It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking Over The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We've all seen the cartoons and other TV shows where supervillains plan to take over the world, like Pinky and the Brain, and some Family Guy episodes. There have also been attempts at it in history, like Alexander The Great and Napoleon Bonaparte, the Roman Empire even succeeded (almost at least) in taking over all of the known world, back in the day.
Some even say the world is in the process of being "taken over" at this very minute, by the New World Order and what not. Which is actually plausible in my opinion. Heck, if I'd be delusional and had the power, I'd probably take a swing at it just for kicks.

Actually taking over the world has always been a subject of interest for me. If someone, or a group of people would do it, how would they do it? All jokes aside, what would be the most plausible hypothesis?

Let's say we take a trip back in time, to the year 1945 after the 2nd World War had ended in Europe, and you'd have to take over the world by the year 2025 or something, how would you do it and how would you maintain control?

And my definition of having taken over the world is, in this case, legal ownership of all the wealth and physical property and material that has any significant assigned value, that exists on the territory that you (or you and your comrads) can access, e.g. the earth and moon. Owning the world would also consist of having legal ownership of and thus control of all the physical beings on the earth.

The rules are simple, in this hypothesis you can be anyone in the world alive at that time, you may only use technology proven to have existed at the time when you make the your "strategic" moves ... meaning no B2 bombers or iPods in 1950. Do some research and use your intellect and imagination to try and figure out the most plausible hypothesis.

Hell, if there's a hypothesis that's good enough, I might concider using it. In return, I'll make you vice chancellor of Jeffyania!

I'm in the process of writing mine at the moment. Might take a while though. I'll try to have it posted by the end of the week!

Cheers

[edit on 29-10-2007 by j3ffy]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Funny you should ask. My family did just that. I'm going over it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by j3ffy

And my definition of having taken over the world is, in this case, legal ownership of all the wealth and physical property and material that has any significant assigned value. Owning the world would also consist of having legal ownership of and thus control of all the physical beings on the earth.

I don't see absolute power this way. I believe you have ultimate control when you control the people who the public sees as having control. Heads of State, Attorney Generals, other major legal representatives, diplomats etc. The underlying plot in the TV show 'Prison Break' comes to mind, where a group of individuals who want to control all the money tell the President what to do.

Just a group of business men who privately sponsored an up-and-coming politicians electoral campaign, and also took care of their main adversaries. The President would be indebted to them, and if he/she tried to expose them they would threaten the President with framing him/her for all sorts of murders and such.
Money can go a whole long way.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why take over the world when you can tax it?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

Originally posted by j3ffy

And my definition of having taken over the world is, in this case, legal ownership of all the wealth and physical property and material that has any significant assigned value. Owning the world would also consist of having legal ownership of and thus control of all the physical beings on the earth.

I don't see absolute power this way. I believe you have ultimate control when you control the people who the public sees as having control. Heads of State, Attorney Generals, other major legal representatives, diplomats etc. The underlying plot in the TV show 'Prison Break' comes to mind, where a group of individuals who want to control all the money tell the President what to do.

Just a group of business men who privately sponsored an up-and-coming politicians electoral campaign, and also took care of their main adversaries. The President would be indebted to them, and if he/she tried to expose them they would threaten the President with framing him/her for all sorts of murders and such.
Money can go a whole long way.

Yes I understand your point, that was actually what I was getting at. Let's change "legally" to "technically", meaning that you or you and your cabal would technically own and control the whole world.

And what's the best way to get "technical" control over someone? Somehow trick them into letting you lend them money, with interest.

new topics

top topics

join