It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sightings of aliens have been linked to electrical fields caused by quakes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You are driving along an empty road late at night when several large, disc-shaped lights suddenly fly in front of you. One stops and hovers above the road. Your ignition cuts out and your curiosity turns to panic. The glowing ball is on the ground in front of you now. Is that a figure emerging..?
You are having a UFO experience which could mean:
a) you have actually been contacted by aliens;
b) you are having hallucinations, are stressed or schizophrenic, or it is a false memory implanted later under hypnosis;
c) you have walked on to the set of a sci-fi B movie in the making.
But there is another possibility - you might simply be receiving advance warning of an earthquake. This is the theory of Michael Persinger, a professor of psychology and neuroscience at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, who is the subject of a television documentary tomorrow night [Ref: Equinox : Identified Flying Objects]. Mr Persinger's research project is odd and intriguing.
For 20 years he has been working on a theory that connects not only UFOs and earthquakes, but also powerful electromagnetic fields and an explanation of paranormal beliefs in terms of unusual brain activity.
Jerome Burne

An interesting read. I usually try to get a broad perspective, of any given subject of study, especially one as enigmatic, as the UFO phenom.

It is always good to temper research with views that you would not necessarily subscribe to, to better make an educated guess (or hypothesis) when rendering an opinion of such a broad subject.

Interesting theory none the less....

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very interesting. However I feel like the explanation of seismic pressure on rock and crystal producing powerful electric fields is quite vague?

First, there are several types of earthquakes. Which one produces enough pressure to produce an electromagnetic field? Or does the field vary according to the pressure?

Second, the article says it's localized. That doesn't account for UFOs seen at higher altitudes or in space.

Third, an electromagnetic field doesn't account for all the symptoms associated with closer UFO encounters.

Fourth, I could go on and on.

Fifth, scroll town and read the text on alien abductions called TAKEN. That is also quite interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I agree with you on all accounts, Scramjet....I read his paper and found it quite interesting despite the fact I do not subscribe to his theories.

I truly believe after literally decades of research, that there is far, far, more to the UFO enigma, than magnetic field anomalies or earthquakes.

Though it is also noteworthy that there is a strong UFO presents at major sites where this phenom occurs.....they do seem to frequent these places....my guess its more as a gas station to them, feeding off the energy. Fascinating stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Piezo Electric effects are common knowledge and in the study of earthquakes the "earthquake lights" many years ago where attributed to large sub-surface quartzite deposits having seismic pressures applied giving off large electrical sparks. That was old news though and anyone with a fireplace lighter sees the effect when they click to get a flame.

Less known are other electromagnetic effects, but I suspect that such EM events are very common and can be artifacts from active alien propulsion and other devices from non-terrestrial or trans-dimensional technologies.

I also think that there are many natural fluctuations in magnetic fields all the time and that the severity or variety of effects are outside our science knowledge. I found a gravitational map of the earth that showed the varying intensity of our own gravitational footprint of the surface of the planet. The Earth map was quite "bumpy" and misshapened. EM would likely be as, or more active too.

I think sometimes, depending on geologic or matter-related events that an intense enough or type of EM/Grav/? event can spontaneously erupt. Maybe opening temporary openings to similarly effected neighboring dimensions. UFOs and aliens as well as non-earth creatures could maybe transit in and maybe some humans transit out. Many reports of people going into other worlds or seeing such worlds with creatures and strange lifeforms, cities are very common throughout recorded history and literature. I can see a possible connection to all.

I especially think that if gravity modulating devices or even more exotic technology are active in a multiverse, that "stuff happens".

ZG

top topics

join