It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says U.S backing "terrorists"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Iran says U.S backing "terrorists"

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has access to evidence of U.S. support for terrorist groups in the Middle East, a senior Iranian official was quoted as saying on Sunday.

Iran's new chief nuclear negotiator, Saeed Jalili, made the allegation in comments to visiting Turkish Foreign Minister Ali Babacan, whose country may soon send troops to hunt down Kurdish guerrillas in northern Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In short, Iran's new hard-line negotiator, Saeed Jalili, claims that as Kurdish rebels operating out of northern Iraq are apparently not being pursued by the American occupying forces, by implication, these P.K.K fighters — amongst other 'terrorist' groups in the Middle East — must have the backing of the United States.

"There are documents and information available proving America's support for terrorist groups in the region," said Jalili.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Brad.T]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the circus sure is putting on a show

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
wouldnt surprise me. we trained osama bin laden. sent monetary aid to the taliban. flew taliban member out of afghanistan before the bombing began. the bay of pigs could be seen as us coordinating a terrorist strike. every country sponsors terrorism just not the same terrorists.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by scarrr

Indeed.

Though, you must admit that it's quite funny sounding when the tables are turned.

This whole freaking ordeal is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. It's all a bunch of political/financial BS from top to bottom. IMO

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Iran is saying this? Look I by no means am saying that it isnt true...but Iran doesnt exactly have any credibility to go off of at this point. In other words...how do we know for sure that it is not propaganda from the iranians?

Are they just batting an "eye for an eye" or a "tic for tac" with the US, who says Iran is supporting terrorists groups (which is true Hamas anyone?)?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We invented terrorism. We were shooting redcoats from bushes.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

And the US has any credibility left? They funded the IRA to blow up the british throughout the 1970`s>1990`s.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I must say I believe Irans government about as much as I believe our government at this point. In other words, I don't listen to a word they say.

They might mix in a bit of truth now and again, but for the most part, they are just playin word games. Its a big match of "who can twist this around to fit our agenda" and right now the US is winning.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
We invented terrorism. We were shooting redcoats from bushes.

no.. thats not terrorism.. that would be gorrila warfare..

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by West Coast

And the US has any credibility left? They funded the IRA to blow up the british throughout the 1970`s>1990`s.

Proof?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
NORAID

and

Martin Galvin

go look them up as i CBA to argue with you.

CX

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I can remember many a NORAID bus full of people from the US stopping of in Crossmaglen, buying thier "Crossmaglen Sniper" t-shirt from the local gift shop before trotting off for a scenic visit to a training camp across the border.

Ok that was SOME people from the US, not all and not the goverment as may be implied. However they DID fund the IRA.

CX.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
wouldnt surprise me. we trained osama bin laden. sent monetary aid to the taliban. flew taliban member out of afghanistan before the bombing began. the bay of pigs could be seen as us coordinating a terrorist strike. every country sponsors terrorism just not the same terrorists.

The word mujahadeen means "Freedom fighter." Each side calls themselves fighters of freedom, and the other side is the terrorists. Think about it, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Freedom Fries... They say Patriot Act, I say Nazi Act of Facism. The winners of wars are the writers of the history books, and they will write it down how they see it. Its always been that way, and it always will.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
man, its a known fact that USA creates and uses terrorists for iits own very evil and diabolical purpose of world domination

USA is the greatest evil empire the world has ever seen

and God is going to make USA pay the price in worst way ever

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
its true, ive been saying it for a while. the US has a history of supporting terrorists, from the taliban and mujahedeen, to Jundullah and MEK. who is the MEK? --->www.cfr.org...
some of the things MEK has done..
-assistance to Saddam Hussein’s suppression of the 1991 Iraqi Shiite and Kurdish uprisings; (ahem.. gassing the kurds, remember)
-support for the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran by Iranian revolutionaries
-the 1970s killings ofU.S. military personnel and civilians working on defense projects in Tehran.

and yet we have this !!??
www.cnn.com...

and this from the terrorist group Jundullah
blogs.abcnews.com...

The Us seems to have no problem consorting with terrorists when it fits the agenda

while it may be true that iran supports hezbollah, i find it utterly retarded that the US (or rather zionist neocons) are saying iran and alqaeda are in cahoots.. when iran is shi'ite and alqaeda is sunni extremists.. aka Enemies.
www.globalexchange.org...

im sure there are plans to frame iran for something as we speak.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by turbokid]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

Perhaps someone should ask the Kurdish forces if they know where the missing US-paid for AKs, helmets, and body armour went?

190,000 US weapons disappear in Iraq

The failure of the US to account for so many missing weapons is an embarrassment for the White House after months in which it has repeatedly accused Iran of supplying weapons and explosives to the insurgents.

The report says that the former commander of the training of Iraqi forces said about 185,000 AK-47s, 170,000 pistols, 215,000 pieces of body armour and 140,000 helmets were issued as of September 2005. But the property books contain records for only about 75,000 AK-47s, 90,000 pistols, 80,000 pieces of body armour and 25,000 helmets.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
They have a point

Turkey describes the PKK as terrorists. The PKK have carried out a number of atrocities along the Turkish border.

And yet, in Iraq is an occupying("liberating") standing force from the USA, prosecuting its "war on terror"

And yet as little as two weeks back, the PKK carried out a terror attack on Turkey.

Why no "surge" in Northern Iraq? Isn't there a war on terror on? Maybe the US is supporting terrorists?

As for the poster who is unaware of NORAID, wakey wakey sunshine. The US Government turned a blind eye to US people fund raising for the IRA throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's.

new topics

top topics

join