It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community-Associated (CA)-MRSA, antibiotic resistant staph infection,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
CDC - Community- Associated MRSA Information for the Public

Recently, the news has been filled with information and reports of the new “Superbug”, Community-Associated (CA)- MRSA. An antibiotic resistant staph infection that seems to be spreading like wildfire. Today, my children came home with notes in their bag informing all parents of this new concern, along with an invitation to a district wide meeting with a Dr. to go over any concerns, and all preventative measures that we as parents can take to keep us all healthy. I am located in Missouri, right smack dab in the middle of the country. If it is here, it is everywhere. It is a concern that everyone especially those here on ATS have been talking about. I remembered reading about and discussing this very thing over the past few years, here on ATS. So far, I have found threads discussing this “Superbug” dateing as far back as 2004. I started this thread to have a place that links them all together for any and all who are searching for information on this new threat.

If you are just now hearing about CA-MRSA, it is a staph infection that is resistant to all first line antibiotics. It affects people of all ages, healthy or not. It is a nasty infection that can turn lethal quite rapidly. It is suggested that if you suspect you have CA-MRSA you see your DR. immediately. If the medication they give you does not start to work with in 2 days, it is imperative that you return to your Dr. immediately. The link at the top of this page is quite informative, and I highly suggest everyone to take a look.

I would also like to keep this thread as a record of where all it is affecting . If you have heard of people in your area who have CA-MRSA, please let us know so that others in your area who might read this can be aware.

Here is a list I have put together so far, of threads here on ATS that hare discussed CA-MRSA. I will add more when I find them.

Pandemic Watch 2007

The Evolution Current Event Thread has this link to a 2004 article on about MRSA New Scientist

is this the new terrorist biological weapon

Super bug “MRSA” Now Transmitted Sexually

Superbug Epidemic in US - Now threatening Canada

CDC warns Superbug could kill more than AIDS

[edit on 29-10-2007 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 29-10-2007 by mrsdudara]

Pick up some Manuka Honey that has at least a +20 UMF rating. Manuka Honey kills all forms of bacteria even staph and can be taken orally and topically. Manuka Honey also only comes from New Zealand and certain parts of Australia, make sure before you buy that it is from one of those area's if it isn't than your not getting the real thing just some knockoff.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So many people getting MRSA... We might be our own undoing. How many other forms of bacterial infections will soon become immune to antibiotics? Everytime someone goes to the Dr. for a minor illness they want antibiotics. Even if they have a viral infection. Whatever happened to letting an illness run its course? The human body is a miraculous machine. You need to let it run. What does not kill you makes you stronger... Its a saying that everyone knows but no one puts into practice.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I find this absolutely revolting! The hospitals and nursing homes where these infections started should be paying for the treatment but rest assure that they are not. Years ago when we were taking of my fiancées aunt the nurse brought MERSA into our home and didn't tell us for 3 months. We only found out when they came to test Aunt Lee for it!

we were pissed.... but not infected....

this was not originally "community associated" but hospital and nursing home sourced!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sorry, replied to another thread almost identical to this... but this is getting blown way out of proportion.

About 90% of nurses are colonized with MRSA, so unless you want to test every nurse that takes care of your aunt or hire some brand new nurse, they will most likely have the bug in their nose.

Its also not "new". It will also never be an epidemic or pandemic. Well, I take that back. Probably half of the population has been exposed or has MRSA colonized on their skin or in their nose... so yeah, it already went pandemic, lol.
edit on 23-10-2012 by AmateuRN because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2012 by AmateuRN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm in New Brunswick, Canada, and became infected in October 2011.

Once wound cultures finally tested negative, cultures were taken from my nose and rectum. Those two cultures were repeated two more times and all resulted in negative findings. I wasn't, nor did I become a carrier.

It was an awful ordeal, one that touched me as much psychologically as much as physically. Would I lose my leg? My life? The leg still hasn't completely healed, I'm still void of skin in a 6cm diameter near my ankle. It's slowly healing though, it was almost twice that once all the debriding of dead tissue was done. I started with a lesion about the size of a quarter....

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

You are the only one who posted the correct solution.

People should check out my thread about Honey and how it's actually used in Hospitals worldwide to fight super bugs when all other antibiotics fail. It's the secret back up weapon.
And it works at killing these infections when nothing else will!

I realize your post is old but it's worth reiterating your post.

I will add that it doesn't matter what type of honey you get, as long as it's Pure and Real.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Darwinian medicine is the way to go. Antibiotic resistance is the "punishment" of not using antibiotics correctly.

"And he looked around and what he saw, Gonorrhea, and Gonorrhea smiled and replied "I'm back #."

There are more of this kind of effects. Plague species becoming resistant to pesticides, weeds becoming resistant to herbicides, medicine residue in our drinking waters etc. A lesson in evolution would be good for some.

