It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damm the Red Rox, and Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, the Sox just won...

The Pats just might be the best team in NFL history, and The celtics have Kevin Garrnet.

It is possible that the City of Bostan might have the Championship in the 3 major sports. The pats are just that good, and KG is just going to go nuts all season in the lEastern Confrence...

i hate boston right now...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Boston fans have learned to feed on the jealously/annoyance of all other teams. We know that we're unliked at this point, but is it our fault that the teams are doing so well? My only explanation in the fanatical devotion is due to the horrible climate and taxes that Massachusetts have so we take our extracurricular activities more seriously. While I'd rather not be "that guy" who gushes over supreme dominance it's really hard when it seems like everything is going so well. Yay Red Sox, they had a spectacular year and anyone who hates on them doesn't understand sports.

Edit to ask, why hate Boston right now? I understand the argument against the fans but since you mostly don't have to deal with it, is there really any legitimate reason for the bitterness? The best team wins, and against any odds things are stacked in Boston's favor. Did they have any undue advantage?

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Kwyjibo]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
Edit to ask, why hate Boston right now? I understand the argument against the fans but since you mostly don't have to deal with it, is there really any legitimate reason for the bitterness?

Becuase i was happy for the Sox in '04, and i was hoping it would be another 86 years for them... not 3...

The Pats, and Brady are going to smash just about every record in the history of the league, and are in full on phycopath mode when playing. Its like they are a 10 year madden player playiing with a All-Madden team against some guy that just picked up the game, and is useing a NFL Europe team, its just ridiculess how good they are right now, it is like they are on a mission to embaress every other team in the league until some other coach snaps and charges Billiciek Midway thru the 3rd quater after the Pats scored to go up 70-0 and decided to go for two, just because they can...

Also, being a fan of LA sports, i have the right to feel bitter anytime I see football, and scream many cusre words because the city still doesn't have a team.

And, my allience to LA brings me to my great hatred of the celtics, who just so happen to trade for Probaly the best and nicest guy in the NBA (after Shaq) and the only guy that would have made Kobe calm the (blank) down... Now Kobe is throwing tizzy fits, and demanding to be traded, and facing the situation, that in less then a 5 year span our garbage GM would have traded away Shaq and Kobe for nothing, thats 2 of the 10 best players of all time hands down, and they got nothing in return for Shaq, and there is no deal in the league that can match Kobe, so if(when) he gets traded the Lakers are screwed, and if they don't trade him, he is going to sabatauge the season...

So, until A-Rod signs with the Dodgers, and Shaq comes back to LA, and a NFL team reloactes to LA, i am going to be bitter...

...enjoy your time at the top, it won't last forever...

So take your QB (who is problay the best ever) and your Red Sox with the incomprable Manny, and your new Big three (Peirce, Allen, KG) and enjoy.

Serioulsy, the Pats are just insane, they are 8-0 against the spread as well, thats just not right, if they keep that up, that will be by far the craziet thing in sports history, honestly, how can you be up 52-0 in a NFL game, and then have your coach be visualy disturbed when the opposing team scores late in the 4th to 'pull' within 45 points...

But its all not so bad, i do have Brady/Moss on my fantasy team... so there is a bright spot...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
As much as I don't enjoy watching Boston doing good in pro sports the flip side to that is the demise of NY teams, Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Giants, Jets, throw in the Nets and I won't even talk about hockey.

While I don't consider Boston a small market place if good to see other than NY doing good and I'm sure by the time they become relevant again people would welcome them again.

Other than that I don't think Boston is near to make it as a powerhouse just yet, football is too unpredictable with the injuries, Celtics play in the EC and the best team in that confrence don't have a chance against the best 4 of the WC, and the Red Sox have some issues to address this offseason in regards to free agency and middle relieve pitching and in the AL with so much competiton is hard for any team now to do what the Yankees did in the 90's. So I don't think that Boston would become the center of pro sports in the future.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Becuase i was happy for the Sox in '04, and i was hoping it would be another 86 years for them... not 3...

Well I hope you can understand that it is not the intent of the Red Sox and their fans to wallow in self-pity. They might've gained a lot of support by being the proverbial underdogs but it is well known that Boston has an astronomical pay roll much like the Yankees. The difference between the two teams being that the player's on one team play well together and become a "bigger sum than their parts," while the other seems like a bunch of hired mercenaries (forgive the bias).

its just ridiculess how good they are right now, it is like they are on a mission to embaress every other team in the league...

