It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for US economic collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In this day and age it is best to keep your powder dry, and keep a well stocked reserve of junk silver for trade and purchases as well as some coin for paying taxes.
I also strongly urge anyone that has not already begun to start growing non genetically modified non hybridized foods that will continue to give you sustenance when the bottom drops out of the dollar.
We are headed for the worst case scenario wheather or not you want to acknowledge it. The only real thing of importance is your survival and the survival of your family and close friends. There is another side to all of this if you can live long enough to get there. You must become self reliant now and form your aliances with people of like mind.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Garden ready to bloom and guns loaded.

Really, though... We'll see what the outcome of the collapse will be and how rapidly we'll find another source of "wealth" to sustain the reset put on the economy. I don't think it'll be a scene from the first 15 minutes of a Terminator movie, but I think the majority of us will be under immense strain and stress.

I'm really worried too, for me, this is a worst case scenerio. When I was growing up my great grandma always told me stories of what the great depression did to her family. They were very, very wealthy and were even the third family in Utah to own a car. After the oppression she was shining shoes and living in an two bedroom apartment with another family. It's wild to consider what all could happen if we don't play our cards right.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Rivergoddess, you are so right about that. I have been a single dad for 7 years, and have seen it get harder each year, financially. I do the same with clothes. My L.P. was .529 six years ago and now 1.975. I am sorry that it had to get this bad because it is the children that hurt the worst. But as long as you truly supply them with love and do the best you can I see that they appreciate it so much. I am a meatcutter in a small town and the prices went way up in just the past few months that I only buy what I have to there, the rest in a bigger store, and sad as it is, the forecast is for more increases very soon. Anyway this is my first post as I just joined, been a reader for sometime, but your post got me going...have a good day!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
LOKEY, Oh dear yet another delluded American, Look its quite simple those who run America and I dont mean the Goverment or the people are squeezing it dry and when they have finished America will be thrown on the scrap heap.

Will that mean the end of America of course not, will it be the end of its super power status yes it will. These events are historical and have been played out many times before. The next victim China, is already being set up for the same treatment.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
2c thrown in from an Aussie.

If it happens and your economy goes wholeheartedly to the bottom of the pool, all i can say is god save you. I don't mean to offend, BUT, what happened in the aftermath of Katrina??? Much helping of others was there??? Lots of aiding your fellow man??? Or lots of bugger off i have a gun and I am taking....?

If your economy does go belly up, here in Australia, ( I am no economist ) but so far the effects have been non exsistant. We know your dollars been sliding and sliding and nothing here. In fact we have had to revalue our dollar lower to stop the little bugger shotting off the charts!!!!!! It reached the 90c to a yank dollar mark, we revalued at 79 and 3 weeks later it was up to 88 again, cheeky little bastard. But then we are selling everything thats not nailed down to anyone who wants it!!!!! China, India, Russia all get our Uranium ( oh yes ) and anything else they want. ( we ARE descended from thieving criminals remember?? think of us as a nation of pirates...... in suits ]

If you go, the EU will tremble at the very least, they MAY hold, but I think it could be a stretch yet possible. We here in Aus would tremble a little to but I think we'd hold. ( selling everything to Asia and anyone else who wants it does have benefits. ) HOWEVER, we have witnessed the same loss of manufacture as you guys, bu we do have a strong aid your fellow convict mentality here so it will be interesting!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Time will tell, and I'm pretty sure I'll still be typing away on my computer when that time comes: still.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Lokey13]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

