It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Bird My Mom and I Found in Minnesota

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
when my family and i were walking threw a public park my mom and i found this strange bird near the path behind a bench my mom had her digital camera so i took a few pics of it, but the little guy was suprisingly fast and most of the pics turned out blurry. the bird could only fly about 3 ft up in the air so i thought it was a baby bird of some kind and we called animal control. the bird could climb trees well with its long legs

here are the two pics that i got that were'nt blurry

picture 1

picture 2

if someone could tell me what kind of bird it is it would be greatly aprreciated thanks!

-Nate

[edit on 28-10-2007 by cryptidhunterfosho]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Telling us what area, region, public park you saw it in would be pretty helpful.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
sorry if you cant see the pic if you dont have a myspace but i didnt know how to put the pic from my digital camera file onto the post

sorry for the incovience but if someone who has a myspace and can see the photos and is willing to put them on the thread it would very much apprieciated

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

it was in st. paul minnesota

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cryptidhunterfosho

Go to photobucket.com. That comes in very helpful here at ATS.com. You won't believe you didn't theorize without one. Hahahaha

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

haha thanks forgot about photobucket

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You should really take those off of MySpace as not everyone on ATS has myspace.

Also you would be better off posting it on a bird watcher site rather than ATS, as bird identification really has nothing to do with ATS, unless it is conspiratorial in nature.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ill repost the links for the pics using photo bucket this time

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
here are the pics i took now that i siscovered photo bucket

picture 1

picture 2

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm the furthest thing from an expert, and I'm going to come into this swinging blindly but.. I say it's a baby bird of prey. Maybe an infant vulture? The last of me you'll ever see in the Cryptozoology forum. Thank you as a bow out gracefully.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Child Green Heron! A timid bird often around any waters. Smallest heron there is. Nice photos.

www.ibrrc.org...

[edit on 28-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
DoDo Bird it looks like

Perhaps it is related somehow.

AAC

[edit on 28-10-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
thank you anhinga i knew it was a baby bird and a heron of some type because of the long beak

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My pleasure, I love seeing Green Herons, they're pretty shy though. I hope I'm not one of few birders on the site. (!?)

You got a couple of great shots of this timid bird! Here's another shot of the GH full-grown. I know, they're hardly 'green' which seems to be the case often w/ bird names. I don't get it either, aside from sometimes they were named w/ other ideas in mind or misidentified before modern tagging/ID methods.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
probably an escaped pet or from cosmopark zoo aviary

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Actually, they are native species to that area in the summer, I don't know when the OP saw the heron but here's a map of it's year in the Americas:

[edit on 29-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

yes i saw it in the summer in august i was visiting family before summer vacation was over

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
Child Green Heron! A timid bird often around any waters. Smallest heron there is. Nice photos.

www.ibrrc.org...

[edit on 28-10-2007 by anhinga]

Yes! I'm from Minnetonka and we see these by the lake occasionally, but I don
't think I've seen one this young- especially this late in the year. weird. Can't say for sure if it is a Green Heron or not, but definitely a Heron. I happen to go to school in St. Paul! Good pics.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
an and andy is right on the money.

[edit on 3/5/08 by Draco87]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
thought it was a starling until i saw the legs.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by JPhish]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join