It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for US economic collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Prepare for US economic collapse

abundanthope.net

Fuel shortages will precipitate shortages of food, medicine, and
countless consumer items, outages of electricity, gas, and water,
breakdowns in transportation systems and other infrastructure,
hyperinflation, widespread shutdowns and mass layoffs, along with a
lot of despair, confusion, violence, and lawlessness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Article is based on a study done about the fall of the USSR. Grim news, that some of us have been expecting for a couple of years now.

abundanthope.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

That article is located here with many more of these "slides" and research.

www.energybulletin.net...

[edit on 30-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Great !!! this is the best news all day. The sooner we get rid of this system the sooner we can start another one woo hoo !!!

I just hope the next one doesn't involve me paying 35% of my income to the guys that invented the system just to pay the interest on the same money they loaned the country to use as currency in the first place, because apparently that system doesn't work very well.

Thank goodness I never made any plans for the future !

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWRHINO
Great !!! this is the best news all day. The sooner we get rid of this system the sooner we can start another one woo hoo !!!

I just hope the next one doesn't involve me paying 35% of my income to the guys that invented the system just to pay the interest on the same money they loaned the country to use as currency in the first place, because apparently that system doesn't work very well.

Thank goodness I never made any plans for the future !

Who's income? Is it you? Is "your" Social Security number being used? because that's not you. Follow the teamlaw link and read under "Patriot Mythology"

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

I think you may be correct. The only reason they're wrecking this one is to build the bigger one. Happily, God is in charge, and their plans will come to not. Unfortunately for us, we will pay for our lack of vigilance before this is over.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is great Anhinga, thanks for posting.

I was wondering though, how do you (i.e; the people of ATS) think that the economic collapse of the U.S will affect other countries not of the U.S but allies thereof?

Will England/Europe have to bail out the U.S?

Will Russia rise to become the RWO (Red world order, just for fun.) that was popularised in videogames such as Red alert 2?

Will our far-eastern allies have a part to play?

There are many questions i have concerning the 'fallout effect' on countries around the world, not only America - some countries may grow stronger while other countries grow weaker, due to lack of U.S intervention.

For example; The U.N would no longer be able to directly rely on America's military might as a trump-card in the case of war.

It's possible that if The U.S economy plummets, Global politics may irrevocably change for the worse (i'm not going to be mean and say that it'll change for the better, for a change.).

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Actually, I think this could do a lot of good for the U.S. and the world. No one is left to "forgive" the debt! There'd have to be peace truces among all countries. Maybe even leading to end of nukes and peaceful methods of energy from the power, some progress in countries, Mavlev trains worldwide. Yeah, I'm sorta rooting for this.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Silent weapons for a quiet war, we will just make the switch to the Amero when the North American Union takes effect in a few years. Not sure how this will effect people who actually own property or have any real money in the bank.

We will have to turn in all our currency at a 10-1 ratio to get the credit chip implant so you can buy authorized goods and services.

The crashing of the economy is mainly to prevent any upstart "Liberty dollar type" private non-fed banking ventures.

..and to make life "off the grid" nearly impossible (nearly)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I've read Economists recently who analogize it with a game of musical chairs. Unfortunately for America, the shopping mall regime has blinded us to the need to look for a chair. Our manufacturing base has been sold.

When the fiat currencies of the world come down, physical resources will rise. Manufacturing and Energy will rule! China and Russia are working hard to get control of the necessary Energy, and if we mess with that, they'll bring down our Fiat house of cards just like they threatened to.

Worst of all, when they do call in our debt, all we have is the Land Nixon (and every Pres carried on) started setting aside to cover our debts.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWRHINO
we will just make the switch to the Amero when the North American Union takes effect in a few years.

Not if us 'Nucks have anything to say about it.
If Harper was to attempt the move to the Amero, he'd be linched.

