It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and Halloween....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just a little fun....

But does it make sense that there should be more of a chance of increased UFO sightings during Halloween. That many people outside at dusk/night across the entire USA puts a lot of potential eyes on the sky should anyone point up and scream
Does anyone know if there is an increase in UFO sightings o holidays such as this?

Or, can someone tell me the aliens know our customs and traditions and avoid flying over town during mass public excursions like this? Maybe they only do that in Mexico, lol.

But then again, they might avoid flying on Halloween so as not to be seen....only to fly around the night before and the day after with their darn parking lights on so as to be the next actor in some YouTube SuperStar's latest video......aliens, jeez.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Plus, people with Remote-controlled craft that like to 'play at' being UFOs knowing people are out might decide to fly their craft that night.

Makes sense, though their motives are questionable in the first place.

Just remember that experiment where the guy flew a 2-3 foot diameter craft around and most people thought it was -huge- until he opened his trunk and showed them later.

My feeling on doing it, if you must, is sure, fly your RC craft, but then tell people later that it was you. Put a fun article in the local paper that weekend or something. Have your fun but don't obscure real sightings by not revealing it later.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember that. It was a good example of why eyewitness testimony concerning aerial phenomena is pretty much bunk

Thank you get the argument that "eyewitness testimony is good enough for the court system" lol. But what those narrow minded people forget is that witnessing a robbery, murder, or car accident is easier for people to judge because it has things in it that they see on a regular basis, and are better equipped to process what they see more accurately.

But, put it 100 feet in the air and you get all sorts of goofy statements, lol. The next time I knock over a bank, I'm going to do it from the air. Even if I'm caught the witness testimony will be so different from each other they couldn't possible convict me

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The biggest UFO prank of all time (War of the Worlds) was done on Halloween, so that should say something, hehe...

Seriously though, a lot of surface light, and people looking around more at those in costume, likely means less rather than more sightings.

Also, people are more apt to dismiss as pranks.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

OH MY GOD

talk about people posting garbage

This stuff is the exact type of things that causes people to laugh when you bring this subject up and want to have a serious discussion. Come on, try to be a part of the solution rather than ignorantly perpetuating a stereotype.

wow this is a major discovery...more people see ufo's on holidays

[edit on 5-8-2008 by easynow]

top topics

join