It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Meteorite (??) spotted North of Toronto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wow, those Green Meteors are really amazing aren't they? I saw one about three years ago. I will be completely honest, when I first saw it I was really freaked out. To begin with, I never even knew that Meteors came in any color other than maybe a White Flash, or Yellow at the most colorful. Second, I was up really late all by myself, I was watching television when for whatever reason I just happened to look out of my window, and at that very moment I saw it come streaking down right over the tree-tops (it was close enough that I easily compared it to a falling firework ember).

I feel very fortunate that I witnessed this as it just happened to further advance my interest in Astronomy. I contacted a few individuals, and the most AMAZING part is that through the grapevine, I found on record that another individual about an hour west of me had spotted the very same object a few seconds before I did.

The Green color of the Meteor is from the burning of Nitrogen Gases in the atmosphere. Answer one thing for me, wasn't the green the most awesome pure color of green that you have ever seen?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
When i find things on the net or on a thread like this i get excited. What was discribed here was exactly what i saw in '99 but for me it moved horizontally across the sky! Makes you wonder though what came of this object and where it landed if it did land or crash?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Verbal_Hologram

Hey I was driving home last night from flying into toronto and me and my girlfriend saw this aswell seen that green glow light, Awesome that someone saw this!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Sorry to leave you hanging so long but I can confirm the green meteorite that you saw.

I was working my last flight at YYZ(Toronto Airport) and at 2248 seen the meteorite fly down the 401 from east to west about 45%+.

Glad you posted right away because I really had some doubts as to whether it was a reflection off my glasses.

I only caught a glimpse for 1 second and then it disappeared.

must have been pretty bright for me to see it over the city lights.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey new to the forum this is my first post. I know this thread has been inactive for awhile but i just want to share my sighting also.

Last night i flew in to san fran from ny jfk, was driving with my friend on the i-5 south at about 1:30am when to the east there as a very bright lime green fireball would be the best way to describe it really. It came almost straight down maybe at a 75degree angle. It looked very low in the sky almost like a firecracker only coming down not going up. It was very very bright and resembled a flare which was the first explanation that came to mind but it only lasted about 1-2seconds and made no noise. As it came down it formed a tail that seemed to expand wider while staying bright before dissipating into nothing. I have no idea what it was and was a little shocked when i did a google search and it came up with green fireballs and project twinkle and all this crazy stuff that resembles exactly what i witnessed.

I've seen many comets in my day and they are very different then what i saw last night. The typical comet that i've witnessed would be different variations of brightness but all on the dim side, almost like a star shooting across the sky horizontal to the horizon and very fast. Typically they would have very high altitude and even if your looking in the same direction as the comet and blink or if your not focused you might miss it, what i saw nobody could miss. I was driving and in mid conversation with my passenger when it happened and we both saw it. I thought that maybe my passenger didn't see it as it was almost directly to my left but from the way he describes it I think he had a better view then me since i was still kinda focused on not driving off the road. It was also very low, i wasn't even looking up in the sky it looked so low i was almost expecting an impact on the ground or something but nothing not even a sound. Just as fast as it appeared it was gone.

The most logical explanation is that it was some kind of comet but i can honestly say it was the weirdest thing i've ever seen in my life.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I saw a green fireball last month, south east of Toronto. It flared very bright green and seemed to travel horizontally so maybe it just skimmed our atmosphere. I saw a large orange fireball in Vancouver about 11 years ago which lasted well over a minute, seeming to travel straight down towards us. I've never seen any green aerial phenomena before, that's how I found this sight.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by augoldminer

Blueish hued Green is usually arsenic in the composition I think.
edit on 8-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join