It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were in chare of disclosure, when would you do it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If I were incharge of disclosure, I would post my 'predicitons' here on ATS, then prove my 'predicitons' correct by slowly disclosing ETs. Think about the applauses and.... POINTS!!!!1

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I would do it just before I attacked Iran. Imagine the distraction...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
As soon as possible. Because we reserve the right to know the truth. Remmemmber, for liberty and juctice for all?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I’d disclose it on a Saturday, when most people are on break……during summer, not on a special holiday.

I’d have it televised in every single language around the world. TV, Radio.

Every leader of each country would be on television debriefing everything from the beginning of first contact, to the present situation.

There would be huge alien craft landing all around the world after the leaders have told us the alien’s nature.

And then after the leaders have finished debriefing, an alien would appear on the TV, a pleasant looking one and would say stuff like “we come in piece.”

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
I would claim that God had sent his angels down to earth, or demons respectively.

Basically i'd try to make it as religiously symbolic as possible*, to get people to go 'ohhh' and 'ahhh', in that order - try to awe people into a contemplative mindframe about what this could mean for the human race, as opposed to everyone reacting at once and blowing each other up.

As for a time-frame, it is not a matter of when, but how.

*This would also help to stop the religious masses turning on each other.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Throbber]

To link disclosure to religion is to continue to shame science. It's the reason we cannot move forward as a civilization and is a completely ignorant idea. This is not a personal attack. I'm sorry I disagree with your idea, but I think it would be the worst possible scenario. Perpetuating ignorance is NOT the answer to anything... EVER. WTF are you thinking?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I would do it just before I attacked Iran. Imagine the distraction...

Thank you for your input, Mr. Cheney. I can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18“we come in piece.”

LOL, yeah. Everyone needs more piece. I hear ya bro.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by flashback

I agree. Mankind needs to divorce itself from the intellectual poison known as religion. This disease has already eaten hundreds of years of progress.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron1994
As soon as possible. Because we reserve the right to know the truth. Remmemmber, for liberty and juctice for all?

I agree, and this is why

To disclose or not to disclose is a bigger issue then the impact of a release of information, or the difficulty in hiding it.

If you believe in keeping secrets from the population, you have to find ways to deceive them, this starts with misinformation, then leads to methods to dumb down, or keep the population from thinking at all. This hurts all of society, except the secret keepers. Furthermore, once the concept of secrecy is allowed it expands into areas that are only for the protection of the secret holders, and has a real thin self rational for it.

Now if you tell the population, then you have to go through the best possible methods of keeping them smart and able to understand things, so now you actually help everyone by teaching what hype is, what shark attack syndrome is, and what distraction is. Plus you have to teach critical thinking. This is good for society, but is tough on the people at the top.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Me, I'd start with the announcement of life microbes found in an asteroid.

Meteorite Yields Evidence of Primitive Life on Early Mars
www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

Building Blocks of Life Found in Two Meteorites
news.nationalgeographic.com...

SPACE.com -- Life is Sweet: Sugar-Packing Asteroids May Have ...
Many of the necessary ingredients for life's recipe have been found to exist in comets and asteroids by studying them from afar. Harder evidence has come ... Source

Then, a few months later, I'd announce water outside the earth.

SPACE.com -- Other Evidence for Water on Europa
The geological evidence is tantalizing, but incomplete it suggests that liquid water could be present... Source

Life in the Universe > Solar System > Titan > Atmosphere and Surface
This provides an explanation for the existence of oxygen compounds on Titan. The water vapour enters Titan's atmosphere in the form of water ice particles ...
skolor.nacka.se...

NASA - NASA Images Suggest Water Still Flows in Brief Spurts on Mars
NASA photographs have revealed bright new deposits seen in two gullies on Mars that suggest water carried sediment through them sometime during the past ...
www.nasa.gov...

Department of Defence Clementine Briefing 1996 (released Oct 2006)

Q: What's the presumptive volume of it then, and how did you discern that?

A: As I mentioned, what we can tell from looking at the radar return is roughly the area that is covered by this. Assuming it reflects ice like ice on Mercury -- making that assumption. That's been well looked at. Then in order to see this back scatter effect, this roadside reflector effect; it's estimated that we have to see some number of wavelengths of our radar into the ice. In reviewing the paper, several of the reviewers posited we probably need to see somewhere between 50 and 100 wavelengths. So our wavelength is about six inches. So at the thickest case, it's roughly 50 feet.

Q: That translates to what in volume?

A: We were very conservative in the press release, but if you take basically 100 square kilometers by roughly 50 feet, you get a volume of something like a quarter of a cubic mile, I think it's on that order. It's a considerable amount, but it's not a huge glacier or anything like that.

Q: Can you compare that with something you know?

A: It's a lake. A small lake.

www.defenselink.mil...

Water in Extrasolar Planet's Atmosphere :: Astrobiology Magazine ...
New Planets Summary (Apr 12, 2007): For the first time, strong evidence for water has been identified in the atmosphere of an extrasolar planet. ...
www.astrobio.net...

This would be followed in a few more months with the discovery of live, but primitive organisms on Mars or Europa.

Anxiously awaiting STEP #3

[edit on 12-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by b309302

I would slowly leak out information to fringe researchers as they are already working on disclosure. Bit by bit I would increase the pace and the quality of the 'leaks' until it started catching the interest of more main stream media like The History Channel, Discovery, National Geography... Media that the general public trusts...

UFO - The History Channel
UFO history on the History Channel. ... The new series UFO Hunters begins in FEBRUARY...Prepare to believe! Is there a government cover-up surrounding ...

History Channel: UFO Files ...
Someone in the History chanel management is a UFO maniac. There are so many legitimate, documented history topics the History channel could cover. ...

History Channel Presents the "Mexico Roswell."-UFO Casebook Files...
UFO FILES Russian Roswell The History Channel, Sunday 5 March ...
Black box ufo secrets history channel...
Majestic Twelve Ufo Cover-Up (History Channel)...

Discovery Channel :: TV Listings :: World's Strangest UFO Stories
Discovery Channel :: News - Human :: UFO Sighting Archive Goes Online
AREA 51: UFO/Military Show on Discovery Channel Tonight - 1/6/97

UFO Evidence : Crop Circles
UFO Evidence is one of the Internet's largest sources of quality research and information on .... Hillary Mayell, National Geographic News, August 2, 2002 ..

UFO Breaking News! UFO Articles UFO Opinion Editorial UFO Flying ...
UFO Breaking News Daily UFO News UFO Press Releases UFO Articles UFO Commentary UFO Sightings UFO Opinion ... National Geographic Solves Roswell UFO Enigma! ...

Then the big networks will start picking up on stories and treating them a little more seriously....

Larry King Show on CNN etc...
CBS coverage of Bay Area UFO expo where the announcer said ..." but some folks here have a serious message to tell..."

DOH Thats all OLD NEWS

[edit on 12-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
someone said they'd do it right before they attack Iran. That would not help the NWO. It would open up people's eyes that the government secretly attacked Iran and started World War 3 under cover of alien disclosure. That's a big "Hey, look over there!", and you know how those go. It only destracts your enemy for a second, and then they are 20 times more pissed then they would've been.

Then again, the powers of the govt seem to thrive during mass chaos...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'd reveal everything during the Superbowl. Or on the last night of American Idol...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join