It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-semitism from the "birdman"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
First, where's the real discussion here? Seems to be more about lack of respect for other's viewpoints and discussion of that topic than racism.

Second, we ALL have had racist thoughts at one time or another. We discriminate by looking at differences. Acting on those thoughts is different however. Some recognize that external data holds little value in relationships and over-compensate by being "extra friendly" to people who are a different race. I can honestly say I've done this in the past, not as a decision of choice, but more out of reaction to an unusual circumstance. But aren't we ALL different? Isn't that part of the excitement of being a human being too? Why are differences always considered bad?
Some seem to really accentuate difference and find any reason to validate themselves. Low self-esteem seems to be a common trait. There are likely many reasons people become racist and actively pursue separation or even go so far as to perform hate crimes (I truly don't understand this as I have no experience to draw from here).

I think most of racism is a learned behavior. So we all need to be considerate of how our actions are viewed by others and seek the path of Unity... we're all in this together regardless of race or any other quality. Perhaps if we can all start "living" this belief we can actually make a difference in this world.

Peace to ALL, every color, every culture, every living being.

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here's a pointer for starters.

~Don't start threads that would involve different races

Or remarks regarding other races because you know

Damn well how it would end up. People arguing

About race,racism,religion, whatevers. So next

Time you think about posting anything regarding

different ethnicities, do just that and think

about it again. We don't need this.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Major headline.

Some unknown guy hates jews.

Tell me why this unknown guy's views should be validated by exposure on this website?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

That's where I differ....

YOU may think that posting a topic such as this would end up the way you just described, but I happened to expect more from people.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I agree with the statement " your a product of your environment"

Taco,

While you say you are racist, your really not.
The only reason why you fear going into an area that you described is because of what you see from movies, tv shows, and some news reports.
It's social conditioning at it's worst.

I believe media has everything to do with racism, they keep it going. While I am guilty too from posting this thread,...

I'm glad you came out with the truth. Now, we can move on. You talk of blacks in prison. THERE ARE 1.6 MILLION BLACKS IN TODAY'S PRISONS WE ONLY MAKE UP ABOUT 12% OF AMERICAN SOCIETY!

WHEN YOU HAVE SO MANY PEOPLES UNDER INCARCERATION IN ONE NATION, YOU KNOW WHAT ITS CALLED!

ITS CALLED OCCUPATION! BLACKS ARE UNDER JUDICIAL AND MILITARY OCCUPATION! JUST LIKE THE IRAQIS!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Major headline.

Tell me why this unknown guy's views should be validated by exposure on this website?

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

Hello Jeffrey,

I respectfully disagree. I think people DO need to talk about this. People need to communicate better and NOT feel restricted from expressing themselves. This is part of how we learn about ourselves. I could sit and write this on a word processor and read it to myself and that may be slightly helpful to me, but getting feedback and honest discussion from other's viewpoints helps me to understand each other and how we are all different; which in turn helps me learn about myself. It's OK to be different.
What I DO agree on is that we should be respectful of other's viewpoints regardless of what they are. That is what loving people is ALL about. By open (and honest) discussion of the topic, we can all learn something about other's which will help us learn about ourselves. Isn't that worth the risk that someone might be offended?
Let us all try to see past each other's post in the sense that we don't become prejudice ourselves. Stop judging people so harshly. The written word can only communicate so much and leaves so much unknown about someone's true self. Not to mention that we have many different age groups on here, different races from different cultures in different cities in different countries. We're not all likely to agree on this topic, but we can learn from each other if we listen to what people say and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Love & Light,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Major headline.

because it's a "DISCUSSION BOARD" omg!

People post # on here about "hating bush, hating liberals, hating repgugnants, hating this and hating that.
Those topics can get discussed, but not this one?

Look, this was posted for innocent discussion, if you feel the need to take it out of context, maybe you should start a thread about that.

I was looking for intelligent people who are mature enough to debate something like this. Some people have come in this thread and shared statistics, and factual viewpoints. That's what I was looking for,
not a run of the mouth kind of comment. Again this is ATS's discussion forum, did you not click on the link when you came in here this morning??

What do you think that means?

By open (and honest) discussion of the topic, we can all learn something about other's which will help us learn about ourselves. Isn't that worth the risk that someone might be offended?

You would like to think so, just as I thought, but if you read alot of the posts in here, people are more interested in running their mouth and slandering other's viewpoints then having a mature discussion about a touchy subject. OBVIOUSLY, these people can't handle something "touchy"

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I won't be posting in this thread anymore because obviously i'm getting more comments from numbskulls then what I thought.

Ya'll get turn this into whatever ya'll damn want to.

I'm not arguing with anyone about this anymore cuz obviously it's not getting anywhere.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I won't be posting in this thread anymore because obviously i'm getting more comments from numbskulls then what I thought.

