It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm in love with SexySlayer !!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I know the age difference seems bad to a few of you at the moment, with Snakeslayer being only 15. Just think of how much older your SO is, or how much older than your SO you are. IMO, as long as no laws are being broken, go for it. I would give it at least til she is out of school before any sort of physical relationship begins, but if you can maintain an emotional relationship for three/four more years and stay together, you both could be in a very happy and successful relationship.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Have I taught you nothing little bro?

I'm sorry, but I gotta side with the "haters" on this one.

Online friendships - GOOD
Online relationships - BAD BAD BAD.

Besides, what happens if she loses her net service?

Jasn

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Wow .... I'm bein' bashed ... I'm gonna turn 19 towards the end of the year ..... what does a little age gap like that have to do with an emotional relationship . Those poems I did were from the heart .... I'm not some sick freak ...... I understand that you're a mother ...but what's the age difference between you and your husband ?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There's really only one law you could break while remaining on the internet, and that's sending....certain....pictures...

So as long as you don't do that, you're completely within the law (as I understand it)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Thanks
.... I promise I won't send her any nude spidey pics any time soon... but in time we'll be together so I wouldn't have to send any "spidey gone wild" pics ....heheheehehe

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

The age difference is one year.

Ok, you want to have this relationship with her online. Have you contacted her parents and got their permission. If your telling her you love her already and you want to marry her one day, I think you should be speaking to her parents and let them know.

Edit to add. We were both young adults when we starting courting.

She's underage your not. This makes a difference. Especially, online relationships. Where the parents may not know you even exist.

Not too mention this is how are young girls disappear. They meet someone online who talks them into meeting them and the next thing you know that person is a wanted man. Not saying your like this. But, are you planning on having an online relationship with her for the next 3 years or more only? Or are you already wanting to meet her?

What about college, doesn't she have plans for this. If so are you going to wait another 4 years before marriage making this at least 7 years.

Remember, don't forget to get permission from her parents.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Shar]

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If Ted Bundy were alive today, he'd probably be pickin' up chicks on the internet.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
the creep factor of this thread notwithstanding, Doc, that line was priceless. I've added it to the sig line.

thanks for that.

Steve-o, she's a minor, tread with major caution here and elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I will ask for her parents permission... and we'll both finish college.... I'm not stopin' her from her goals in life
. We'll stay "dating online" for a few years 'till the time is right... I'm not in a rush ... I've got certain goals myself. I'm not a sick weirdo who looks for females online , I can't believe I'm bein' viewed as a sicko on this site . Me and Snakeslayer are very determined in finishing our education and goals in life ..... I could wait a very long time for our relationship to be official / llegal .

[edit on 30-10-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Well this is great, to get permission from her parents. That should definitely be on top of your list there.

I don’t think anyone is viewing you as a sick weird o, were just concerned. As we should be., that’s all. It's our job as parents.
It’s nice to read that your going to finish you education as well as wait till your both legal ages to take this any further.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Thanks Shar
, I want what's best for SS and me , I really care for her future ...... and I'll always be there for her ..... she completes me.... I truely love her .

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That's priceless

You got a star for that one.

That may go in my signature as well

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
There's really only one law you could break while remaining on the internet, and that's sending....certain....pictures...

So as long as you don't do that, you're completely within the law (as I understand it)

Novus is right, as far as I can tell. So long as you tread carefully Steve I'm sure you and Slayer can lead a successful relationship. Never know where such a thing may take you in life.

Since I know you aren't a creep like this thread may make it sound, I say congrats to you both. So long as you two use your brains this situation may work itself out to be something wonderful.

Shar is right too, though. Doing something like this over the internet is a very touchy subject, and if done incorrectly the entire thing could come crashing down.

Tread carefully, my friend. Tread very carefully.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Steve-o...

I'm gonna be blunt.

Do NOT pursue an online relationship, especially with this age gap.

It most likely will NOT end well.

Trust me. Don't ask how I know, it's too personal...well I'm sure you and everyone else will get a general idea how I know now...but just don't do it.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Steve-O, I used to be one who thought, "How can anyone develop a relationship online?" However, I found out in my Junior year of college... I'll tell you this, when I realized that her and I would probably never come across one another, she lived in West Virginia, I made the decision to end it. Let me tell you, it hurt.. I can remember thinking, "Gee, all this time I thought one couldn't develop feelings for someone over the net. Yet, I did. How dumb."

I wouldn't advise it, especially if there is a long distance between the two of you geographically.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Speaker of Truth is right.

While it is possible to find feelings for people online, I've found out, it is best not to pursue such relationships.

If you live fairly close, maybe...and also you should be at least in your twenties I'd think.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'd like to thank those of you who have tried to talk me out of this and have voiced their concern towards this relationship . This thread has changed from showin' love and support to just doubting the love we have for each other .

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's not meant to talk you out of it. Most of us are simply trying to make you alert of how to proceed that is best for your relationship, as well as keeping you out of trouble. You seem sincere, but police officers and others may not see it that way. They go for prosecutions and that's it. They don't have the time to get the personal side of it and get to know you. So you have to be careful.

But yeah, I can also vouch for that whole thinking it wasn't possible to find feelings for someone over the Internet, only to be proved wrong. But they do usually end bad, especially if you were friends before hand, because now the friendship, if it continues afterwards, is awkward and pretty much screwed.

So, good luck to you and her. Just be careful about it. Be patient. Take the time. Don't rush it.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Co-Signed.. I too know this isn't a very good idea, steve-o.

but whatever you choose to do, best of luck to you

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve-o
I'd like to thank those of you who have tried to talk me out of this and have voiced their concern towards this relationship . This thread has changed from showin' love and support to just doubting the love we have for each other .

Just wait in about a year you'll be emo and suicidal, and you'll feel incredibly pathetic.

The memories of how pathetic you were will make you suicidal again...and you'll wish you could eliminate the thoughts in your head.

Nowadays I've completely fazed out even thinking about a relationship, IRL even...now I'm just mentally unstable due to other things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join