It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: Electromagnetic pulse bombs from 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Pentagon: Electromagnetic pulse bombs from 2012

www.theregister.co.uk

The newer, smarter weapon to be battlefield-tested in Gulf War Two will be that fantasy of every sci-fi writer, a death-ray. The HPM (high-power microwave) bomb... 100 lightning bolts, focused into a single pulse of radiation ... The bomb is... ready to lock and load... it can penetrate underground... cunning radiation will eel its way through ventilation shafts... you can't hide.

Those who have been exposed to HPM report that its effect is agonising. The radiation penetrates below the skin, boiling nerve cells. It can blind. It induces uncontrollable panic... Will Iraqi civilians serve as guinea pigs? No one knows what the long-term effect of microwave exposure is...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Article talks about a "microwave gun" that's been used in Iraq but doesn't work in the rain.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Easy enough solution. Move to the Pacific Northwest and buy a .306.

Case closed.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
Article talks about a "microwave gun" that's been used in Iraq but doesn't work in the rain.

Are you sure your not talking about ADT
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.mindfully.org...

This thread seems to imply of some kind of advanced Mircowave Bomb

[edit on 29-10-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, read the original article -- they mentioned a weapon and a gun that IS being used in Iraq, I guess it's like a stun gun or a taser. The weapon, like the quotes I provided, is energy-based like that thread you just posted. And those effects seem really awful. Seems HAARP-related.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Seems HAARP-related.

Forget HAARP, this is like standing inside a household microwave, without a tin-foil hat.
HAARP is for [mod edit] weak people.

Nuk'en em' any way they can!

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
www.engadget.com...

This happened a few years ago. I remember seeing the video. I would imagine that they are talking about the same device (the one that is already in use in Iraq that is).

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
www.engadget.com...

This happened a few years ago. I remember seeing the video. I would imagine that they are talking about the same device (the one that is already in use in Iraq that is).

No No No, my whole point!.

Back on topic!

This thread is about a high-power microwave bomb. Not a ray gun, as everybody keeps pointing out. Remember this is under 'breaking news'
Intresting story as it says developed by 2012.. You really think the USA dont already have such arsenal.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Published Thursday 25th January 2007 11:32 GMT The US military has finally rolled out its Silent Guardian - a 95GHz millimetre wave "active denial system" designed to "repel individuals or crowds without causing injury".

The weapon - mounted atop a Humvee - reportedly has a range of 500 metres within which it heats its targets' skin to 50°C. According to the BBC, journalists who voluntarily put themselves in the firing line during a demonstration at an air base in Georgia, "described the sensation as similar to a blast from a very hot oven - too painful to bear and forcing them to dive for cover".

The system's antenna emits a focused beam of millimeter wave energy. The beam travels at the speed of light and penetrates the skin to a depth of 1/64 of an inch, producing an intolerable heating sensation that causes the targeted individuals to instinctively flee or take cover. The sensation ceases immediately when an individual moves out of the beam or the operator steers the beam away. Silent Guardian does not cause injury because of the shallow penetration depth of the millimetre wave.

Paradox in those first two paragraphs -- "without causing injury" and then "too painful to bear" -- seems like more U.S. Imperialism at its best (insert sarcasm) . . . .

Furthermore, here's a PDF file from the 2007 Air Armament symposium w/ layout like a Powerpoint presentation / graphics. It's pretty insane how they're that straight forward about the use of these direct-energy weapons.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyJo

Sorry to derail the topic. Yes, I would imagine that it is ready to go. Although, I didn't think that EMP's were anything new. I would have figured that we had the technology for a long time for a harnessed EMP.

I also find it surprising, just how many things will be "completed around 2012". It seems like every company that promises some future product, is promising sometime "around 2012".

I probably just watch for that date more than any others, so it is just a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Paradox in those first two paragraphs -- "without causing injury" and then "too painful to bear" -- seems like more U.S. Imperialism at its best (insert sarcasm) . . .

Yet again, anhinga, your first source refers to bombs, not ray guns, dishes, antennas.
What you and others keep refering back to is Active Denial Technology. I dont believe that is what the original post in your thread refers to..

I think this is where your meant to say "Hey Im suggesting/reporting of a new type of bomb"

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yeah, but the article doesn't mention the bomb that much, even within their links. That 'gun' was in there and linked, thought the quote since someone else mentiond it; also, inserted that PP presentation since it's the only other item within the three news pages of relevance -- aside from the original quotes. Anyone got any more info on these weapons -- so they're not HAARP-related??!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yeah, but the article doesn't mention the bomb that much, even within their links.

You say the article doesnt mention the bomb 'that much', although you called this topic 'Electromagnetic pulse bombs from 2012, also lets just look at the first couple of paragraphs of the article, kind of sets the 'bomb' agenda dont you think

The newer, smarter weapon to be battlefield-tested in Gulf War Two will be that fantasy of every sci-fi writer, a death-ray. The HPM (high-power microwave) bomb... 100 lightning bolts, focused into a single pulse of radiation ... The bomb is... ready to lock and load... it can penetrate underground... cunning radiation will eel its way through ventilation shafts

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
how can it be an EMP and an HPM at the same time?
i thought emp's would just take out electronics.

this is a crazy weapon man....friggin microwave bomb. i remember us talking about the hummer mounted micro gun...friggin cook yo ass if you don't get out of the way.

solution=make one you can't get away from i guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have known about the EMP weapons since 1988 when I read WAR DAY the novel by Strieber and Kunetka and saw James Burke's PBS Connections series.

Yields are different now, but even with "hardening" these EMP weapons if strategically placed by orbital insertion could take out at least one third of the population without injury or catastrophic property damage.

Three or more high yield EMP weapons would take out the infrastructure of the whole of United States by fusing and destroying electronic devices, recorded data private, banks and government and anything electronic including your car and computers including the factories that make replacement parts. Pumps for water or gas, transportation and refrigeration of food, drugs and much more.

It was estimated that the many millions people would die in the ensuing weeks and months from lack of food and water, medical care and all the other things we now take for granted.

With new technology, part of the yield could be in electromagnetic frequencies that would harm people by using the same frequencies and energy in the pain device. Easy enough to use. Neutron weapons are the same devices pretty much with specific gamma and other radio frequencies that destroy tissue, but also anything living, leaving the buildings and "spoils" untouched. Even bacteria would be gone. Very nasty.

The weapons technologies in place and on the drawing board would likely be way beyond these and more. The mad scientists are not only mad, they are sadistic power and status addicted sub-humanity.

They will pay for such disregard of life in ways they cannot imagine.

ZG

top topics

join