It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think for the first time in about 20 years i feel 'secure'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i really do and i am all friggin giddy about it...
i can feel it within myself.

i am very paranoid about my house getting broken into again. i don't like to leave the windows open.
i hear stuff and i jump up to look out the window and i jump to look out the window or out back for no reason.
100 times a day and that don't help my pain.
it would do me well to nap during the day but most of the time, unless i took my meds early i can't sleep cause i can't relax. my wife is gone and i am just worried.

never in a state of rest in my own home.
i have always had guns in the house but i still never felt totally secure. better, but worried. then i started keeping my pistol on my night table. then on n the computer desk also. then a shotgun under the bed. then my .25 on the table right here so i can grab it.
for a while i had a .20 gauge in the garage just in case i was out there.

still not secure.
called the smith, new deadbolts on front and back.
not yet

i got friggin wireless, night vision cameras with audio on the front and back of my house....
still don't feel right cause whats it's gonna do you know?

then, we get my main man, keller. my basset retriever home dude.
he makes me feel a lot beter. he is alert and he barks and it was ok but i still was uneasy.

we went and adopted another dog(pure basset) this weekend and i am SO SO SO happy at the results.
not only are they getting along great and my dude has a girlfriend now but it seems like i have my security.

they both have distinct barks. i know his and i can already tell hers.

so now that she is here, he wants to be outside more. he used to lay out in the front catching rays but not for long.
now, they just chill out front, laying next to each other, soaking up the rays and it looks to me like they are on the watch man.

it seems like the radius is about 5 houses down in either direction, on either side of the street and if someone gets in that radius, they kick in,

if it is across the street they lay there with a certain bark, till they are out of that radius.
if they are on this side of the street, they bark but it is much more intense.
if they are on this side of the street though and they come withing about 3 houses in either direction of this plays, they friggin bug.

i can hear the leads scramble, they bolt and it is the craziest bark you could hear.

so i can what is going on around here without getting up.
when it is the mailman though(and this was before her as well) it is absolutely crazy. if someone is on this property i am definately going to know about it.

now, as far as them actually biting anyone, i think that he would, MAYBE but i don't know....i do know that there are people that i talk to like the kid across the street and the guy that lives kiddy corner to me and if they see me outside and start to walk over, the dog bugs and i have to walk up to him and he comes with me.

if we walk up together, tail is wagging and all that but if they are coming up alone, they are not having it.

i know this thread probably sounds stupid but i have not felt safe for more than 20 years. i feel pretty darn secure now.
my doggies got my back man. they are watching over things.

i always tall em to watch the house too when i leave. sometimes when we come home, i will hit the back door with my ring or something and BOOM, friggin all hell breaks loose to that makes me confident that is someone were to try and slip in a window while i am gone, it's not happening.

i am very happy right now and feel pretty damn relaxed right now. i feel like i can actually sit down and get INTO what i am doing. everytime i catch a glimmer of light bouncing off my wifes whatever the hell kind of display case, i don't have to break my neck to look.

this is good

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Boondock78]

new topics

join