It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly Christmas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They say it starts earlier and earlier every year, but what the heck!!

I took my little one to Kindie this morning and then took a wonder back through the shopping centre we live on top of. Most of the shops have some kind of halloween theme going on with blow up pumpkins, skulls, skeletons, orange and black balloons and the like.

So I'm wondering about, not a care in the world, I've left THE LAW (wife) at home in bed, she needs her beauty sleep!! And there they are a couple of workmen type guys with big boxes of tinsel and giant shiney balls the size of your head. I think to my self, "That's a bit early the must be getting them out of storage to put up in a few weeks"

I go and have my breakfast - satay beef noodles and a one egg and ham omelette, couple of slices of toast and a cold coffee to wash it all down - and read the South China Morning Post.

Then I trek back through the centre and ***What the heck*** the shiney balls are all over the place. I'm sure one of the work guys was humming "Santa claus is coming to town!"

I'm in freaking tinsel town... In October... Before Halloween... In a pseudo Communist country... The whole thing is just about as messed up as it can be!!

So when will you guys all over the wonderful world start seeing the Chrimbo deccies starting to appear.

Me I'm freaked, it's too early and I don't wanna think about it for at least another month!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH

MonKey

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's so true.
This weekend I noticed some Christmas displays around town as well. I agree with you. Let's let halloween happen before I see that bearded fat guy hangin' around.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

[sitting on the couch with Chikey now...one eye closed, staring at him, elvis snarl, hand on Chikey's shoulder)

Bud?

I HEAR YA!!!!

I saw the Halloween stuff out at the end of August!

The Christmas decorations are starting in the stores now.

Over-commercialization and Corporate money-hungry mongers have risen from their summer sleep and are on the prowl now. They need to fill their already stuffed wallets with more dough from us victims um....er..sorry..consumers.

We are pretty much de-sensitised for 2 months. Oct - Dec.

When the big day (Dec. 25th) rolls around...so will our eyes...:shk:

Earlier and earlier.

Jeese...before you know it, kiddies will be starting their summer vacation, and the week after...setting up the ol' Christimas tree. hoh..boy..

(Shh...I didn't say that out loud...)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The stores here have had Christmas stuff in for the last 2 weeks.
"The Nightmare Before Christmas" The new name for halloween.
This year I'm being a scrooge...except for the turkey.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

[sitting on the couch with Chikey now...one eye closed, staring at him, elvis snarl, hand on Chikey's shoulder)

Bud?

I HEAR YA!!!!

Jeese...before you know it, kiddies will be starting their summer vacation, and the week after...setting up the ol' Christimas tree. hoh..boy..

(Shh...I didn't say that out loud...)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Might as well just make the x-mas tree a permanent fixture!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Jingle sells, jingle sells
Money in the till.
Oh, what fun it is to shop.
Never get your fill.

Time to feed the hungry ghosts!

As much as I would LOVE to have Christmas year round, even I have to agree, that one holiday should officially end before the next one is presented. Too much confusion for the young.
"Mommy, I want that really scary mask!"
"That's a plastic Santa face to hang on the door, dear."
"Mommy, can we have those with the turkey?"
"No, dear. Peppermint candy canes are for Christmas."

Well, I'm glad to know that it's not just in the USA the holidays in stores get mixed together. Is it the West's revenge for the flu season?

You know, when my older sisters were little (early 1940's), no decorations were put up in the house till Christmas Eve. Boxes of ornaments and other holiday splendor didn't come down from the attic till then.

OK...I confess I bought eggnog already...and drank it! This is getting a little...no a lot...crazy!

No, this mixing of the holidays should stop! It's not like the economy will fall apart if they're not mixed...or will it

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
But its not Xmas until you see this..........

A Garfield Christmas Special
Part 1

A Garfield Christmas Special
Part 2

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Happy ThanksNewGiveOween. And to all a good night.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Aww no, i love that about christmas! lol, yeah its waaay too commercial, and the main message of togetherness and peace and love, is bein matched with 'give give give, take take take!', but everyone loves givin people presents, its the nicest feelin ever makin someone else happy
plus u get a little somethin'-somethin' aswel and thats always good

Christmas, I think, is the best time of the year, for a milllllion reasons, and I LOVE the two month hype. Christmas wouldn't be christmas without all that excitement and 'cheer' building up around u, even though it has commercial accessories, that happiness is still there, even if its a hassle you know deep down christmas makes alot of people happy, and why shouldn't we get as much out of it as we can?

Its the time when most people, nomatter what their current situation (or how bad it is), will always try and make an effort to be kind towards others, and it's all just a big chain reaction of kindness and excitement and yaaay

When i know Christmas is comin' round, i start to tingle, thinking of classic coca cola adds, that warm safe feeling you get of ebing inside by the fire with some hot chocolate whilst the weather is wild, white and black christmas movies, board games with missing peices, christmas crackers and drunk relatives, christmas music, little kids puttin alll their faith in santy (aww), crappy handmade decorations, a mammoth nicest dinner ever, hustle and bustle of christmas shoppers, just the idea of people wanting to make other people happy. And if i'm not gonna experience any of the above, knowin' someone else will is so lovely

Christmas is the main time of year where its main objective is to appreciate the ones we hold close, (yeah jesus and stuff, i live in ireland so i know all about jesus and christmas lol but non-religious people can experience the same joy)but its also about the kids!!!All this excitement about christmas means the world to them, santa is the best role model ever lol and we should portray that symbol of good as often as we can, as the world grows more violent we should cling onto christmas as tight as we can, to show how much human kindness there really is, and how we cn forget about all that violence for even just one day.

I love the hype! lol, i wana make the most out of christmas, for as long as i can, my family are gonna atleast try to be one for atleast a day, and i wana make the most out of that
wooooh christmas
however mixin it with halloween is sorta veeery commercial, but ah sure, still brings happiness doesnt it? to kids in the least...and me,.. a big kid

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Ride The Spiral]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's OK Halloween is now finished.

Bring on the X-MAS.

The presents, the tree, the turkey, the stuffing, the pudding and a whole week off work!!

Woo Hoo

MonKey

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

top topics

join