It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please stop the reptilian thing?!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
OK I'll bite, even though reptiles are mentioned in the bible as serpents it does not mention if there were others like them. That is, the serpent got cursed and made to crawl on his belly and eat dust all his days. IMHO this could mean that he originally had arms and legs but I wasn't there so I don't know. Maybe there were other creatures similar to him? I don't know but as for them controlling our minds, pfffft.

Like so many others, please show me empirical evidence they exist and not some sorry youtube rehash.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Then why don't we close the whole forum while we are at it? We'll just accept our spoon fed reality we get from the education system and the media.

I guess the tripe we get from the media, supposedly being the "official and true" story of 911, is actually true. So let's not talk about things like this either. It's too fantastic to believe our government has some skeletons in their closets regarding 911.

Sure reptilians may not be the same topic as 911, but I'm just illustrating a point.

Of all the incredible things that have been witnessed by mankind over the vast number of years, why is the reptilian topic a problem?

The last time I checked, this is ATS. From all that I have read, I haven't seen evidence that disproves reptilians.

Sure, I'd like to see some more solid proof of reptilians myself though.

Troy

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
the difference is that 9/11 conspiracy theories consist of a little more than a story.

I aren't allowed to do a one line post so now I will pad it out even though the above line is all that needed to be said.

9/11 has lots of valid points, videos, documentation, photographs, audio, official government questionable actions, all that support the inside job angle.

So far all I have to go with for the lizardmen is David Icke's word, fuzzy youtube videos that prove nothing, a bad sounding b movie story, books based on just linking anything to a lizard race by theory only and well to be honest a lot of claims that don't hold any water.
Oh and unhelpful supporters that rather than explain, educate, prove or reason will rather just get aggressive that basically we aren't gullible enough to just take someones word on a far fetched story.

Why not put your money where your mouth is and prove they exist, that its real and shut all the sceptics up in one go?
Or are we to expect the same old excuse of 'if you cant disprove it then it means it must be real' which is the only argument ive heard so far.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
For me if ATS want to be a respectable imparcial forum nothing could be banished! Reptilians theory is so important as all the other ones.
If the subject brings so many guys talking about it, the way to go is to create a unique forum zone just for that subject, in the same way we have especific forum zones to other especific subjects.
As far as i can see, banishing reptilian topics is just fueling all the belivers, because they will think ATS is just ruled by "Agents" trying to descredit "the great truths"!!
In my opinion banishing reptilian topics was a very bad move, and brings lots of suspicious motives on the site rulers.
May we must banish also all the "Grey" topics? The hollow warth? Or the "Nessie" ones?, they are possible so crazy as reptilian ones...
Maybe ATS must change and start to be just a politic and terrorism debate forum. Some times it looks this is what the Admins and many members want!!
This is the only so called Conspiracy forun i know, where almoust all the conspiracys are debunked at light speed and stamped as hoaxes.This is in last analisis a conspiracy forum that do not belive in conspiracys!!

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
can we please stop the stop the reptilian thing threads?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

No, we can't and shouldn't.

It's pretty easy to see that the snake and reptiles are villified because they're dangerous and "unpredictable." If you were bit by a snake or a poisonous reptile, which I imagine would be fairly common, you would fall ill and in some cases die, with no logical explanation at that time.That kind of fear provokes an equal amount of respect. Ancient civilizations being so keen on mysticism, gave them their own story based on run ins with them in real life, as you can even see with most Native Americans in my own country.

Egyptians depicted men as dogs, birds, snakes, even crocodiles. Because of these heiroglyphics, should we suppose that "There's underground dogmen controlling the world in which we live." Or the same for birdmen, or the others? NO, we shouldn't. The only reason that the "reptile" is so prominent in folklore in these civilizations are because they are commonly found in EVERY REGION these ancient people lived in.

Use common reasoning. I swear to god, it will never fail you.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Absolutely unbelievable.

What happened to open-mindedness?

What happened to "respect for the opinions of others"?

I could create a new topic in 9/11 right now entitled "Can we please stop the 9/11 thing?!!" as there is no hard evidence supporting any of the proposed theories. If there *was* hard evidence then we wouldn't be sat here discussing it would we?! What is hard evidence anyway? How can we ever *truly* prove anything?

I prefer the open-minded approach myself - you know, the one that *doesn't* involve insults, petty bickering and sissy fits over topics that "I don't like, and will open a new topic about, because you know, my hatred of the topic is more important than the topic itself."

This whole “hatred” for the Reptilian thing really confuses me… why is the hatred so intense? Why are people so desperate to rid ATS of Reptilian talk? There are preposterous theories posted here on a daily basis, yet as a member of a website devoted to conspiracy theories and alternative discussion, it’s important for me to remain *open*.

