It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Department to offer Online Security Alerts.(Yeah Right! more than meets the eye)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok this seems just a little odd. They are saying that they want to secure our nations infrastruture by giving us emails? There is more to these emails than meets the eye. I am willing to bet that these emails will contain government spyware.

The goal of improving the overall security of the Internet has been frustrated by increasingly complex software that can be difficult to secure and by hackers learning to launch sophisticated new attacks.

�There is a clear need for this kind of system to be developed,� said Amit Yoran, the Bush administration�s cyber security chief. �Receiving information from the Department of Homeland Security gives people a certain level of confidence.�

The announcement comes 11 months after such an Internet warning system was described in the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace, a series of proposals endorsed by the Bush administration and technology industry to improve online security.

Full Article here on MSNBC

Government US-Cert Website

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
kinda sounded fishy to me too.

I mean don't we have other organizations that already provide warnings regarding internet threats such as worms and virus, why do we suddenly need DHS to do it for us.

I won't be signing up.

[Edited on 1-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh great, just another way for US citizens to be scared and paranoid because they are trying to make us "safer". This would be funny to sign up for just to see what they say..."Muslim sighted in New York buying an Almanac, stay in your homes until further notice" Maybe they will come up with text messages for your cell phone as well to make us even more safe.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I agree with you guys... sounds "fishy" to me !!!

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ah, I figure someone at ATS will get it, and considering whenever I'm at a computer I'm on ATS, too, chances are I'll get to find out through them

Don't really trust that idea...(The government's, not my own
)

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Ah, I figure someone at ATS will get it, and considering whenever I'm at a computer I'm on ATS, too, chances are I'll get to find out through them

Don't really trust that idea...(The government's, not my own
)

I agree with junglejake. I'll just stick with ATS for my news alerts and warnings

new topics

top topics

join