To me the Pats are showing up the league for busting them and attempting to throw doubt on their previous successes. To quote the greatest blog in Boston sports:

Belichick has decided that they need to break every single season record in the book and leave no doubt that they are the greatest team in the history of the NFL...It is simply unprecedented what we are witnessing. This isn't about a team trying to just win a championship. This is about a team trying to put together the single greatest season in the history of mankind. A season that will live on long after all of us are gone from this earth.

Source: Barstoolsports

I hope the link is permitted because they're on point with their analysis.

And, my allience to LA brings me to my great hatred of the celtics, who just so happen to trade for Probaly the best and nicest guy in the NBA (after Shaq) and the only guy that would have made Kobe calm the (blank) down...

The NBA would be much more entertaining if both the Celtics and Lakers returned to the type of success that gave actual meaning to the NBA. Celtics finally seem to have caught a break, there has been a cloud over the franchise since they got the second pick in the 86 draft. The Lakers could've done more to get Garnett, and Kobe seems to finally realize he can't carry the team by himself. That should be the great thing about having three hungry, yet old, superstars in a weak conference.

...enjoy your time at the top, it won't last forever...

Nothing worthwhile lasts forever, but the exciting part is that it could last for a while. One thing about Boston fans in general is they do appreciate success and will hopefully never sink into the depths of pretentiousness like some of our bitter rivals.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Other than that I don't think Boston is near to make it as a powerhouse just yet, football is too unpredictable with the injuries, Celtics play in the EC and the best team in that confrence don't have a chance against the best 4 of the WC, and the Red Sox have some issues to address this offseason in regards to free agency and middle relieve pitching and in the AL with so much competiton is hard for any team now to do what the Yankees did in the 90's. So I don't think that Boston would become the center of pro sports in the future.

Injuries are a risk to any team in any sports, at least the Pats have some depth. Yeah I knock on wood that nobody goes down but the management seems to be prepared for all circumstances.

The Celtics would have a hard time against the top four from the Western Conference, no doubt. However even Dallas was foiled by Golden State, so it's not like any of them are invulnerable. At the very least the Celtics will finally be a contender, which should have a positive ripple effect on the rest of the league.

Of course the Red Sox have some issues to deal with in the off-season, who doesn't? The biggest concern being resigning Lowell and forgetting about Arod. They have some of the best young players in the league and an excellent farm system so the future is very bright from where I'm sitting. There is no motivation to become the center of all pro sports, but you can't help the inevitable. Seriously though it wouldn't be a bad thing if more fans had passion for their teams.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Boston is in the middle of probaly the best week of spots the Town will ever see.

They start it off with the Sox winning the WS

Later this week they get the opening of the New Big Three

And on Sunday they are going to have most likly the Most-Hyped Middle of the Season football game of all time. Featureing possibly the 2 best QB's of all time

And after next sunday, when the Pats beat the Colts 48-17, we need to realise how good the Pats are. I like it, they are beautiful, that is the most perfect football i have ever seen.

Noone has been able to put into words how insanly good the Pats are this year, and how Bileick is just that much better then every other coach in the leauge

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I will play the role of sports beat writer.

Coach Belichick is on fire, and not on fire like a candle. He is on fire like California was (thank god that's under control now) last week. The best coach in NFL history (Sorry vince) has just gotten better. How, you ask? I'll tell you. Roger Goodell, AKA the new commish put his foot down on Bill's privates for allegedly "cheating" and took away his 1st rounder. This has obviously enraged Belichick, and to show he doesn't need no stinkin' tapes he's going to flip his middle finger to the entire league by not just beating, but by embarrassing every opponent on the schedule. And Ironicly these events happen to coincide with Belichick finally deciding after last year he was sick and tired of just winning games. I now present Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas, Kelley Washington ( who hasn't played yet) and Donte' Stallworth. Tom Brady finally has weapons (besides himself) on offense. Let's just hope the starters are healthy the entire season(when you embarass teams like the Patriots are, some one important might get a cheap shot or ten, thrown his way), and if they are, then strap yourself in. Cause the Pats are gonna SMASH every record in the book, and go down as the greatest team to ever stand between the hash marks. And remember, were seeing this dynasty unfold before us in the salary cap era. All the past dynasties had NO cap. So we are truly seeing something special.

And to describe in words how good the Pats are I can only come up with this: Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 10/31/2007 by eyes up]

top topics

join