It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niagara Falls a Canadian Landmark? Not in New U.S. Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Niagara Falls a Canadian Landmark? Not in New U.S. Video

www.foxnews.com

About four minutes into the seven-minute production, viewers are treated to the impressive sight and sound of water roaring over Niagara Falls before the screen shifts to the Lincoln Memorial.

In showing the natural wonder, Disney's filmmakers, however, chose the Horseshoe Falls, the only one of Niagara's three waterfalls to lie almost entirely on the Canadian side of the border separating western New York state from southern Ontario province.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/28/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow. Look out Canada! Not even you chaps are safe from our crazed president! Now he wants YOUR landmarks!

I mean, seriously... did they really expect this to go un-noticed??

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now here's an interesting perspective, posted around the same time as the U.S. annexation of Niagra Falls...

Niagara Falls prophesied as site of Second Coming
By Bill Michel

Updated: 10/28/07 9:05 AM
Charles Lewis/Buffalo News

Isaiah Robertson has his own personal take on how things will unfold and has turned his city home, yard and church into symbols of his faith.

The Second Coming of Christ will occur in Niagara Falls, Isaiah Robertson believes.

“The revival of Jesus Christ will start right here,” he said. “God said he would take his glory from one of the wonders of the world — and that wonder is Niagara Falls.”

SOURCE | BuffaloNews.com | Read more...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, Canada does have the best part of the falls. It's no wonder the film makers used it as footage, they can only wish they have what Canada does.

Let them dream... and spend a fortune on our side of the border, lol.

As for "christ's second coming" being at Niagra Falls... why would they believe that? What led them to believe that the wonder he would be re-created in would be our falls?

Oh well, if they're right, Jesus will be a Canadian. lol.

I wouldn't put any faith in religious prophecies myself. It's all just one big fairy tale in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hahaha!
I can see it now... the falls split in the middle, and out steps Christ. And his first words on Earth as a Canadian?

"It's aboot time we all went to heaven, eh?"

I certainly respect your opinion. I also have problems with "religion". The faith, however, is still good in my book. The way I see it, the faith was hijacked back in the days of Babylon, and the human institution of religion was born. It's kinda hard to describe my thoughts on this - probably needs its own thread.

Personally, I still look for the Christ. I'm not so sure he'll make his second appearance on the Maid of the Mist though.

But opinions aside, I cannot believe that the Bush administration would highlight such a prominent Canadian landmark as their own. I would expect some backlash and contempt from the Canadians about this. Do you think this will irritate your fellow countrymen?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's all part of the North American Union. I guess Bush forgot that this union isn't complete yet. But it has been signed.
North American Union Video

Here's the link to SPP.Gov
North American Union

[edit on 10/28/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 10/28/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So when Superman saves that kid in S2, Clark and Lois are actually across the border to investigate the honeymoon rip-off, or that part of it is still in the US?

First time I saw Niagara was that scene. Never having been there, no amount of pictures on tv will ever beat that moment for sheer "wow" factor! We don't have that much water in Australia, or hills that big to make real waterfalls...(plus, I was all ov about 6!)

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Why complain?
Lets say the Americans are doing free advertisement for the Canadians!

Lucky Canadians

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Some of my most fondest most soul soothing experience has been standing in Canada taking in the 8th wonder of the world falls. Followed by a hearty authentic Italian meal at 'Mamma Mias'. The French onion soup of which is the best in the world. The falls, and that restaurant are magical. The Molson XXX 11 percent beer aint bad either. LOL.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Niagra Falls weren't bad, but the Iguazo Falls in South America beat it hands down. No competition, quite a stunning site. I would say the Iguazo falls are the 8th natural wonder in the world not Niagra.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Then the ride into Niagra on the Lake in autumn. Fields of vineyards and farms. The cleanliness, the rows of flowers. The pleasant Canadien charm. The taking in of the historic Niagra on the Lake. Lake Superior beaches. You Canucks rock. And the worlds smallest chapel. How fond my memories are of Canada. And my former loves lost that have taken me there, and me them. Sigh....

top topics

join