's more pronounced (i.e. I am much more acutely aware of it - and of its importance as a valid "insight" or experience) since I started experiencing time as if I were observing it - sort of "reminiscing" about this moment now - from the distant future. (I started a thread on that a few months ago.)

And I am also an alcohol- & drug-free person.

P.S. I recognise the feeling as a "superior" - i.e. a more truthful - insight into reality. I don't have any problems with it; in fact, I invite it.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bizone

No, this was not anxiety or anything like that. This was just a feeling that i tried to describe but its not anxiety. I know what anxiety feels like

Trust me!

Careful with Paxil, when you stop taking it you will feel very very weird, like you're separated from your body. Seriously. Good drug but dangerous!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Did you by any chance have a somewhat feeling of sadness? I did, that was part of what i felt along with the void type feeling that things were not like they were. Its hard to describe!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

!

Yes! The first few times - DEFINITELY!

It was only later that it started to fade.

We MAY be talking about the same thing, after all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join