It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top TV Chef or program.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What's your favorite TV chef or cooking program?

My favorite TV chef is Mario Batali. I really enjoy his philosophy in regards to cooking; simple ingriedents, locally aquired and fresh. Having had a restaurant for 13 years and being brought up in an Italian family I understand and appreciate this approach to cooking.

I also like Alton Brown and his ability to explain how and why food is best prepared in a certain way.

I can't forget to add that Iron Chef always makes me hungry and I love watching them prepare such oppulent food in so short a time.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My favorite TV Chef is Alton Brown. I love Good Eats and Iron Chef. I also like Brown on The Next Iron Chef and the Next Food Network Star shows he did.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go with Anthony Bordain.. they rarely show him cooking on the show, but he does have a great show and goes to some really crazy places.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I like Alton Brown and how he describes the science behind cooking, however I'm not too keen on his personality. I also like Mario. I haven't tried any of his dishes though. They look a little complicated and expensive. I've tried several of Michael Chiarelli and Paula Deen's recipes. Everyone I've tried have been very good! Tried a couple of Alton's too and they were exceptional.

As far as chefs I don't like - can't stand Bobby Flay. Don't know why - just don't like his face. Also, I used to like Rachael Ray until she sold her soul to Oprah. Now not a big fan anymore.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Giada de Laurentiis (Everyday Italian, Giada's Weekend Getaways) or Alton Brown (Good Eats, Iron Chef) are one and two.
I really like Rachael Ray too, even though most folk don't.
Alton tries to make food and cooking fun, and Giada is really easy on the eyes.

(Yes, that is a bad photo, but I like the look on her face.)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here are my favorite TV cooking shows

Iron Chef (Japan/America)
Good Eats
Emeril Live
30 Minute Meals
Boy Meets Grill
Everyday Italian

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My favorite chef is Sandra Lee. She cooks everyday meals that are fast and delicious.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
TV chefs are as famous as rock stars here in the UK. Channel 4 has the best line upand the best programmes: Hugh Fernley Whitingstall with the whole organic/self sufficient thing, Jamie Oliver's briliantly accesible recipe's have taken Butternut Squash from complete obscurity to supermarket staple, and Gordon Ramsay who is technically peerless* as a chef as well as massively entertaining.

*Heston Blumenthal, who does the Perfection series on the BBC is 'officially' the best chef in the world, and his show is ace too.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The Jamie Oliver has a new show over here, called Jamie at Home or something like that. I don't like it.

But Gordon Ramsay's shows are great. I like the F-Word.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Alton Brown is about the only American chef I can watch and take seriously. I haven't had much exposure to all of them but if Emeril and Rachel Ray are anything to go by I'll pass thanks.

Curtis Stone is ,about the only one I do make an effort to tune into, his show Take Home chef is about all I get on the network we have here n Japan. His dishes usually leave my mouth watering.
I have tried many of his recipes on the tlc.com site and they are always delicious.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I really like the craziness of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, but for an actual cooking show I'd have to pick Iron Chef America (I've seen most of the Japanese ones and have moved on). As for a chef, I'd have to say Iron Chef Bobby Flay.

AJ

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Alton Brown! He got my husband to cook things that turn out really good! We love him.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Alton Brown is the greatest person on food network, as well as television in general. I also really like Mario Batali because he really gets into regional italian cooking and shows you techniques and is just a really awesome chef. I also like Martin Yan because I grew up watching Yan Can Cook. He's also one of the very few CMC's (certified master chef) on tv.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
sorry people the best of the best would be.........

Anthony Bourdain

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I miss Justin Wilson a whole bunch. There also was this Italian chef who had a tv show and he used to sing opera while he was cooking and he would always say "iffa you cooka the pasta too long you getta polenta!". I forgot his name but I loved that guy.

I also really miss the Japanese version of the Iron Chef. Now they got this new American version with the Japanese guy jumpin' around doing backflips. I'm not sure what's up with that.

My g/f thinks I only like to watch Sandra Lee because of those!
Really it's just her cooking.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I love Dinner Impossible, but Irvine got canned for lying

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Gotta go with Gordon Ramsey.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I love to watch Rachael Ray and Sandra Lee.

Ooo and all the Food Network challenge shows with sugar
or fancy cakes etc. That just amazes me what they can do!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't like TV cooking shows.... they're boring and then my wife tries to make the things they make on TV and there's onions and yukky stuff involved and I don't eat it and then get in trouble... :shk:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Maybe your wife is trying to open you up to new tastes and experiences and healthy eating. If you really loved her you would at least try to eat what she makes without scraping the green things to the side. hee hee

You could also take in a couple shows yourself and try to make something for dinner that you know you like. Guy's Big Bite might be the show for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join