It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US plans offensive in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
US plans offensive in Pakistan

The entry of US forces into the tribal areas of Pakistan seems to open up a new chapter in the hunt for Osama, will this lead to his capture just before the presidential elections here in the US. A victory such as this could assure Bush's re-election.

The Bush administration is preparing an offensive that would reach inside Pakistan with the goal of destroying Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda network.
www.chicagotribune.com...
(registration req'd) or you can go to;
www.chron.com...
Referred to in internal Pentagon messages as the "spring offensive," the operation would be driven by certain undisclosed events in Pakistan and across the region, sources said. A source familiar with details of the plan said this is "not like a contingency plan for North Korea, something that sits on a shelf. This planning is like planning for Iraq. They want this plan to be executable, now."

An operation into Pakistan would present extraordinary risks geopoliticaly if not carried out in a short, sharp and limited campaign.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This does not suprise me at all, in fact has been suggested as a possability at ATS awhile back.

The Cross-Hairs are beginning to focus !

Code ORANGE,..& the next war,..the next country.

Where are all the nukes now !!??

NEWS: Protests in Pakistan support Nuclear Scientists

And AP News has posted a somewhat deviated article on the subject..

ap.tbo.com...

Although the reasoning I have suggested has not been widely accepted as accurate or reasonable, the corolations can easily be drawn.

Pakistan would not be a difficult country to access by the US military (politically), with the current administration and the sentiment of the population of their own government, and I would suggest that after any spring offensive, much USD would be needed to 'help' with the economy and secure the position of a most helpful and accomidating leader.

Kudos to the Chicago Trib for breaking this !

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
YES! with our dollar dropping and the deficit spinning out of control lets drop more million dollar bombs to find a terrorist we created, then we can pay cheney, i mean halliburton, billions to come clean it all up.

new topics

join