It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater granted immunity!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I take it blackwater's immunity applies not only to warzones but in the homeland too?

It seems we have a very powerful organisation on the loose.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneshot1
Ironic tag 11Bravo

Whats ironic? The fact that I served my country? The fact that I volunteered to defend and protect the constitution of the united states of America? Where is the irony there my cloudy little friend?

Justice???

Yeah, justice. Do you know what that is? It used to be an American ideal, now its just a word, but it used to have meaning.
Like, when good ol' waffle man Bush sold us this never ending war.
First it was WMD, which was a fabrication. Then it became "Well we owe it to the Iraqi people to free them from the tyranical reign of Saddam, give them JUSTICE" Now the attitude seems to be "I dont give a # about the Iraqi people".
So if we arent there for the non-existant WMD, and we arent there to give the Iraqis a better life, then why the hell are we there oh wise one?

Where is your concern for AMERICANS???? Or are they all big bad money grubbing war monerging evil scum??? PFFFT The Hate America First Cult is not only tiring, but borders on treason....Good Day Cur...

Where is my concern for Americans?
Let me answer that by saying that the God forsaken land that is Iraq isnt worth one single American life. NOT ONE.
Do you understand that?
Can I make it any more simple for you?
Your pro-war stance is so anti-American that it makes me nausious.
Your belief that Iraq is worth a billion dollars and 30 Americans a month is absurd.

Hate America first cult?
That is the last defense of the chicken-hawks, calling anybody that points out their glaring hypocricy an 'America hater'.
I love this country pal.
I love it so much I signed up.
I love it so much I would die for it.
I love it, and my fellow countrymen so much that when I see them being sacrificed for a senseless, pointless war of aggression I will speak loud and long until not one more of my brethren has to lose his life in a sandbox five thousand miles from home.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
11Bravo try not to hyjack the topic..Focus..it's not about you...Yes I support Blackwater, Haliburton and all the other company's that have found a "niche service" and operate in War Zones. Just like all the media hype on how bad and evil America is, dont bother to look for a retraction when it's shown that Blackwater did no wrong in this situation...The Hate America First Cult is twisted tighter then Rosie O'Donnels G-string...Thank you for your service.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Oneshot1]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
I take it blackwater's immunity applies not only to warzones but in the homeland too?

It seems we have a very powerful organisation on the loose.

Okay- a little refresher here if you haven't read the previous posts in this thread. The immunity given only covered testimony given in the investigation. It was NOT immunity from prosecution if the investigation showed wrong doing. It was NOT blanket immunity for the company Blackwater. I'm not sure where you're getting this stuff from.

I suggest you read this story on this topic.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was reading an article in Mens Journal today about Blackwater. Something that made me mad was those guys get paid $550 a day to be over there. You multiply that by 365 and you get a figure a lil over $200K. So not only do they get to do what ever the hell they feel like, they also get paid a nice chunk of change to do it. I wonder if they get a bonus for each person they kill?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Please keep the discussion on topic and civil, folks.

As BlueRaja said:
* there were Blackwater employees willing to testify (whistleblowers) IF they could get immunity from prosecution (and presumably protection from folks at Blackwater.) That would imply that they were involved with the action somehow and objected to a lot of things about it.
* The company was not granted immunity.
* the immunity was revoked and the employees (whistleblowers) are now reluctant to speak up.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
* The company was not granted immunity.
* the immunity was revoked

Well excuse me, but if 'the company' was not granted immunity then how can you follow that up with a statement like 'the immunity was revoked'?

Either they were granted immunity and it was then supposedly revoked, or they were not granted immunity and thus there was nothing to revoke.

Doublespeak my moderator friend.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We have become very displaced as a nation. Allowing rogue civillian mercenary outfits wildly inflicting massive civilian casualties withot any reguard for humanity laws!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

The company was never given immunity. There were individuals who worked for the company who'd been given immunity for testimony during the investigation. At no point was there blanket immunity given to the company or individuals against prosecution though. Apparently the individuals in question don't have any immunity at this time.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneshot1
Outstanding news HOOYAH !!!... Make an attack on a convoy...suffer the wrath... Whats the problem????

I think the problem here, hoyahh, is that the women and children they killed weren't attacking any convoys. Don't pick up the papers much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join