It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Creationist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"I have determined, after extensive surveying, tabulation, and data analysis, that the average creationist in the US earns $21,387.29 in family income; owns 1.2 cars; 1.8 TV's, and 2.3 kids; and has, at some stage answered to the name "Bubba". He has less than one year of college. Yet he knows more about paleontology than Bakker or Horner (or he thinks that what they know is wrong--same thing). He knows more about the definition of evolution than Gould or Dawkins. He knows more about Biology than Dobzhansky or Mayr. He knows more about cosmology Hawking, Smoot or Witten and more about fossils than Jhanson or the Leakeys. He knows more "true" geology than geologists, more psychics than physicists, more astronomy than astronomers--and more about everything than atheists like Asimov or Sagan"

Found this somewhere and just wanted to know what the creationists and atheists both thought of it.

And no I am not having a go at creationists either but I definantly agree with it

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry mods, I put it in the wrong forum, can you change it or let me know how to?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Fifty views and no replies? Doesnt anyone have an opinion? Dont be afraid everyones opinion is welcomed and I wont bite

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ok, I'll jump in to save it dropping off the front page!

Totally agree with the sentiment behind the quote, which is 'Science works'.

But creationists have that book don't they? Makes all the difference.

Faith is a strange thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Irma

Thanks for your reply

Yes, its all about the book......Funny that the book is the source of their(creationists), education because if its in the bible it must be true. But on the other hand they believe, that if someones done years of scientific research with mountain loads of data, and backing evidence, it cant be true

I dont get it? But I do have a scientific education backgorund and I am an atheist after all, so what would I know

[edit on 30/10/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What IS truly bananas is these people are allowed to run countries!!

You couldn't make it up could you!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Heh. That's pretty funny. And it works on so many levels.

I never thought of it that way, but that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. And in order to believe in the Biblical version of creationism (as well as many other faiths' versions), one does have to ignore the amassed knowledge of science.

I don't get that religion stuff either, but I'm a high school gradumate. Maybe if I went to Bible college I'd be thinking properly on this.

Uh oh, and I can see I'm edging off into the Land of Snide. Better quit while I'm ahead.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Boy, aren’t we all smug.

I would think anyone who believes in god would be a creationist of some kind, and anyone who doesn’t believe in god doesn’t understand much more hehe.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Are you sure about the 'Bubba' part?

I believe the rest.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
God, its sad to me that people think this way. And by the way, not everyone that is a creationist is also a christian that believes the bible. There are some people (believe it or not) who have heard the theory of evolution and still do not believe it and do believe that this earth was created by something or someone, but dont have a particular religion. can anyone believe in a higher power without getting associatted with the bible or religion?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by time4chg07

Well actually I do believe in a higher power but not god, just to let you know as well that I didnt actually right it

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
doesn't surprise me at all.
cant be bothered looking up the links or referencing the authors.. but i've read somewhere that a large percentage (more than 80%) of post graduates in america are atheists of some sort (though you probably don't see a lot of them parading about it because of the social climate towards atheist in america). also that there is a larger christian to atheist ratio in jail systems compared to outside (this is in america again). the author stated it could of been because atheism is derived from self reflection and as said previously, because of the higher level of education atheists have according to the poles.

i had a bit of a laugh at this statement

"What IS truly bananas is these people are allowed to run countries!!"

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07
God, its sad to me that people think this way. And by the way, not everyone that is a creationist is also a christian that believes the bible. There are some people (believe it or not) who have heard the theory of evolution and still do not believe it and do believe that this earth was created by something or someone, but dont have a particular religion. can anyone believe in a higher power without getting associatted with the bible or religion?

if you don't believe in evolution, its only because you don't understand it.
evolution is fact.

its been well documented in an english moth
en.wikipedia.org...

also how do you explain different strains of viruses/bacteria turning up?
do they just spontaneously come into existence?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
accidental post please delete..

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hey man, you forgot to mention one very important thing ...

1. When putting on a white suit the automaticly become a professor or a biologist to make it all sound like they have studied evolution and biology for years ..

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07

believing in a higher power is still religion... it may not be organized and it may be personal, but it's still just a ridiculous and unfounded as the organized ones

anyway, the OP is right on the money

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, I am a creationist and I don't fit into your little mold at all. I have five, going on six, years of college behind me.
No car and no kids...
So much for your theory. By the way, the theory of evolution does not conflict with my beliefs in the slightest.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

join