The Amero isn't much good without Canada and Mexico signing on. Harper is already suffering some major political blowback for being too Bush friendly and isn't likely to be around very long.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say an economic collapse has already happened in the United States, at least for the lower and middle classes.

Sure, if you are rich, things are GREAT! But, if you live day to day like most of the United States population, these ridiculous gas prices along with price increases on just about EVERY necessity (groceries especially) are crippling you financially.

Is it any wonder so many in the United States are slaves to credit?

We should all band together and make it a point to NEVER vote for another politician that doesn't make getting rid of the Federal Reserve part of their platform and goal.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
We should all band together and make it a point to NEVER vote for another politician that doesn't make getting rid of the Federal Reserve part of their platform and goal.

I hope you are prepared to never vote again.

Running on a mandate of removing the Federal Reserve would be political (and mayhap, literal) suicide. Those special interest guys who are making a killing off this scam aren't going to just stand idly by.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm poor as dirt. I work at Wal-Mart making about $17,000 a year, before taxes, and that's what I'm getting after 4 years there.

My credit card and my car are my only debts, about $4,000 worth. Anyone have any ideas how I can eliminate that quickly?

Once that's out of the way, I don't see how an economic crash can do anything but level the playing field and bring the rich closer to me. It's not like I can go much further down.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Yeah. I do.

Get a new job that requires you not to work at War-Mart.

Consider going into the tradework. I went from $12.00/hr being a service mechanic to $32.00/hr on average in the trade like REAL FAST. There's no easy way out of debt except for hard work and not working at wal mart. Those jobs in that pay range are for a certain demographic. The demographic that stays broke and uses credit to pay for common needs. I would look at your local Pipe, electrical, or civil labor union.

I couldn't do it for a career because I'm a "free spirit" but it's definitely handy stuff to know, good pay and benefits, there's always work, union or not, and just becoming mechanically inclined is a benefit in its own.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Get a new job that requires you not to work at War-Mart.

It's not that easy for everyone.
I don't know the guy's circumstance, and neither do you.

If he's caught in a rough spot, your comment could be quite condescending.
I've been through rough crap myself, so I can relate.

You're still right, though. The best way to not be in that kind of situation is through hard work, doing what it takes, and sticking it out.

mattifikation:
Walmart is evil.
Quit that crap job as soon as possible!
4 years is too damned long.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
its gonna get bad enough where its gonna be who has guns and who don't have guns wait and see.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Anyone can secure a better job and leave the other one. I think people in that same situation see no way out of their current situation other than just succumbing or getting lucky, and neither of those have to be the case. I was literally in the same shoes. Hated life, broke, had 4400 dollars out in credit. I got on the net, found a job hiring electrical apprentices for a "project in Las Vegas," and I left for a better job. Worked my ass off, learned how to weld, learned how to drive every piece of machinery in the field and away I went. I did it for a little over 3 years and the last year I cleared over $80,000 before taxes. Mind you that was 7/12's for nearly the whole year and an equal amount of frustration.

Just remember Matt.. Progress doesn't always have to be a slow process. Don't ever give up on yourself or your situation either, because it always gets better if YOU make it that way. If you want more information on anything, just throw me a U2U.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Now its time for mexico to strike........MWO, mexican world order

Woohoo

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
This is great Anhinga, thanks for posting.

I was wondering though, how do you (i.e; the people of ATS) think that the economic collapse of the U.S will affect other countries not of the U.S but allies thereof?

Will England/Europe have to bail out the U.S?

The EU is swimming in debt itself and many of her economies are in a shambles, just look at France. In some cases it is worse off than the US. We should be talking about the coming EU collapse as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Consider going into the tradework. I went from $12.00/hr being a service mechanic to $32.00/hr on average in the trade like REAL FAST. There's no easy way out of debt except for hard work and not working at wal mart. Those jobs in that pay range are for a certain demographic. The demographic that stays broke and uses credit to pay for common needs.

Hmm I would have thought $32 an hour would be in that deomographic as well, no offence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join