It's what I call: Short term gain, long term fail.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Colloidal silver will deal with it very effectively and is something you can make yourself. I have seen it work like a miracle on MRSA infected wounds that the doctors had no success curing with conventional antibiotics. It works and very well.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beta_2.0

I got this on my elbow about ten years ago. I thought the infection went away (at the time I mistook it for a spider bite), but the infection is very minimal sitting deep near the bone. Occasionally when my immune system is under stress due to cold or allergies, it flares up a bit causing significant pain, then subsides again..

MRSA is not fun.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Nice old thread.

Try using coconut oil or castor oil or olive oil or cannabis oil, and as already mentioned honey, all of which work wonders against MRSA.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara
[My son got MRSA he had been in the hospital for about a week when I finally got to him. It started with a little pimple on his upper lip. When I arrived at the hospital his lip was sticking out like a ducks beak he had many doctors around him taking pictures of his lip. They all said it was the worst case of MRSA they had ever seen. He was living off of IV's because he couldn't eat a thing. My son had lost so much weight I'd never seen him that skinny. I got mad, I got really mad. My son is dyeing and the doctors couldn't do anything that helped him. I left the hospital and got on the first computer I could find. I found the solution with in 5 minutes of googling.

A solution that sounded like it was helping many people as I kept reading. It was as simple as going to the grocery store and buying a spice. Cheaper than a doctors visit or hospital visit. Once I was convinced I found what I thought would work I went back to the hospital and told the Dr.'s I was removing my son. They said he should not leave. I told them I didn't care they had a week with him and his MRSA is just getting worse! Against their wishes I got him out went to the store bought the spice and took him home. I gave him the instructions of 1 heaping teaspoon in the morning and 1 heaping teaspoon at night. Within a week his lip shrunk down back to almost normal and he was able to eat again.

Many might say it was all the antibiotics he was given while at the hospital but I know I was right. A year later it came back in his nose. This time he got the diagnosis then left instead of staying for treatment. He went home and started on the spice again. It also went away again with out any antibiotics. That was my verification that the spice worked. My grandson also started getting MRSA on his wrist. I started him right away on the spice and it went away. I keep many bottles of the spice in my kitchen and when we eat Mexican food we just add the spice to keep everyone healthy.

The spice is called Turmeric I'm sure some of you will find it right in your own kitchen. Better stock up now because I read they were trying to stop Turmeric from being sold in America. I just read that recently.

I also worked with a guy that had problems with his leg. He was limping all the time. I asked him what was wrong with his leg? He said it had a super long name that he couldn't even pronounce. I asked to see it. When he lifted up his pant leg what I saw horrified me. His leg was swollen 3 times the size it should be. His skin was actually ripping because it was swollen that bad and oozing goo liquid stuff. The majority of his leg had turned black. I've never seen anything like it. I wanted to cry when I saw it I felt so bad for him. I asked him what the doctor was doing for his leg. He said the doctors have done everything they can and nothing works. He said the doctors were talking about possibly amputating his leg in the near future.

I said you know I have an idea and I told him about my son with the MRSA. I said maybe just maybe this spice could help your leg? I also said you really have nothing to loose trying it. It's all natural and it won't hurt you. What have you got to loose? He hem hawed around and was thinking. Not believing that a simple spice could help him he replied I don't think it will work but hey I'll give it a try. Two weeks later I saw him again and he was not limping. I asked how his leg was. He was so excited he pulled up his pant leg and his leg was back to normal size the rips and tears were healing, nothing was oozing and some of the natural coloring was coming back. I asked if the doctor found something that worked? He replied no it was the spice you told me to try. He said I didn't really like the taste of it so my wife put it in with pickles juice. I ate the pickles that absorbed the spice. He gave me a huge hug and thanked me for telling him about the spice. He uses it every day!

I also told an old lady that had scabies to give it a try because everything the doctor gave her never stopped the itching. It took her scabies away.

Another co-worker had herpes on her lips. Cold sores. I told her about the spice and it worked on her. She's a firm believer in the spice and still takes 1 teaspoon in the morning and 1 teaspoon at night. She just swallows it that way. I can't, I think it tastes nasty that way. I use it in Mexican foods mostly but can handle it in coffee now if I need it. It took me a while to get use to the taste. I have learned to like it.

So for those interested in trying it, it's call TURMERIC

If you try it and it works for you please add to this post.........for others to see.