not just an economic collapse but being taken over as captives by our enemies that the present administration thinks are our friends--mexico? german led european economic community ?---------the biblical books of leviticus 26 and deuteronomy 28 are prophetical announcements to the usa and uk and judah of our collapse due to rejecting the laws of G-D that our fathers abraham,isaac and jacob grew to love and abided by-------we can be blessed by keeping these laws or cursed by rejecting them--------our peoples refuse to keep the simplest of G-Ds laws-------sunday/friday was never the sabbath------never will be------pork is unhealthy to consume for all human beings --not just the jews.we dont have a schmick of whats right or wrong thanks to the treachrous religious leaders that lie to our countries---xmas is nowhere to be found in the scriptures yet our english speaking peoples hold onto it as the most high holy day of the entire year.and tonight is about the most satanic ritual observation of the year again not found in the scriptures but rather a teaching of a church that claims to be G-Ds but rejects Them by false teachings.G-Ds holy times found in leviticus 23 are ignored /rejected and not kept even by the jews at the correct time due to their rabbis "outsmarting"? G-D and coming up with their own calendar-------rejecting G-Ds------our so called leaders are just the chief of the lemmings leading us into the scheduled end time swim dip without most of us having learnt to swim first.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ok, so is there actually any real info in this article outside of stating that something will happen because it usually happens an it should happen?

this is something along the lines of saying 'you're going to die!' which is only true in the realm of all things in our species do. This is just sensationalist crap so someone can try to gain some recognition. Give a date or very close range, and maybe peopel will take it seriously.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm just tallying up the score of people who think this is bogus, thank you for the about 85% pro-bogus rating. Get some actual proof that our infrastructure is crumbling, an I don't mean a picture of george w. I want some numbers saying we are losing money, and that other countries are steadly gaining a huge amount.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As far as Infrastructure crumbling, I think there was a bridge in Minnesota. All the Income Tax isn't enough to pay the interest on the National Debt. We HAVE to borrow 3 BILLION a day to stay afloat. Fine and Dandy you say? Problem: your lenders are cutting you off.

But yeah, you're right, everythings great.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What's more intelligent, saying the economy won't collapse and being caught with your pants down if it does...

...Or saying the economy might collapse and being personally prepared for it just in case, especially considering personal preparedness for that will benefit you in every way whether it happens or not?

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst... You'll never go wrong with that.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I grow my own plants, I could prob. sustain myself for some time, and in reference to the guy whos still stuck in the lord of the rings, every country is in debt. It's the way the world turns.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
I grow my own plants, I could prob. sustain myself for some time, and in reference to the guy whos still stuck in the lord of the rings, every country is in debt. It's the way the world turns.

Snide remarks about peoples avatars does reveal your school yard mentality.

Yes, countries have debt. We can't pay the interest on ours! What happens to you if you can't pay the interest on your debts?:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by svenglezz

You know NOTHING of my personal life. My dad and uncle are NOT rich. They barely break even most years. As for me, I live completely independently from them and not even in the same town. I've had to work for everything I got without handouts.

Your healthcare system in Canada is great. I've talked to two of the Canadian mothers giving birth at Deaconess Hospital in SPOKANE, WA the same time my daughter was born. Yeah, they did nothing but praise the system that forced them to the US to give birth to their infants.

--Just my French/Canadian Cree Indian living in the United States 2-cents worth!! (the U.S. penny is still worth more than the Canadian penny last time I checked

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I completely agree. We are in such BIG trouble and so many people are blind to it. It's time to prepare. Grow your garden, get that well dug and buy some ammunition while you're at it. My husband drives truck and few realize that our country would be out of food in as little as 2 days if the trucks can't afford to move due to the price of fuel. FEMA is trying to kill our country along with the government. Anyone seen how FEMA sits on their butts when natural disasters hit?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is somthing a friend sent me...

www.321gold.com...

Your Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
One thing that we all need to consider is that we ALL need to work together to get thru what will definily be the worst time that this country of ours has seen in most of our lives.

We need to remember that if we stand alone we will all surley fall but together we can survive thru this. Share ideas of food storage, water storage, home meds, home schooling for our children. These are all things that we can study and learn to do with very little out of pocket expense. Even if you live in a large city you can grow a small back yard garden, bottle your own water, can and preserve your own food..I do it all of the time with over 700 quarts and pints of fresh home canned food on the shelf right now. remember not frozen!! If the electric is off frozen will do you no good! Just things for you all to consider. Lets think and act as one to over come this. God is our savyour, just remeber he gave us all common sense lets put it to good use!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join