It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.6 San Francisco Bay Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just felt this one...about 30 miles from where we are near Milpitas, CA

MAP 5.6 2007/10/31 03:04:55 37.432 -121.776 9.2 SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Checking that map doesn't seem very deep compared to others. I doubt the higher to land ones are problematic. Although, are they the precursor to something huge? Got me, not an expert.

I did read that the lowest portion of the San Andreas is 150 years overdue.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
according to my local sflorida news, no reports of major damage
and it was centered 9 miles from San Jose.

stay safe people.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This one was 5.7 miles below the Earth's surface, The closer they are to te surface the stronger the shaking, ect,

www.emsc-csem.org...

If you are in the area affected please take care over the coming days as after shocks can occour,

quake.usgs.gov...

Callers to the Times reported feeling the jolt at least as far east as Oakley as well as in Clayton, Danville and Walnut Creek.

www.contracostatimes.com...

[edit on 30-10-2007 by asala]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, to me, it felt like the previous 4's that happened earlier on in the year. I was here tending to my boy as he hurt himself earlier and all sudden I started feeling the couch move a bit; thought it was him wiggling. But then the shaking started more and more...nothing fell over or anything.

Here's some video footage from our local news station:
KTVU - Quake Update

Yeah and it was kinda longer than the usual jolts.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I live in San Jose and it was a big rolly polly shake! Enough to make you think wtf? But I don't think there will be much damage!

I hope not!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Here's more footage, mentioning it was from the Calaveras fault:
Difference Between the Calaveras and Hayward Fault

This is a list of smaller quakes. So far about 13 aftershocks from this quake.

Yes, and like the Meteorologist said in the vid, this was the largest we had since the Loma Prieta.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
We were 30 miles gove or take from the epicenter in Palo Alto and it was a pretty strong shake. But no damage. Spoke to our tenants in San Jose and there was no damage to our house there which was 9 miles from the epicenter.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
More footage from Yahoo:
San Francisco Coverage of Bay Area Earthquake

I'm feeling several little jolts here and there.

I was wondering how it was before the Loma Prieta. I remember a 5 pointer before that one struck. Found this article:

Inspired by this discovery, Korneev conducted a similar analysis of the seismic activity that preceded the 1989 magnitude 7.0 Loma Prieta earthquake, which was also sparked when a portion of the San Andreas Fault shifted. He focused his attention on the area to the west of Hayward Fault zone and the other seismically active areas adjacent to the epicenter. In the two months prior to the Oct. 17 quake, seismic activity increased to about eight times above normal levels. This peak was followed by a decrease in activity leading up to the powerful earthquake.

Prelude to an Earthquake?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
More updated footage:
USGS Updates Quake findings

top topics

join