It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Book of Nostradamus, 9/11, and The End of the World!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's interesting of course and certainly worth reading. But as I said in another recent Nostradamus topic:

For information purposes: www.propheties.it... (if a non-Nostradamus related page loads, just go back and press the "stop" button at the top of your browser so that it stays on the Nostradamus Centuries page.)

At the above link you can see more direct and precise translations from the originals into English. You will find that the language becomes quite different in many of the verses when compared to the sensationalized forms found in many popular Nostradamus books and TV shows.

Anything is possible of course. But in my opinion it is problematic to say the least to apply modern viewpoints, cultural contexts, and political realities to the mindset that someone living in Nostradamus' time would have had and the realities of that era. We cannot simply take what was written and adapt its wording in order to contort it into making sense in a modern context, and then suggest that this was Nostradamus' intent, in my view.

I respect everyone's opinions and am not trying to accuse anyone here of sensationalism. I just feel this needs to be taken into consideration.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Hi Aries,

Sorry about that. Hopefully these links work better:

Some of the drawings in the book seem to correlate with the astrological chart of Dec. 21, 2012 11:11 AM GMT:

forum.astro.com...

For example, in the drawing of the blindfolded archer aiming his arrow at the naked woman, I think this may relate to Venus in the sign of Sagittarius. [Venus as ruler of Libra (scales) and Taurus (bull)] In addition, Chiron (also a centaur) is square Venus on that day.

nostradamus.alamongordo.com...

In the drawing of the arm holding up a sword, Saturn in Scorpio [scorpion] is in a yod configuration [the flowering rod of Aaron] with Pluto in Capricorn [goat].

In the drawing of the bodiless head of a king, this could represent the constellation Cepheus (king's head). Could this be a reference to the Red Star Kachina and Blue (companion) Star Kachina which are mentioned in the Hopi prophecy? In the same picture the figure with the bow and arrow may represent Pallas (as huntress) in Pisces [double fish].

The three women in the next drawing could represent Lilith (with the head scarf), Fortuna [Pars Fortuna] (portrayed as a voluptuous woman/ harlot) and Ceres in the (scholarly) sign of Gemini:

So, these drawings all relate to the particular placement of the planets and asteroids in the various signs as they are on Dec. 21, 2012. Obviously, then, this date must have been of considerable importance to Nostradamus.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

In addition, there is a drawing of a lobster depicted next to a green spiral or whirlpool, and both of these are shown below the conjoined images of the Sun and Moon suspended by a triangle, which itself contains three crescents:

I wonder if this could represent the grand trine [golden triangle] in water element [spiral/whirlpool] involving Varuna (in Cancer), the North Node [conjoined Sun and Moon] and Pallas that also occurs on Dec. 21, 2012. The orb in this grand trine is nearly exact. As Todd Adams mentions in picasaweb.google.com... "in the 17th century and probably before, Cancer was denoted as a Lobster, not a crab".

Here is something about Varuna from planetwaves.net... :

"The energy of Varuna is that which is too large to comprehend....One astrologer who has done some interesting work with Varuna is Juan Revilla of Costa Rica....Juan explained to me his interpretation that Varuna is quite literally "behind everything" -- a potent and ominous force lingering in the far reaches of our lives. Among the many deities who have had planets and asteroids named for them, Varuna's energy seems closest to what we think of as God, the all-knowing cosmic entity that exists silently behind consciousness and events."

<< 2  3  4   >>

join