It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jungle fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
To be honest, i dont listen to Jungle on a regular basis (im actually a crustcore punk), I've only really heard it at raves. Hell i dont even rave really, just at Halloween. Anyways, I was at the Docks in Tornoto this weekend and a DJ called Capital J (might be spelt with a K) was making the crowd go crazy.

Does anyone else out there listen to Jungle and if so, who are your favorite MC's and DJ's?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Never heard of Jungle, but any band that would name themselves "Jungle" instead of "Rainforest" deserves credit!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Haven't listened to much Jungle myself but, doesn't that genre have the most beats per minute?

I'd enjoy getting into the genre a bit more and there's likely YouTube vids to watch and hear.

Any recommendations?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
As it turns out, on my way home from work yesterday (sometime after posting this) I met a few friends at the train station who are huge jungle fans. I told them I saw Capital J and apparently he's one of the best (he scratches with his elbows!) He was voted best DJ when he was 15 and usually plays smaller venues to keep in touch with his following.

Hes actually playing a show tonight in Toronto, at the Bloor house (or something like that)

Like i said in the OP, i dont know too much about the music style, but definately check him out!

Ill come back to the thread with a few more names when i get in touch with my friends who know more about it than I.

Here's Capital J's home page if you want to take a look : DJ Capital J

apc

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ah brings back memories. I was into jungle during the rave-scene. More drum and bass though. However with enough foreign substances coursing through your veins it all sounds like trance anyway.

I'd have to say Dieselboy was my favorite DnB/jungle DJ. If only because I can't remember any other names.

>

Originally posted by masqua
... doesn't that genre have the most beats per minute?

That would be happy hardcore. Or gabber depending on your point of view.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by apc]

join