It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans might have lived alongside dinosaurs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

In fact, there's evidence to suggest "we" may have absorbed the neandertal lineage through interbreeding rather than simply supplanting them:

National Geographic | Neandertals, Modern Humans Interbred, Bone Study Suggests

LiveScience | Humans and Neanderthals Might Have Interbred

And yet another theory suggests we're the "odd man out." (No pun intended.)

"In the broader sweep of human evolution, the more unusual group is not Neanderthals, whom we tend to look at as strange, weird and unusual, but it's us, modern humans," Trinkaus said.

Source | LiveScience | Scientist: Humans Strange, Neanderthals Normal

Which might suggest to some that our evolution was "tinkered" with or "helped along" by some as-yet-to-be-determined outside force.

Hmmm, maybe a kick in the DNA by "God," "Reptilian," or "Alien?"

reply to post by jimbo999

Cool!

So, not unlike Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World," (not Michael Crichton's reconstituted dinos) there may be currently living "fossils" besides the coelacanth.

Very Cool!

Even if true, though, I don't think that fact would necessarily support the theory of "creationism."

[edit on 7-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

'
Even if true, though, I don't think that fact would necessarily support the theory of "creationism." '

Agreed. Creationisim is simply a religious, political agenda with nothing concrete to back it up at all. Wishfull thinking is really all it is.

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks!

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MINDoverFAITH
Yeah, im guessing cave drawings prove it. So around what year did we co-exist with dragons and the weird serpent/man gods? Well, guess must of been around the same time, 5-6,000 years goes by so easily. Just happy the our planet is in the center of the universe and my science book has all the answers...cough.

I would imagine it just comes from our ancestors, I believe we had ancestors who talked the earth with dinosaurs or dinosaur like creatures, they clearly would have been a predator and I think the image of them would have stuck. Who know's maybe not, I just think that to be the case.

All it would take is for one person to eat the wrong plant or mushrooms, even just a bad fever before they start to hallucinate. All it would take is 1 person to see something that resembled a dinosaur, and just like that the legend of a dragon could be born, as he continues to tell people the story and what he say. Just increasing the chances another person would see the same thing in a similar situation.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A person would have to be very ignorant to believe that man didn't exist at the same time as dinosaurs.

There are human foot prints along side of dinosaur foot prints in Texas.

There are many cave depictions, and...

there are also the Ica Stones of Peru with very exact pictures of dinosaurs.

www.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_ pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=599&wrapid=tlif131839597709031&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
A person would have to be very ignorant to believe that man didn't exist at the same time as dinosaurs.

www.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_ pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=599&wrapid=tlif131839597709031&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

Are you talking about the Paluxy Man Tracks? Because I'm fairly certain those were proven to be a hoax.

I know the Ice Stones were proven to be a hoax.

I can't argue against cave depictions, but this just ties back to my original post in this topic.

None of those things prove we lived with dinosaurs, and all the drawings tell us are that we may have just had an idea of what dinosaurs were. It also doesn't rule out the possibility of dinosaur like creatures. Think about a Komodo Dragon. IIRC Komodo Dragons came from a larger(Now extinct) reptile.

Do you really not believe that legends could come of this?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Those footprints have been told to be a hoax by a family member of the very guy who found the other tracks initially and sculpted the human ones.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If we did we would've been eaten to extinction like humans and the dodo :p lions, tigers and bears were nothing compared to them XD

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join