It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deson introduces himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'd like to take this oppourtunity to introduce myself. A bit of a lurker here but I've finally decided to come out of hiding. I'm hoping that I'll be accepted here. Knock on wood. (Raps on his own forehead).

Be advised on a couple of things about me.

On occasion I've been known to kick into horrendous puns. I try to control myself but you know how it goes.

Also due to cataracts and bad spelling all around, you may encounter what my friends call "creative spelling". They mean well.

Take care everyone.

Deson

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Shoot me a u2u(in your Member Center) if you need any help.

Later.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Jump right in, the water's fine, and don't worry about spelling, I've seen many members that have troubles from time to time.

And as for the puns, try out BTS. It's a more laid back environment.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Welcome aboard. Shoot me a u2u(in your Member Center) if you need any help.

Later.

Thanks for the replys. I think I may take you up on that sometime once I have the time. At the moment, I'm sorta sorting things out myself.

In reply to the person who mentioned BTS:

Believe me I plan on getting involved there as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Hi Deson!! Ive been so busy these last couple weeks Ive had no chance to greet any new members!!
So I wish you a great stay here on ATS!! And do know we all love a little well placed humor!! When used wisely it can be a greak ice breaker..
Yet used unwisely, Its a good way to break yourself here

Good luck!
Zy5

[edit on 6-11-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I didn't notice a "testing" area for newbies (such as myself). In another thread I was having problems with posting a youtube link and Iwanted to make sure that I got it right prior to making a fool of myself. I figured that by posting this into my own introduction that it would be ok. If this is a violation of the T&C please let me know.

Thank you and enjoy the video if you like.

(Edit: Mental note: one cannot view the youtube link properly in the preview post but it looks like I've gotten it correct.)

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Deson]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Welcome to ATS. I look forward to your comments and opinions.

The video was fun, and if that's a small example of how you think, I look forward even more to your input.

See you on the boards.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow, I have never seen a reply so fast in all of my life! It's kinda nice to be noticed.

(edited to add)
Oh BTW, If you liked the video then I'd reccomend picking up the entire DVD. The creators of Animusic are now up to Animusic 2 now. Gonna pick up the secondone myself

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Deson]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Welcome Welcome!!

Good to see you on board! Nice to meet you.

So you've been known to kick into puns eh?

We got to get you into the 'Creative Writing/Short Stories and Poems threads! Oh yeah!! lolol

Hope you're finding your way around the boards ok, and like Intrepid said, don't be shy in asking help from the Moderators et al.

I look forward to your posts and upcoming threads.

Stay Cheery!!

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm one of the founding members of a role playing gaming group called ROOSAP (Royal Order Of Strange Acting People). A general rule with this bunch of lunatics is that being involved with this groups is sorta like being arrested. Anything that you say can and will be used against you in the form of a joke or a bad pun. So avoiding straight lines is a prequisite. Or a good set of pun armor.

About the only writing is involved in 2 projects.
1) a SF story based in a alternate history where the war of the worlds happenned in the 1890's as per H.G. Wells. It is now in the 2070's and mankind has decided toreturn the favor and invade mars.

2) "How to buy a good used dragon" Imagine this, your an evil overlord and you've just finished dealing with a hero infestation. The hero's have trashed your dungeon, set fire to your library and worst of all have killed off your pet dragon! OK, you can rebuild the dungeon (that's what minions are for). The library can be rebuilt (tome of the month club) but where is an overlord gonna find a good used dragon? That's where this handy dandy guid comes in. It listed such things as The used dragon dealership, what to look for (and out for), types, and drawbacks to picking up a dragon. It's a parody of the "how to buy a good used car" books. So far it only esists in outline form at the moment but when I'm not playing around with Bryce (the CAD program that I created my avatar with) I'm working on various other projects. I've also added in a link to what I've got that's online in the artwork forum.

Hope that this helps you understand me better.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Welcome and will see you in the chat room again...

new topics

top topics

join