It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Cuba survived.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I ran across a video that was absolutely fascinating. We talk about how we would survive situation X and what we need and such, but it actually happened to Cuba.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, Cuba was suddenly screwed. It's oil imports dropped by two thirds, They had no food, no fertilizer for crops and no tractors to till the soil. The average Cuban lost 20 pounds.

Did they perish? Nope, they went into survival mode.

Not only is this video informative about survival, it's also a great insight into the nation of Cuba itself. I had no idea.....

How Cuba Survived.

Enjoy,

wupy

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You should also look into Castros past and see how he survived. like him or hate him he is was and always will be a survivor

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Great analogy.
I tried using Beirut as an example of how to live in a hostile enviroment, but Cuba is a good one too. I may be wrong, but I bet a sense of community helped Cuba gather resources to survive. I don't recall reading about any civil wars against each other for food. hmm

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A bump for the Wup-man's topic and here is the youtube version for those that have problems with the 53 min version on that site:

Part 1 of 5

Google Video Link

I haven't seen the whole thing, but it's gotta be good.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
cuba's economy is much smaller though, America is a large monster that's system of banking is self consuming. We'd be better off as communists in my opinion so long as we don't mess up the same way that Russia did.

top topics

join