It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo child speaks about Lemuria, Sphinx, Mars Civilizations and 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

1) there is no Sumerian word for Uranus and they were unaware of its existence
2) Uranus is blue

Come now, lets play fair shall we, Uranus is Blue-Green.
solarsystem.nasa.gov...
And thats from a NASA site, a little more reliable than the link you sent.

Sitchin might be slightly hard to digest at times but you must understand that he published his book in 1976 and the images from Voyager only LAUNCHED in 1977 came to us in 1986.... the book was first, and only later did Voyager confirm what he had already thought.
www.ufodigest.com... - Accept its from Pravda originally but its not making any far out claims - its simply a review of the situation.

Please dont jump to the conclusion that I am in some way a Sitchin fan, this is simply about the sumerians and what they knew regarding the solar system.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The Boriska video is still not up...

Im kind of patient, but now its been several weeks...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
Come now, lets play fair shall we, Uranus is Blue-Green.
solarsystem.nasa.gov...
And thats from a NASA site, a little more reliable than the link you sent.

Sitchin might be slightly hard to digest at times but you must understand that he published his book in 1976 and the images from Voyager only LAUNCHED in 1977 came to us in 1986.... the book was first, and only later did Voyager confirm what he had already thought.
www.ufodigest.com... - Accept its from Pravda originally but its not making any far out claims - its simply a review of the situation.

Please dont jump to the conclusion that I am in some way a Sitchin fan, this is simply about the sumerians and what they knew regarding the solar system.

well as its about the Sumerian planetary knowledge please link me to an academic source that states that the Sumerian were aware of more than five planets which they believed to be Gods floating in the water which existed outside the bubble which contained the earth. I can name all five and link to several sources to prove it
I'm just asking you to link to one academic source that mentions they knew uranus and that it was blue

btw I have in my posession sitchins hardback first edition twelth planet copyright 1977, want to guess what it doesn't mention in it at all about colour that it also doesn't mention in a paperback version I have dated 2005. So please provide a link to a credible source that states that information is even in the book especially the original

this is irrelevant anyway as the colour of Uranus can be seen by ground based astronomers and was discovered by William Herschel in 1787.

This view of Uranus was recorded by Voyager 2 on January 25, l986, as the spacecraft left the planet behind and set forth on its cruise to Neptune. Voyager was 1 million kilometers (620,000 miles) from Uranus when it acquired this wide-angle view. The picture has a resolution of 140 kilometers (90 miles). The thin crescent of Uranus is seen at an angle of 153 degrees between the spacecraft, the planet and the Sun. Even at this extreme angle, Uranus retains the pale blue-green color seen by ground-based astronomers and recorded by Voyager during its historic encounter.

www.solarviews.com...
You can see the colour of it from this planet with a telescope and there is no need for any spacecraft to confirm it so your entire supposition is based on a fallacy. It is always described as Blue green not blue as you claimed Sitchin said when he didn't. You'd be a terrible interior decorator not thinking this difference is significant.

The Sumerians were among the first astronomers, mapping the stars into sets of constellations, many of which constellations survived in the zodiac and in the constellations known to the ancient Greeks[12]. The five planets that are visible to the naked eye also have Sumerian names[13].

en.wikipedia.org...

Mul.Apin is essentially a series of structured lists grouped into 18 sections. (12) data relating to the five planets (i.e., the planetary periods);A statement that the Sun, Moon, and five planets were considered to move on the same path also appears.

The Sumerians didn't know about more than five planets. the Akkadians who followed them didn't know about any more than five planets, the Babylonians who followed them didn't know about any more than five planets and they wrote down everything they knew in a book known as the MUL APIN
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join