]

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Scramjet76
elderberry juice is meant to kill most of these infections.
and onions contain lysozymes which are the stage up from penicillin when fleming was given credit for the penicillin find he said that bacteria would become resistant to it (can't remember why) the onions have to be eaten raw as heat affects it you can also get the lysozymes from eggs but you need to flash heat the eggs and leave the yolk uncooked

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

I just realized this post was over seven years ago, wow, I'm surprised ATS still keeps posts like these very active. Awesome website!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I love hearing all the natural remedies. Turmeric is an AMAZING spice. There is actually a thread here on ATS that discusses all the ailments turmeric heals. I found it interesting when I started pickling that turmeric is a common spice, then I remembered how my mom and grandma would eat pickles if they had colds because they said it would help them get better faster... I don't think they knew why.

Elderberry elixir is an amazing thing as well. My cousin makes it and takes it if there is ever a sign that she is getting sick. Does more than anything on the market.

As for the cold sores, making a tea from honeysuckle and using it as a mouth wash, will help them heal faster than anything else. You can infuse it in honey and just add the honey to the hot water and swish that way too.

Amazing when you get into natural remedies you will find that the plants that heal you also have agents in them that will counteract any side effects. So where Dr. prescribed meds will have a page and a half of side effects, natural remedies rarely do.

Another amazing plant or many call "Weeds" is plantain. Most of us have it in our yards. I made some oil from it and keep it in my fridge. It will draw toxins out, so if you get bit or stung, best thing for it. I wonder if it would work to pull the infection out of MRSA..... It will draw the impurities out of pores in your skin, so if you have a big pimple you can feel, you can put it on there before bed and it will draw it all out by morning.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth
Vancomyacin is a great drug, and can work wonders.However your body can reject it. My child had to be given it twice (brain cancer and no immune system) the second dose she developed redman's syndrome her body turned beet red. The doctors at that point said infectious disease would contact the CDC and see if they had any antibiotic combinations they could suggest to fight the meningitis but suggested we prepare ourselves for her death. The best action is still keeping your hands washed ,stay home when your sick and vaccinate if possible..I'm not getting into a discussion about vaccinations but yes someone else's brilliant internet follies cost my child and seriously injured hers

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have sadly been deemed "medically interesting". Trust me, you do not want this designation. I have been on every antibiotic known to science, both orally and through a PIC LINE, had a home health nurse come twice a day to drip 500mgs of Vanco and 250mgs of Invanz, which is a Carbapenem. The infection raged on and I had to have the infected areas surgically cut out and cleaned. Surgeon said "we can only hope for the best". That was 8-30-2013.

The mysterious infection traveled and settled in my right eyelid. In August of last year, I began having to have internal chalazions cut out from the underneath my eyelid. I have now had 5 surgeries removing the cysts from underneath my eyelid and have the full attention of my Opthomologist, who originally pooh-poohed this issue.

It is important to know that I went to both Stanford and UCLA. UCLA immediate put me on their Grand Rounds calendar and, dozens of labs, gallium scans , MRI s, ctscans, xrays, 2 abdominal exploratory surgeries later....I still have systemic CRE/MRSA.

We all have staph skin flora that is fine as long as it remains outside of the body. It's when it enters the body that it can colonize and cause problems, such as mine.

I do not know what will happen to me but I do know that I will not give up.

I am sharing this very personal struggle with you in hopes you will see that living with such infections is possible.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I do not know what will happen to me but I do know that I will not give up.

Try to go low carb and avoid absolutely all form of sugar, it will help. If you are courageous, maybe a ketogenic diet. It is hard to believe, but carb is food for bacteria. Just check what microbiological labs use to identify growing bacteria in their petri dish; couples different sort of sugars. Your body will always make a minimal amount of glucose for your brain, but there is no need to increase unnecessarily the amount.

For external infection, try Neem Oil or the stronger Tea Tree Oil. Very few bacteria, antibiotic resistant or not will survive these compounds.
edit on 2015-6-28 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Thanks but have honestly tried all that, even those tea tree wipes. It just never ends.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have been in the medical field as a CNA for over 16 yrs. I have seen MRSA on a daily basis. I have had close calls myself. Regular hand-washing and universal precautions are your first line of defense. However, I know of a "Super Antioxidant" that works wonders!!! I take it anytime I am exposed to ANYTHING and I rarely ever get sick. I suggested it to people who have had these resistant infections and it has healed them. I'm leery about giving the name of this OTC Super Antioxidant that comes in 100,200,600mg forms that I personally take for approx. 3 days when needed. It has a sulfa base. Used for nerve and muscle pain. It also works on toothache!!!! BUT I USE IT FOR EVERYTHING!!! IT WORKS. Waiting for FDA to take it off the shelf. Sadly. Oh, and I recently found myself with a 3 week case of Whooping Cough. Nothing I took would rid me of it. I took antibiotics, otc cough meds of every kind. Finally, I broke out the "SUper Antioxidant" and it was completely gone by day 3 of the dose! Whew!!! Why I didn't think to take it in the first place...wont happen again!!!

edit on 13-8-2015 by starseed73 because: Added a more info.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

edit on 28-12-2015 by jondoeuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join