It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

NEWS: US plans offensive in Pakistan

page: 1

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:58 AM
US plans offensive in Pakistan

The entry of US forces into the tribal areas of Pakistan seems to open up a new chapter in the hunt for Osama, will this lead to his capture just before the presidential elections here in the US. A victory such as this could assure Bush's re-election.

The Bush administration is preparing an offensive that would reach inside Pakistan with the goal of destroying Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda network.
(registration req'd) or you can go to;
Referred to in internal Pentagon messages as the "spring offensive," the operation would be driven by certain undisclosed events in Pakistan and across the region, sources said. A source familiar with details of the plan said this is "not like a contingency plan for North Korea, something that sits on a shelf. This planning is like planning for Iraq. They want this plan to be executable, now."

An operation into Pakistan would present extraordinary risks geopoliticaly if not carried out in a short, sharp and limited campaign.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:40 PM
This does not suprise me at all, in fact has been suggested as a possability at ATS awhile back.

The Cross-Hairs are beginning to focus !

Code ORANGE,..& the next war,..the next country.

Where are all the nukes now !!??

NEWS: Protests in Pakistan support Nuclear Scientists

And AP News has posted a somewhat deviated article on the subject..

Although the reasoning I have suggested has not been widely accepted as accurate or reasonable, the corolations can easily be drawn.

Pakistan would not be a difficult country to access by the US military (politically), with the current administration and the sentiment of the population of their own government, and I would suggest that after any spring offensive, much USD would be needed to 'help' with the economy and secure the position of a most helpful and accomidating leader.

Kudos to the Chicago Trib for breaking this !

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
YES! with our dollar dropping and the deficit spinning out of control lets drop more million dollar bombs to find a terrorist we created, then we can pay cheney, i mean halliburton, billions to come clean it all up.