It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

novemember 11 = 1111

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I happened to notice the date was 11/11. Knowing that 1111 is regarded as a "special" sequence of numbers by some, I was somewhat surprised that no conspiracies or concerns seemed to have risen concerning the date. I temporarily chalked it up to the unattractiveness of the date 11/11/07 -- but I searched ATS anyway... and found this thread

Speaking to you from the future (the last post was on 11/02), it seems to be a very ordinary Sunday for me. There's nothing unusual going on; Bush is still president, and no one still conclusively knows if Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

I will say this, though; I've noted the time 11:11. Knowing the amount of reverence held for that time, I have some respect for it. I say this because for that moment, many hopefuls in the world are making wishes, or thinking that something special is going to happen. However, those hopefuls also don't realize that, unless they're completely synchronized with the atomic clock that records Greenwich Mean Time, it's not actually 11:11. It might be 11:16, or 11:03. But our beloved hopefuls will make their wishes anyway, because they believe. That belief -- that love for something they cannot otherwise prove -- is what causes me to respect 11:11.

Naturally, because I 'respect' it, I have a tendency to notice it rather frequently as well. Hence, the date -- and hence my entire motivation for finding this thread.

My point is this; patterns can be found wherever one looks. The pseudoscientist in me wants to attribute this to 'particles simultaneously existing in all possible states on the quantum level.' However, I'm more likely to attribute it to our perception, which is shaped by our experiences from growth. Humans need patterns to associate with: you must have noticed that symbols are very quickly formed and obsessed over, in almost all aspects of society. Businesses need logos. Countries need flags. Religions need relics.

And 'victims' need dates. Something to hold onto, which preserves a poor representation of an object which is currently perceived as 'lost'. I reference war memorials, and the various items that have been sold since 9/11 -- all depicting the towers (another symbol) and/or the date.

I think if a terrible event was going to happen, the planner/s wouldn't pick an epic and symbolic date; they would be more likely to pick something nondescript. The associations with the "11" in 9/11 and the towers didn't circulate until after the event; it even sprouted such interesting conspiracies as the one involving Microsoft's Wingdings font (see here. However, the "11" in today's date may have triggered any unease you have about 9/11. This unease, combined with your recent introduction to the 'uniqueness' of the numbers 1111, may have led you to the very thoughts that sparked up this post.

I conclude; be careful. There aren't any demons in the shadows -- but that doesn't mean you won't see any.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
gogermany.about.com...

CARNIVAL TIME 11:11

Carnival in Germany actually starts November 11 at 11:11 pm

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Arafat died on 11:11
His tomb is 11 by 11 meters.

www.saudigazette.com.sa...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
holy # man, i have been seeing 611 almost every day for 3 years now, and i too am a gemini. my birthday is june 11= 611. it seems i can go a day without seeing 11...and the weird thing is that i too felt that somethin bad is goin to happen but for me i feel its gonna happen on june 11, but still so weird that someone else sees it and is a gemini. woah. get back to me on that

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

thats so weird...im a gemini and was on 6/11 and ive been seein the number 11 everywhere i go for the past 3 to 4 years..cant explain but i have a feelin that somethins gonna happen and soon and it'll have somethin to with that number..still so weird that so many people have the same problem i did, thought i was alone in this..feels good to know im not. thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've been where you're at, finding coincidences in numbers, and its not healthy to obsess over. In the end they are just numbers and coincidences, and numbers cannot physically harm you. November 11th will come and nothing major will happen, then you will start obsessing over November 11th, 2011 (11-11-11). Don't give in to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nothing major will happen?
NOTHING MAJOR WILL HAPPEN?!?!

MY BIRTHDAY WILL HAPPEN!

coincidentally my brothers born on the 10th of november (3 year age difference)
and my mums birthdays on the 12th of november (25 year age difference)
and my dads on December 13th.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Maybe it's Frodo Baggins friend Samwise telling us it's time for elevensies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join