Ya'll get turn this into whatever ya'll damn want to.

I'm not arguing with anyone about this anymore cuz obviously it's not getting anywhere.

Peace.

How about this TrueLies:

Why don't you simply not respond to those posts? Change the direction of the thread by not contributing to that aspect of it?

What do you think can be done to change this aspect of humanity? What do you DO in your life to support what you say you believe? I, for one, would really like to hear more about your experiences with racism and how you find it to be a topic worthy of creating a thread on.

In peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Oh, loo, TR posts blatantly offensive material and now plays victim for gettting slammed for it. Boo-friggin' hoo.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Colonel....this is not the Mud-Pit.

Your baiting a response.
Do I need to close the thread?
Let me know, cause the continued 'baiting' is unnecessary and does not bring anything further to this thread/topic.

Thanks.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Jammer,

First of all, I cannot change what people think no matter how hard I try to use logic.
Some people that think they are logical think I am not.
Everyone sees the world in different coloured glasses.
They can only go by their own personal truths.

I for one don't have a problem with people of different colour then myself. I enjoy talking about it, because I know that there are many people out there who have something to say about such topics. I'm not calling on people that are racist to come in here and slam every colour they can think of, I'm asking for respectable people to come to this thread discuss racial problems, maybe tell a story or two they've had, if they have any statistical information they believe in, bring it on.

I knew this guy who wrote this # I posted was a nut job, I knew he was a racist mother #er and I thought it was complete garbage imo, but I wanted to share that with others.

You know, racism is ALIVE and well in alot of countries, and people either shut up about it and turn the other cheek, or get fanatical like they did in rwanda and germany just to name a few, or they harbour alot of animosity and lash out whenever they get the chance, so to talk about it I thought would ok, since this is a discussion board.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Colonel....this is not the Mud-Pit.

Your baiting a response.
Do I need to close the thread?
Let me know, cause the continued 'baiting' is unnecessary and does not bring anything further to this thread/topic.

Thanks.

regards
seekerof

Heh-heh-heh. Ok. I know what the score is. I'm cool.

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is the best thread ever! I am just sad that I did not get in on the ground floor. This is a message board people! Was it wrong to post this essay or whatever you call it: NO! I find many of the view points here offensive or just plain moronic, but you either debate it in a reasonable way or you move to the next thread. You don't scream and cry like an infant.

Said and done.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Major headline.

because it's a "DISCUSSION BOARD" omg!

People post # on here about "hating bush, hating liberals, hating repgugnants, hating this and hating that.
Those topics can get discussed, but not this one?

Look, this was posted for innocent discussion, if you feel the need to take it out of context, maybe you should start a thread about that.

I was looking for intelligent people who are mature enough to debate something like this. Some people have come in this thread and shared statistics, and factual viewpoints. That's what I was looking for,
not a run of the mouth kind of comment. Again this is ATS's discussion forum, did you not click on the link when you came in here this morning??

What do you think that means?

By open (and honest) discussion of the topic, we can all learn something about other's which will help us learn about ourselves. Isn't that worth the risk that someone might be offended?

You would like to think so, just as I thought, but if you read alot of the posts in here, people are more interested in running their mouth and slandering other's viewpoints then having a mature discussion about a touchy subject. OBVIOUSLY, these people can't handle something "touchy"

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by TrueLies]

Those other posts are the personal views of members.Those members that make those posts must also defend them.

Other posts are about quotes from well known people.

This is a wannabe writer who no one has heard of.He is not here to defend his views.

Are they your views? If so then are you going to defend them?

I don't understand when someone posts up a topic which is basically Unknown "writer"(his claim) hates jews.

What is there to discuss.

I agree! This unknown "writer" hates jews.
End of discussion surely.

I'm not going to trash this or lock it.Someone else can if they wish.

I think it raises an important question.That of what is a worthy topic for discussion.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
No, it was completely improper. I know of quite a few members who dislike posting b/c this topic comes up constantly. And to validate a no-name loser's racist opinions here just furthers the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am Dumbfounded, I dont understand< WHY there has to be so much hate.
Peope make people mad, its going to happen. Blacks do this, Jews do that, whites do everything. Who th F... Cares , Really? We are all people tring to survie. Lets think about dogs,, Dogs are all diffrent color, Does that make them act diffrent? They are mamales like us, hum , Know people are going to say they are animals. And we arent? Your right we are more like a virus! All this crap of hate is silly and stupid, And old and tired. Blaaaaaa.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Those who matter don't mind... and those who mind don't matter...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Whatever. Maybe you should read a thread on how this is "supposed" to be done as opposed how you "think" it should be--which is posting every vile nonsense in cyberspace thus validating it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Colonel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join