Seriously people, grow up.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

Can we please also stop the UFO thing? No one's ever been able to prove it, so it can't be real. Same with ghosts. And while we're at it, let's stop the God thing too.
The bottom line is, if you don't like it, read something that interests you instead. Change the channel.
Don't whinge because the people who are interested in it don't want to hear you.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
But theres nothing to be interested in! thats the point, its a load of codswobble!

The only stuff you ever hear about them if from Crackerjacks on TV on conspiracy programmes who live in their houses with pans hanging from the roof or from gullible people on here who post youtube rubbish.

But i know people are going to say "but you're not denying ignorance! cry cry cry!"

"But we're allowed freedom of speech!"

SHUT UP and talk about something plausible pleassssssse, its Nuts like you people that believe in this crap that give conspiracists a bad name!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Why isn't Cryptozoology a suitable forum?

Anyone?

[edit on 31/10/07 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Is there anything more to it than a 'he said' or 'she said'??

That comprises most of the unexplained more times than not. I thought you would know that by now at least. That and anomalous, obscure and potentially dubious video/pictures is mostly what we go on.

I'm sick of the shape shifting videos (my goodness that was getting absurd) however I am not willing to refute the possibility, the witness accounts and yes even ANCIENT HISTORY around the world that mentions a race of serpent people.

It's one thing to have a bunch of misinformed people discredit the search and understanding of the mysterious with overzealous and erroneous connections as proof, but its another to assume we've got the whole mysterious phenomena solved and declare the entire possibility "dead".

Quetzalcoatl lives.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Others have already said it but I will go ahead and say it to because whining like this really gets on my nerves..
If you do not like a topic then DONT visit a thread that discusses that topic. Simple as that!
Threads like the OP's are a bigger waste of time than a thread that shows someone "morphing" into a reptile on youtube.

Besides, arent reptilians actually considered to be a so called "legit" alien race who are also known as Draconians?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Mom, please make it stop! Make it go away!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Use common reasoning. I swear to god, it will never fail you.

God huh?

Guess God too breaks down under the scrutiny of common reasoning you can impose on the spiritual beliefs of the ancients/ancestors.

I wonder why so many have carried on about this ("Sun" of) God for so long with no proof he actually exists? I'm sure SOME of those out there decrying the unproven claims of the historical existence of a Reptilian race still say a prayer from time to time.

Even more, I bet they actually believe it's being heard.

Reptilian eyewitness accounts/experiences can be sketchy, but hey...some people claim they saw Mary in a rain puddle.

Guess we're all a bunch of loonies.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree with Prote. Put the Reptilians in teh Cryptozoology area. I don't like the Reptilians threads simply because its always the same thing. Videos that are just formatted incorrectly or whatnot, but that isn't the true point. Yes there are those who believe it and Yes there are those who dont. It is just like everything else. I don't believe it for one, but if someone shows me a GOOD video of it, yes I may change my mind. Throw them in Cryptozoology. I will keep skipping over them just like I normally do.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Not literally, seeing as how I'm an athiest... But, yeah, I will agree we are ALL a bunch of loonies in different aspects. I can totally respect that.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, I have read all the responses and critiques. The last thing I want to be is a whiner! That's not my intent at all, in fact I enjoy a debate as much as anybody. I agree that we should keep an open mind open any and everything, especially on ATS.

My point is this.....there may be shreds of evidence that suggest certain things. UFO's.....maybe, there seems to be some evidence to support that they may or at least could exist. Ghosts, same sort of thing too. And, yeah you could go ahead and say that there really is no proof of just about anything, but we all know that there are things that our brains cannot wrap around.

But, the reptilian thing is so far whacked and comes from some deep seeded paranoia or fear of the things that it seems to manifest itself in the believer. Of course this is just my thoughts and opinions.

Yes I agree, if you don't want to read about it, then go somewhere else, again it is not my intent to complain about any particular belief whether I buy it or not. I just want to understand why this current fad is happening...what makes it believable at all?

Thanks for your time......Peace, Mondo

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
IF... I was an interdimensional reptile... controlling humans from a higher dimension... What would I do?

[edit on 31-10-2007 by MonoIonic_Gold]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I agree...just stop this non-sense.
I think a big ole reptilian is about to swallow this all up! THANK GOD!!!!
Oops...if they shut this down, then I won't have any comedy to read during my stressful days at work! Nevermind...some days I need the big belly laughs!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know that I posted something much more abrasive earlier, but what I think what the problem with the whole reptilian mess is how the believers on ATS present their beliefs. It's always described as "SHOCKING" or "Definitive proof" neither of which is ever the case. If you have something that you find interesting that may aid the cause of the reptile believers, just throw it out there nonchalantly and start a legitimate conversation. Don't say that it's shocking and then post a crappy compression error riddled youtube video. The only thing shocking about it is the testament to the poor quality of some uploaded videos on youtube. Have serious, mature, adult conversations about reptilians and maybe more people will take it seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join