It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost 1 hr of my life...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I didn't know where to put this, so I put it in this section.

Back in 2003 my roommate and I woke up to go to college. We got ready and we left. As we exited the front door he asked me for the time. I said 7:45 AM we were way early. We walked 2 normal neighborhood blocks, about 3 houses big each to get to the bus stop. Then he asked me what time it was again... it was 8:55... I don't know how it happened, we were both late for class we went back and checked the alarm clock and it was on time as my watch and to tell you the truth it was really strange.

I don't really believe in paranormal and UFOs but I do believe in science. We lost about an hour of our lives walking a distance of approx. 200 yards. We always joke around that we're time travelers but still it was really odd. I know I'm going to get the typical answers of "Time is relevant" and you're wrist watch was bad. I have thought and calculated how long it takes me to walk 2 blocks and at a slow pace it takes me about 4 mins. But what are the odds of the wrist watch was in sync with my college's clock and going back and the alarm clock also being in sync?

Anyways, I wanted to share this with ATS people because I always get interesting answers.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I had this happen several times to me. If you open your mind a little more, maybe do some deep meditation, you will find the answer. Not to sound crazy, which I will, but oh well here goes....

It's most likely an abduction, plain and simple. I can't give you scientific facts, but I was as puzzled as you were until I really really opened my mind to all possibilities and started meditating and stuff, and I found out I was being abducted and visited by non-human intelligences. I still don't know much, though. Just that something a little whacked happens to me evfery once in a while, and when it does, I know who's been knockin'.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Can't tell for sure what happened there. Could be some plausible explanation or something way more serious. The aliens may have gotten you or it was simply a fluke, something easily explainable. Maybe indeed your time passed the way it should have without you two even realizing it.

The nature of my job is such that I very often stand on the streets deep inside my thoughts and before I know it, there goes an hour!

Interesting experience though.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Daylight savings dude, it messes with all of us sometimes.

Especially during the college years.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

edit: Woops. lol.

to the OP: Do you remember when this happened, month or date wise?

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Rasobasi420]

Maybe we should put out a warning. A change to daylight saving time to regular time is coming this week Sunday at 2AM.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It wasn't daylight savings, I'm very aware of that. My watch doesn't sync with daylights saving time by it's self.

I hope it isn't aliens because that would mean I should believe in them and I don't.

I can't recall the date it was more than 4 years ago. I do remember it being August tho.

I have done research about this and I know I'm not the only person, but all I have found is that those people claim to be abducted. I don't believe to be abducted and why only about an hour?

I think it could've been some type of displacement. Something else going on, some sort of travel. Anyways, has anyone else been through something like this and felt it wasn't an abduction?

new topics

top topics

join