It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unreleased 9/11 Pentagon Security Tapes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The video posted by the OP does show two interesting things , to my untrained eye anyway . So if I am way off here please say so .
It would seem the video shows the front tip of the object just as it first comes into the camera\'s view . It then should be possible to make an educated guess as to how far away the object is from the camera and base a guess as to the relative size of the object in question .
Another thing I notice , is the camera which recorded the image did not move or jolt as a result of the crash . Also if you notice , you will see the smallest amounts of debris , almost leaf like , blown into view then the debris appears to simply fall on the ground in front of the camera .

Not sure of any of this really matters , just wanted to toss my two cents out there .

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by monoclear
You know you're very good at making ambiguous unprovable claims, and relying on fallacies and pitfalls to prop your baseless arguments. But I've yet to see you provide any actual evidence to back up your claims. You accuse people of being ignorant and not doing their research when they make the effort to support their claims with citations and evidence, and yet you seem little concerned about the fact that you provide absolutely nothing but baseless declarations. .

I always provide evidence to support what i post. Its not my fault that most poeple that believe the official story do not want tho accept it.

I have lots of sites that are professional and government research sites. So i do a little about what i am talking about. I also have a background in aviation and law enforcement.

Here are just a few sites i use.

www.defenselink.com...
www.gloablsecurity.org...
www.ctstudies.com...
www.trackingthethreat.com...
www.securityinfowatch.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Originally posted by Damocles
Just because the FBI took the tapes doesnt mean it has the right to release them.

But they should be released for a FOIA request.

um, not so much really...unless their response would be "we dont have any tapes which are within our authority to release".

bottom line is that the tapes the confiscated are NOT theirs to release to the public. they can use them for evidence and present them at trial but the govt doesnt own them and therefore cannot release them to the public. IF they are ever released it SHOULD be because the owners of the tape agree to release them or to release them themselves.

oh, and about the phones...in 01, werent most phones still either analog or triband which had an analog mode, and doesnt analog have more power than digital so it had a longer range? were any of these "tests" that "prove" the phones couldnt work done with analog phones? that would be a key question to ask IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

they can use them for evidence and present them at trial but the govt doesnt own them and therefore cannot release them to the public.

But the point is the videos were not used in trial. There should be no reason for the FBI not to release the tapes (specially for the family members) unless there is a matter of nantional security.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

they can use them for evidence and present them at trial but the govt doesnt own them and therefore cannot release them to the public.

But the point is the videos were not used in trial. There should be no reason for the FBI not to release the tapes (specially for the family members) unless there is a matter of nantional security.

OTHER than the fact that the tapes do NOT belong to the FBI or any other govt agency and therefore they can NOT release them to us general populace folks.

they COULD and SHOULD release any of the tapes that belong to the govt (ie taken from govt facilities such as the pentagon) but those that were taken from hotels etc they simply can NOT release to us because they arent theirs to release.

so rather than bitch about the govt not releasing the tapes, has anyone contacted the hotels etc to inquire whther they ever got their tapes back and if they would be willing to release them?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

so rather than bitch about the govt not releasing the tapes, has anyone contacted the hotels etc to inquire whther they ever got their tapes back and if they would be willing to release them?

Please show me the exemption that excludes the FBI from allowing FOIA requests for evidence confiscated from 3rd parties.

Also why did FBi have to also remove cameras from the gas station?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Please show me the exemption that excludes the FBI from allowing FOIA requests for evidence confiscated from 3rd parties.

yeah, ill get on that sometime, i guess i just figured it was common knowledge, guess i was wrong. and having said that, it IS possible im totally mistaken about that all together. ive just never seen or heard of them releaseing evidence confiscated from a 3rd party ever. so yeah, maybe im way off base on that one but i dont think i am. as always if i am im willing to admit it.

Also why did FBi have to also remove cameras from the gas station?

how or why would i know, or care about that? seriously, why would i know about that and if i did know why would i care? thats outside my area and frankly i dont see how it has anything to do with this thread, or anything else for that matter?

do you have some insight into this and youre just testing me to look smart or are you genuinly curious about it?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

do you have some insight into this and youre just testing me to look smart or are you genuinly curious about it?

Well i do think its odd that the FBI confiscates video tapes and then removes cameras.

Why remove the cameras if you have the videos? Was there something the cameras were pointing at that they should not be ?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
well u know, that could be possible. if the camera was pointed at the gate to the pentagon, then that camera would be able ot monitor the comings and goings and im pretty sure thats something we wouldnt want to fall into hte hands of a hostile countries intelligence service. cuz how hard would it be for osmeone to get a job at one of those places and gain access to the tapes. hell thats tom clancy 101 right there. so yeah, if it came to their attention then they just might go ahead and remove or order removed the cameras. or at least have them repositioned.

so i guess personally i dont find it all that odd myself. maybe its the pain meds who knows

edit to add: ive sent out a couple emails about foia regs just cuz now im curious myself. obviously i ownt have anything for a few days so when i get responses ill post them here whether im right or wrong. (of course im going to redact my own info out of them but im sure you all understand that)

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Damocles]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

edit to add: ive sent out a couple emails about foia regs just cuz now im curious myself. obviously i ownt have anything for a few days so when i get responses ill post them here whether im right or wrong. (of course im going to redact my own info out of them but im sure you all understand that)

You did not need to sned e-mails. I have a copy of the 9 exemptions for FOIA requests. They are cut down on here for size.

www.foiadvocates.com...

1. National defense or foreign policy information properly classified pursuant an Executive Order. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(1).

2. Documents "related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency." 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(2).

3. Documents "specifically exempted from disclosure by statute" other than FOIA, but only if the other statute's disclosure prohibition is absolute. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(3).

4. Documents which would reveal "[t]rade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person and privileged or confidential." 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(4).

5. Documents which are "inter-agency or intra-agency memorandum or letters" which would be privileged in civil litigation. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(5).

6. Documents which are "personnel and medical and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy." 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(6).

7. Documents which are "records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes," but only if one or more of six specified types of harm would result. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(7).

8. Documents which are related to specified reports prepared by, on behalf of, or for the use of agencies which regulate financial institutions. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(8).

9. Documents which would reveal oil well data. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(9).

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
well i sent them and ill post my replies either way. we all know that there are "policies" which may or may not be reflected in the statutes so we'll see if thats one of the sheilds they are using to not release the tapes.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

well i sent them and ill post my replies either way. we all know that there are "policies" which may or may not be reflected in the statutes so we'll see if thats one of the sheilds they are using to not release the tapes.

The only one i could see them trying to envoke would be number 7, it deals with law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Do you think that the FBI had to use as evidence some private video tape that included some kind of private sexual act between two citizens that one the case was closed that they would be allowed to give it out to the public because of a request? Or to do so without permission?

And can they be forced to hand over evidence that can hurt national security? Such as surveillance o a secure facility? Of course ignoring the fact that there is an open ongoing investigation which really makes the whole issue moot right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
Do you think that the FBI had to use as evidence some private video tape that included some kind of private sexual act between two citizens that one the case was closed that they would be allowed to give it out to the public because of a request? Or to do so without permission?

And can they be forced to hand over evidence that can hurt national security? Such as surveillance o a secure facility? Of course ignoring the fact that there is an open ongoing investigation which really makes the whole issue moot right now.

If you would read the exemptions you would see there is 1 for personal information.

Is the 9/11 investigation still ongoing, and why ? Its been 6 years i think they should have the majority of the reports done. I mean they only took 5 days to do the Pentagon crime scene.

Also if the FBI had a good reason for an exemption they should state it, not just withold or deny request.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by ULTIMA1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join